• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

brian!

space stone def gonna have to be used to steal another stone, no real benefit from it since u gotta beat everyone to win anyway

brian!

it's really important that you can't use space stone until right before the set you are switching with begins, gotta have that cashing in money in the bank feel

MoxManiac

I love the fact that Ghost Rider, Haggar, and Nemesis are making top 8. They were my favorite characters in UMvC3 despite two out of three were trash in that game.

kitzkozan

The game being brand new doesn't help the chaos factor because players are sloppy. Super and combos being missed everywhere which force players to tag all the time lol. It will be far less chaotic in 3 months as damage is optimized and execution is on point.

kirblar

The game being brand new doesn't help the chaos factor because players are sloppy. Super and combos being missed everywhere which force players to tag all the time lol. It will be far less chaotic in 3 months as damage is optimized and execution is on point.
Hitstun is very low in this game overall. It's designed to be messy and chaotic. Some of it will dissipate as setplay is figured out, but lots is intrinsic to the design.

brian!

nonstop tagging is basically this game

Mind Stone: pick your opponents initial starting team

Nah. That's too much. Swapping opponents is pretty small and keeps the tournament legitimate. A free win because you pick characters your opponent doesn't know is bogus.

More like:

Mind Stone: Your opponent must pick his/her team first.

So it lets you potentially counterpick. Small advantage, but tangible.

100% chance that Soul Stone gives you an extra match.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sacktap has locked in the Soul stone and qualified for Battle of the Stones!

You mean the Space Stone I believe.

At first I was confused but I remembered that EVO Champs can't get the stones at the start, but can obtain them later.

Mind stone - choose your opponents stone for the set.

Soul stone - re-do a single match in a set that you lost.

Power stone - lowest handicap set for opponent for one match?

Time stone - rewind time and re-do a single set.

Reality stone - for one match of a set, your opponent has to use an old school MAS stick on the floor for the match.

Nyoro SF

The game has a ton of creativity and interesting ideas.

But the power gap of characters is way too large. Ultron's toolkit alone is the equivalent of 2.5 characters.

Top Bottom