• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Kanokare

Pretty sure you need to dash up-forward. Not sure if it works with a side dash. Does not work if you dash down-forward.

Still can't get it for Morrigan's Mission 8 :( I'm hitting lp, lk, hp, upforward-upforward, lp then the lk slips. I was watching DPS do it so simple too.

shaowebb

Finally stopped working overtime long enough to play some more Redbox MVCI today (fuck you gamestop. Still aint in the mail yet.)Gotta say I am finding this title pretty fun. So far I've had a good time with anyone I played in the cast. Breezed through story mode, and the movement does remind me a bit of TVC.

So far who I've enjoyed using the most.

• X-mixups and great neutral. Great tag partner for anyone...just can finish combos or setup a mixup from anything.
  • Spiderman-Crawler assault is still booty, but I dig the lvl 3 and other supers enough that it dont matter. Main thing is that his swing got a good input and that he gained several great combo tools that push him into your face. Guy feels like a pressure machine. He aint much on tags though save crossups from ziplining though. Good reset character though.
  • Ultron-This guy is so dirty lol. Air pressure and drones setup nasty tag options so he does great with anyone. Good combos, great supers, and scummy shit like guaranteed throw attempts off of drones is just fantastic. This dude is a monster.
  • Thanos-Armor, teleports, beams, loops, damage, great supers, good tag partner, just fucking fantastic.

My backups have been Gamora, Dante, and Thor mainly. Just overall great cast to use. Gamora will likely need guns tweaked at this rate, but I'm enjoying her while its there. Dante and Thor feel great as is though. I wanna get into Captain Marvel but I need more lab time. She's not clicking for me yet. Damn is she amazing in Time Stone Infinity Storm though. Its like Air Hyper Viper if you start them into her beams off a launcher combo :p

Wallach

was just watching spooky play nerdjosh, and realized because it was him playing that gamora reminds me of a melty blood character

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GGs again with T.O.P., he was helping me test my Ghost Rider / Nemesis team that I was labbing today. Fun stuff.

Game is fun y'all.

After less than a week, I've got some characters to learn and lab up.

Ultron
Strange
Dormommy
X
Haggar
Thanos

DEFINITELY going to put MH in a team somewhere. Probably main Ultron/Dormommy and switch out the latter with Strange once I get used to him. X and Thanos can go together, and Haggar and maybe Strange could go together as well. Trying to focus on a few teams now that the game is out but I don't want to shoehorn myself too much.

Skab

He's been playing GG and enjoying it iirc.

But that was a couple months ago i think so idk. He was on stream with Floe

Oh I know he's around in that sense, I just meant on Excellent Adventures. Pretty sure the last time we saw him in anything was the smug/punk episodes back at the end of July/early August.

He may have washed his hands of it since he isn't playing SFV anymore.

Vice

Still trying to find a partner for Jedah. So far I've been using Gamora and Strider, but feel like there might be a better fit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Still waiting for a bit before I buy the game, don't have the time now anyways but I know I want it. Even though there's still so much ugly about the game like the character models, voices and the UI and menus, the gameplay is still Marvel, which is king in my book.

Most importantly, the two characters that I settled on many months ago look fun as hell (Spidey / Dorm). I may actually stick to just one team for the first time in all of my Marvel / fighting game experience since I really like those two and I'm not really interested in anyone else right now. Might change when I get the game, most likely.

P.S.: I haven't seen the so-called cheap stuff people are complaining about with Dorm, but chill with the complaints - at least until I get to use him please. That's how my Sentinel got ruined within the first month.

sinkfla87

Still trying to find a partner for Jedah. So far I've been using Gamora and Strider, but feel like there might be a better fit.

You and I are in the same boat haha. I've been thinking about going with Hawkeye, Spencer or Nova. Nova feels so different to me now but I still like him.

brian!

I run zero/jedah. I can see weaknesses in this team; long air specials, weak to zoning, a little reliant on being gimmicky and ppl not knowing how to block against tags, limited super synergy, but it's been working out for me and the team has really great normals. I see a decent amount of dante/jedah and ultron/jedah, which are probably better.

Ernest

Banned
So the deluxe version is 50% more than the regular version ($60 vs $90), but it seems like it hardly has 50% of the content of the vanilla version. What gives?

shaowebb

GGs again with T.O.P., he was helping me test my Ghost Rider / Nemesis team that I was labbing today. Fun stuff.

Game is fun y'all.

T.O.P.?? Sounds like a Garou fan. I approve of your buds. :)
EDIT: Huh...ya know thinking about it T.O.P. kinda reminds me of some of the aspects of GUTS in Arcana Heart. Wish it would've been denoted as apparently as T.O.P. You always knew when the buff would kick in on anyone out there and how long it'd last.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
T.O.P.?? Sounds like a Garou fan. I approve of your buds. :)

hes a gaffer on this very thread lol

there seems to be alot of gaffers with the PC version tbh, someone less lazy than me should compile a list

hes a gaffer on this very thread lol

there seems to be alot of gaffers with the PC version tbh, someone less lazy than me should compile a list

Traditionally someone makes a Google Spreadsheet for people to fill out with their information. I'm surprised we're on page 100 and it hasn't happened yet.

ZangBa

Man, DSP never ceases to be hilariously ironic. This never gets old.

In other news, I'm happy with my 7118 damage 1 bar combo. I think I'll try to find something useful with my command grabs now.

Astral

Now I can see how using two "point" characters might be tougher than using a point and a support. I'm having some trouble getting in with my Morrigan/Marvel team but it's a lot easier with my Dante/Morrigan team.

Hmm, thought I’d completed the game with every character but the trophy hasn’t popped.
I have colour 3 for everyone so assumed I’d done it. Any other way of checking who I’ve beaten arcade mode with?

Darrenf

Hmm, thought I’d completed the game with every character but the trophy hasn’t popped.
I have colour 3 for everyone so assumed I’d done it. Any other way of checking who I’ve beaten arcade mode with?
Check your Titles. You get a Title for bearing Arcade Mode with a character.

Wasn't knockin' loved it. Rarely see time mode activation stuff I need to start messing with it some more.

Yea I'm testing to see how it is at the moment, trying to see what I can do since not a lot of people are using it, besides for that infinity storm. Though I was planning on learning Thor to go with it while I'm going through the roster since you can super at the end of time dash and do something like his lvl1 super command grab. Haven't gotten around to training mode him yet though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So the deluxe version is 50% more than the regular version ($60 vs $90), but it seems like it hardly has 50% of the content of the vanilla version. What gives?

Deluxe = Base Game + Season Pass

Season Pass which is priced at 30 dollars would save you 30 dollars. Season Pass would fetch you 6 characters ( x 6 dollars = 36 dollars) and their costumes (6 costumes x 4 dollars = 24 dollars).

JayEH

Still can't get it for Morrigan's Mission 8 :( I'm hitting lp, lk, hp, upforward-upforward, lp then the lk slips. I was watching DPS do it so simple too.

Just so you know you can dash by hitting 2 punches. Makes things a lot easier in general.

Multiple time stop super cancels failed. The timing is like near the end of it but before you go vulnerable. If I mess up I just cross my self up lol.

Top Bottom