• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
just realised that come September 19th, if we they havent announced any more dlc characters, we will probably find out who the other 4 are, because im sure people can find that shit easily in the PC files

Exactly, that's why I set my deadline for the petition like two weeks to two weeks and half after the release date. People should find out like few days after everyone get their hands on the game.

Also quick reminder for everyone to post your wish list in this petition thread if you want someone from Capcom and Marvel to hear your voice: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421296

Jawmuncher

If it's anything like RE7 and SFV theyll def leave a lot of info in. Even when they scrubbed the RE7 demo there was a ton of stuff still there. It'll probably be easy to mine.

Though I wouldn't expect anything crazy like models for all the DLC characters unless they're all indeed in the story mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If it's anything like RE7 and SFV theyll def leave a lot of info in. Even when they scrubbed the RE7 demo there was a ton of stuff still there. It'll probably be easy to mine.

Though I wouldn't expect anything crazy like models for all the DLC characters unless they're all indeed in the story mode.

I just meant another .zip file tbh, I wasnt thinking a SF X Tekken situation.

Negaduck

I can't wait to see Sigma gameplay! Mvci won't be complete until we have both of the primary villains in the game!

Still doesn't make sense to me to have Sigma not I'm the base roster.

I can't wait for women to pick up this game and start beating men. Specifically Noel Brown.

I really hope that happens. Not a ton of competitive fighting game players are women, especially in Mahvel. Having shit-heaps like Noel and Chris G still getting attention, and having words like bitch being used regularly really doesn't help. The FGC needs to seriously step up their game.

I can't wait to see Sigma gameplay! Mvci won't be complete until we have both of the primary villains in the game!

Yeah, utterly headache-inducing that he's not in the base roster. I really wanna see how he plays since I think Buzz Lightyear has a solid chance of being a really cool addition.

I was reading something about how a lot of women play online because they don't want to be harassed offline. Hopefully they can level up and ruin these dudes.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Once again, I'm 90% sure that's exactly what it's gonna be.

The lack of Sigma is the most egregious s1 dlc/base roster mishap in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eventually :)

:(

what will the game look like in 1 year I wonder.

All the DLC will be out (season 1 at least), lots of tournamentes will have gone by, including Evo... interesting times ahead, thats for sure.

edit: Blizzard competing with Capcom for the misspell award?

yQalANm.jpg

Naxxramas is 2 "x"s and 1 "m", not 1 "x" and 2 "m"s

JAXXX

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Preview with Justin Wong

By Alex Beaven
August 22, 2017
As Marvel vs. Capcom fans say farewell to Ultimate MVC3, players and spectators have a new Marvel fighting game to look forward to in September. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will be the next competitive title in the series and will surely be in the spotlight for several fighting game tournaments.

Marvel vs. Capcom veteran and multi-time champion Justin Wong shared his opinion on several aspects of MVCI such as revitalization of the Marvel scene, the character roster, and fresh gameplay mechanics.

Rising to the Challenge

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will be the first new entry to the MVC franchise since Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s release in early 2011 (with the “Ultimate” version releasing later on that year). With this latest title, Justin Wong is expecting a bright future for tournament play. “I think the Marvel scene will come back out of retirement from MVC2/MVC3 to try this
game out since it’s a new game and a new concept.”

Justin also hopes to see plenty of new players getting involved with MVCI, stating: “it’s always different in every Marvel game.” With the fighting game community always growing, many new faces are sure to appear at events.

Because the game is so new, Justin expects Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite to provide plenty of challenges for both new and returning players. While newcomers may need to learn how to properly execute combos, Justin stated: “I believe defending in this game will be tough even for seasoned players.”

A New Age of Heroes

A new Marvel vs. Capcom game means fresh faces showing up on both sides of the roster. Justin himself is especially looking forward to trying Captain Marvel, Gamora, and Jedah, all never-before-seen in the MVC series.

Among the many characters that will show up as DLC content in the future is Sigma, currently a pre-order bonus for MVCI. With Sigma finally joining the MVC roster, Justin said: “I really want to try Sigma because I’ve been waiting for him since forever!”

Tag Team Tactics

With the revamped roster comes changes to the team system that has been a staple in the Marvel vs. Capcom series since its inception. The first Marvel vs. Capcom allowed for two characters to be chosen for either side to fight in 2v2 battles, which was later increased to 3v3 for MVC2 and MVC3.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will return the crossover franchise to its 2v2 team roots, though it will some adjustments to how teams are constructed.

In MVC2 and MVC3, each character had three different assist moves to choose from that could be called upon while another character fights in battle. MVCI is taking the team format in a slightly different direction which removes assist moves, replacing them with the “Active Switch” system. This new mechanic allows for one character to begin a combo and then tag out for the team’s second character to finish the job. Active Switches will likely cause players to search for the optimal combo setups between characters in order to formulate dangerous and effective game plans.

Despite these changes, Justin Wong does not believe the smaller teams or the removal of assists will make MVCI too simple for competitive play. “I think the players will understand how to transition into 2v2. What I expect will give players a hard time is that they don't have assists to back them up, or they have to constantly tag to keep the flow of the game in their favor.”

Infinite Opportunities

Along with gameplay changes focused around the roster, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will also feature a unique “Infinity Stone” system. The stones have been featured in Marvel comics for decades and were last used by Capcom in the arcade title Marvel Super Heroes.

Each Infinity Stone will provide a separate function such as a long-distance dash or a quick launch to bounce an opponent off a wall, and give players access to a special “Infinity Storm” power once enough meter is gained.

The Infinity Stone system replaces X-Factors, Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s powerful yet divisive comeback mechanic. Justin expects the Infinity Stones to open MVCI up for more creativity and freedom in how players approach situations. “I always hated X-Factors because there were many fraudulent wins that came out of it, including some of my wins, but I am happy that there is a diverse system such as the Infinity Stones which will make things more interesting.”

Justin Wong is expecting MVCI to rejuvenate the Marvel vs. Capcom series, though it is up to players to explore the game and reveal the true potential of these new gameplay concepts.

Since Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’s official announcement, the fighting game community has kept a close eye on any information being revealed about the title. Once MVCI finally launches in September, keep an eye out for Justin Wong to explore the new game and be at the forefront of competition.

Rhaknar

UM Tyrant reached 5k subs, so good for him, seems it was a important milestone.

Apparently he will have footage of the gamescom version soon, not sure where from tho, I guess more small local UK events / tournaments? Thats where is he getting his footage from I believe?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
A New Age of Heroes

A new Marvel vs. Capcom game means fresh faces showing up on both sides of the roster. Justin himself is especially looking forward to trying Captain Marvel, Gamora, and Jedah, all never-before-seen in the MVC series.

Among the many characters that will show up as DLC content in the future is Sigma, currently a pre-order bonus for MVCI. With Sigma finally joining the MVC roster, Justin said: “I really want to try Sigma because I’ve been waiting for him since forever!”
🤔

Rhaknar

but that means we gotta get a marvel side of the pre order

BLACK PANTHA BABY

dont start getting excited with a random phrase you read on the internet and you run wild with it, its "Venom isnt new so he cant be DLC so he has to be base roster" all over again.

No offense Intel :p

Venom and Hunter will be unlockables. I know Evans said there won't be any, but they already lied about the DLC characters being new to the series if Venom is in the 1st wave.

I believe Capcom has a few more surprises for launch. They have to...right?

....Right?

Venom and Hunter will be unlockables. I know Evans said there won't be any, but they already lied about the DLC characters being new to the series if Venom is in the 1st wave.

....Right?

Never Expect. Only Hope.

It not wrong to hope.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

....Right?

Someone said they already disconfirmed unlockable characters.

Hm, makes sense.

But seriously, I'm at least hoping the Collection Mode will allow us to use classic tracks or something. I want to see some cool SoL stuff in general with this game. They said they wanted to make sure the game was content rich, but simply throwing in a cinematic story doesn't make it such.

Rhaknar

"Aqui temos o clássico modo Arcade, que traz por volta de 8 lutas (realmente esqueci de contar quantas foram) e ao final um chefe secreto e bem diferente, mas que não foge daqueles clássicos inimigos dos demais Marvel vs Capcom. É uma pena que não posso falar quem é o chefe, até para não estragar a surpresa pra quando o jogo for lançado, mas devo dizer que me agradou bastante. É preciso ter estratégia para vencer e não é somente apertar botões desenfreadamente.

Talvez o que não agrade muita gente é que o modo Arcade não possui um final, por assim dizer. Temos uma tela parabenizando o jogador após o término do jogo e nada mais. Como há um modo história separado, ter um final individual poderia confundir as coisas e acabar não fazendo sentido. A diversão estará em conseguir ultrapassar as barreiras dos adversários e finalmente o chefão final. O que pode ocorrer também é destes finais estarem na versão final do game, vamos ver."

Let me translate that for you:

Here we have the classic Arcade mode, which has around 8 fights (to be honest I forgot to count how many it was) and a secret final boss which is quite different, but in line with previous MvC game final bosses. Its a shame I cant say who the boss is to not ruin the surprise for when the game launches, but I can say I liked it a lot. You need strategy to win it, not just random mashing.

What might not please people is that Arcade Mode doesnt have a ending so to say, there is a screen congratulating the player for finishing it and nothing else. Since there is a seperate story mode, having individual endings could confuse people maybe? The fun will be in beating the opponents and the final boss. What could happen also is that the endings will be in the final version of the game, we'll see.

Dahbomb

I am almost positive Arcade mode wasn't even going to be in this game until people made a big fuss about it in SFV. That pretty much confirms it for me, that's barest of bare minimum effort put into that mode.

It's just ticking off check boxes on the back of the box.

Endings not being in this build would be the best outcome.

I'm really not expecting endings in the final build, though. I'd have to see otherwise to believe so.

tribal24

Banned
I am almost positive Arcade mode wasn't even going to be in this game until people made a big fuss about it in SFV. That pretty much confirms it for me, that's barest of bare minimum effort put into that mode.

It's just ticking off check boxes on the back of the box.

yup people expecting endings haha there's no winning

Should that be the final version for arcade mode... I wonder if they legit understand what people want. Like are they dense this way, or dense another way?

We're rooting for the game and we understand that it's work to do things that people ask, but lord they gotta meet people halfway hahaha. Delay the damn thing if needed.

Won't change my enjoyment of the game, my arcade play in (U)MvC3 was for unlockables and to play before getting into a match, but at least leave the option for those who want it to get a shit panel or two.

Fairly small in the grand scheme of things and hopefully they have a surprise for us but on first hearing it sounds like it's there for the checkbox. I'm glad they're doing other cool things around the game i.e. mission mode and the beginners league to continue rounding out the package.

People want a premier experience and that's what the entire game should be including singleplayer. They better deliver because they're using the goodwill bucket. Hopefully that doesn't blow up too badly because they're doing a good job as of late with reveals and showcasing. Would rather keep the hype train going

Don't you all hate it in MvC3 where after arcade mode you only get to see your point character's ending?

Lucky for us all that Capcom fixed this for MvCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom