• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Compbros

PS4 seems to trying to make their console the defacto FGC hardware. Not sure if it's working but that seems to be the strategy between them and Capcom since the beginning of this generation. I just wish if they were really serious about making PS4 the "fighting box" they'd port over the excellent Iron Galaxy Darkstalkers and SF3 ports from last gen.

It's working, even for multiplat fighters like MKX the PS4 is used as the console of choice. Xbox is only used for Killer Instinct

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'd take anything, even paid characters, as long as there's no P2W gems/stones/microtransactions.

Not gems. Infinity Stones. Look closely. :3

I imagine they will randomly appear on the stage giving temporary powerups.
MSH style stones is something I'd totes down for. Just... again... don't give in to P2W PLS!

TreIII

MSH lover here too. I have the arcade cab in the basement.

MSH is my favorite too.

MSH was my jam back in the day. Got me into fighting games.

Trailer got me hype. :D

Y'all make me so happy~!

On another note, great to hear about this being multi-platform.

It means my hopes can now be transferred to a Switch port too. I NEED to be able to play this game anywhere.

Neoxon said:
No Switch ;_;

I'm just chalking that up to how almost nobody is talking about their Switch plans until Nintendo does in January.

...I hope, anyway.

xptoxyz

Hope it's a more approachable and less daunting game, the 2v2 could help with that.

The last entries speed and near infinite combo unbalance was so off-putting to invest money in when looking at these games from videos alone.

Games which had characters people wanted to play but game felt so over the top to people who are comfortable playing KoF/SF-speed style of fighters were put off. (I don't know if this is widespread but know a handful of people who think this way IRL)

Fans of the former series probably won't care so much for this issue and would rather have more of the same of course.

Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.

Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.

not if any of your favorite characters are x-men lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What is this about UMvC3 on PSN? Is it just the PS3 version getting put back up or a PS4 port?

So Cap Am confirmed - no shit - and UE4 as well.

And Story mode and Arcade mode being touted as features before anyone asks LUL

cordy

Banned
When Megaman X showed up I was dancing like this

tumblr_n92uoy3qsV1rpqtlgo1_500.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks fantastic. Any people worried about the MCU replacing the comic material should be happy with this first look at least.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Something feels off... like extra clean and kinda cheap. Might just be the logo design.

Still looking forward to seeing some gameplay

Looks like 2v2 from MvC1 with Infinity Gems power ups from Marvel Super Heroes. If so, hopefully we'll get a huge variety of assist characters.

CG trailer wasn't really great compared to MvC3 but X finally gets in a MvC! Also good that it's not exclusive, XB1 been needing more fighting games in general.

Durden77

Annnnnd I'm worried.

2v2 doesn't bother me. Nice change of pace.

Infinity stones an "accessible battles".....ehhhhh... they're walking a fine line here. Although they billed MvC3 as accessible and look how that turned out.

If they can actually find the line between accessible and good gameplay, then great, but that's not easy. Especially with this series and it's combo focus.

Negaduck

Buddy of mine is saying 6 button layout..

I confirming his source but fuck the characters that button layout is the best thing I've heard.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuullll

vg260

Exactly, but I love KI so I'd be perfectly fine with this. I think it would suit MvC great.

Same. Just don't use the SFV model, and make everything reasonably priced.

The game needs ongoing support. A "complete" game tends to have finite support (MvC3).

I'm super excited... but the characters seemed lifeless and the trailer was boring compared to the MvC3 opening cinematics. I have a feeling this game has a smaller budget

Top Bottom