• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Animations transfer easily.

Yup, I had few discussions with some friends few days before it's official reveals. They were so sure that we wouldn't get any animations recycled but I just knew that they would because I strongly believe that it was needed if we want to get more newcomers, and in order to padding the roster with good numbers of veterans.

When are we getting the roster discussion thread, or are we using this until it hits 20K?

I'm working on it but I wish they would release concept arts for those 6 characters. I'm surprised with the fact they didn't.

'Because fuck you' - Capcom

Come on, you know better. :p

Do you know if Marvel asked for the X-men to be available only as DLC, or if it's Capcom decision ?

It was Marvel's decision. There is a reliable source that Marvel is going to loose up their ban list/black list with X-Men and Fantastic Four in early 2017. It actually make sense why those characters are going to be DLC.

I meant, they already decided with the roster and everything else on their Design Document like a year and half ago so it might be too late for them to change it at last minutes. I'm totally okay with them being in the game via DLC, which is better than not being in the game.

The End

I don't know. I'm assuming X-Men were off limits back when the base roster was being finalized. Or maybe it was more along the lines of "you can include them, but only as DLC" in order to keep the X-Men off the box art and out of story mode.

If the X-men contract is as bad as people say it is, Marvel has to pay a percentage of merchandizing back to fox on their own characters

This way, Marvel doesn't have to pay Fox anything for the "boxed" version of MvC:I, and if people want X-men, Fox gets their cut out of the DLC price

dankir

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

TELL US MORE! You leaked the damn game, what else ya got!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What the fuck are the F4 gonna do anyways

Reed Richards: Stretches a lot, sucks
Sue Storm: Goes invisible, is lame
Johnny Storm: Lights self on fire, probably a loser
The Thing: Is Vic Mackey

You are going to get Super Skrull instead of those teammates.

Fox probably wants money and making them DLC is the way to go. Here Fox, you have a share.

They don't make any money from X-Men and F4 merchandise, games, etc because they only have X-Men and Fantastic Four License for films itself.

vg260

They cost that much because all the gameplay affecting stuff (characters,stages) can be purchased with in-game currency so you don't HAVE to pay.

This game is most likely gonna have paid-only characters though so the cost should be less. Or at least I hope so.

Just keep the same pricing for characters and outfits as UMvC3 and all is good.

SFV's free-character model jacked the price of the cosmetics up way too much, especially for those who actually buy the season pass. Although we don't know if SFV's costumes HAD TO cost that much, or Capcom's both accounting for the free option and trying to squeeze a little more out of it on top.

Is Marvel mad at Capcom for how they fucked up MvC3 or something? Why are they so intent on making sure the company dies?

There's no way releasing flagship character as DLC ends up being a positive.

I-hate-u

Is Marvel mad at Capcom for how they fucked up MvC3 or something? Why are they so intent on making sure the company dies?

Marvel intends to sink Capcom so that their parent company, Disney, comes in and swoops them up at a low price.

Well just take a look at how they're handling Season 2 of Street Fighter V...

I think at this point Capcom is done listening to fan feedback and are just going to do whatever they want.

They loved what they got out of MvC3 and have always liked working with Capcom on these games

cordy

Banned
The people who I normally see complain about unlockable content most are the FGC because they want all the content there for competitive reasons. I don't think there is a group with a bigger disparity of wants for their games then that of the FGC vs Casual fighting fans.

Yep.

I love unlockable characters. That's one reason that I hope T7's console version has unlockables. It increases replay value. The "beat Arcade Mode to unlock a character" thing has always been something I look forward to.

mbpm1

you say that but people are already lining up

I think at this point Capcom is done listening to fan feedback and are just going to do whatever they want.

That's completely different. I understand some people wanted favorites to return, but this would be like SFV releasing with all the World Warrior characters be DLC.

Mupod

I'll pay whatever they ask for Super Skrull. So much fun to play in UMvC3.

I like him way better than the FF. Even if his characterization in MVC3 was a bit off.

Honestly on the Marvel side I'm not too worried about the prospects for my favorites as a cosmic Marvel kinda guy. Taskmaster and Dormmamu are my guys and it's not unreasonable to expect both (especially if they are re-using as much as they can). It's Capcom I'm concerned (and excited) about.

Neoxon

I don't know. I'm assuming X-Men were off limits back when the base roster was being finalized. Or maybe it was more along the lines of "you can include them, but only as DLC" in order to keep the X-Men off the box art and out of story mode.
There was a rumor that Marvel is gonna ease up on the X-Men/F4 restrictions next year. This may have been Capcom's opening to include the Fox characters since the base roster was already screwed out of them.

Going by what you've heard, I suppose that rumor is true.

I imagine most of the fox characters as dlc will be umvc3 vets that won't take as long to port up. Newcomers as dlc will probably be more focused on mcu properties.

That's completely different. I understand some people wanted favorites to return, but this would be like SFV releasing with all the World Warrior characters be DLC.

See... this is how they're fucking up so bad. Their messaging sucks.

Is that what's really happening with Season 2? You have a slide that says "completely new characters", but Takayuki says "new to the Street Fighter Universe"... which one is it? They didn't talk balance patches or any QOL changes fans have asked for. Nothing about the arcade mode that so many people cried about.

They had the attention of their entire community...and just said "hey here's Akuma this month and maybe 5 more guys that are maybe new or whatever".

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

Sweet.

Neoxon

This was probably Marvel's call. Capcom likely tried to take advantage of Marvel's recent change-of-heart as soon as they could.

I'm shocked really
here I thought KOF 14 was the last fighting game being released this gen.

I have some many questions.

I was told street fighter V sold poorly and was not very good
I was told UMVC3 wasn't any good and sold poorly
I was told that Marvel licensing is much harder to get approved than it was back then.
I was told Mega man (especially X) was dead and so was the franchise.
I was told that we were never going to see a new marvel vs capcom game ever again.

Here's the kicker- people are complaining already?
I mean yeah opinions- I'm just saying this wasn't even supposed to happen yall,
can we just enjoy this for a moment before we go all critical on the decisions they are making.

Obviously this is a reboot and cap is really taking advantage of the MCU by
changing the name from MVC4 to infinite (to attract more peeps) and I agree that 3 characters was intimidating when mounted with the new systems like x factor and all that.

Is a great announcement , cant wait to hear more.

PS:

Gene (from God hand) & Arisen from Dragons Dogma is -insta day one for me capcom ;)

Awesome. I will buy every piece of DLC for MVCI (just like I did with MVC3 and UMVC3) and getting the X-Men and FF back would be pretty awesome.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh well. I hope they are reasonably priced at least. I wish Capcom and Marvel would adopt Blizzard's Overwatch DLC policies i.e having the characters and stages free but make money purely on cosmetics, but that will never happen..

Honestly, I think it's way cheaper to make OverWatch characters than a fighter character. And I would rather to see them focusing on making more characters and stages than cosmetic features.

Marvel

could never

I missed this.

Right then I'm buying everythaaang then

guek

Banned

At first I was pumped for F4 but then I realized that probably just means Doom and nothing more.

Good news I guess but Susan Storm, Annihilus, and Silver Surfer would be welcome additions that probably wont happen.

shinkai

My prediction roster

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Megaman X
3. Morrigan
4. Chun-Li
5. Akuma
6. Batsu
7. Gene
8. Asura
9. Jill (RE1)
10. Spencer
11. Captain Commando
12. Kenji
13. Wesker
14. Sigma
15. Dante (DMC4)
16. Vergil

Marvel
1. Iron Man
2. Captain Marvel
3. Captain America
4. Spider-Man
5. Venom
6. Black Widow
7. Punisher
8. Ultron
9. Black Panther
10. Star Lord
11. Winter Soldier
12. Scarlet Witch
13. Hawkeye
14. Thor
15. Thanos
16. Rocket Raccoon

lmao pre-order bonus

Top Bottom