• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

BLESS YOU BRO.

AYEEEEE PURPLE SIGMA LETS GOOO!!!

Nightmare Zero/SmokePurp Sigma

I CANNOT WAIT.

Doing shoulder into tag bouta catch so many niggas lmao I CANT WAIT!!!

I got sword super, X super, laser super that covers the whole ground and the best level 3 in the game.

It took you a mean minute capcom but holy shit thank you!!!

Damn, I don't even have to look at Sigmaah's name or avatar to identify a post of his. Genuinely love the enthusiasm of this guy.

FSLink

Banned
The option of going back to 3v3 or the default 2v2 would be something to consider a year down the line.

Yeah, let's help revive a dying game by adding a 3v3 mode, when the one thing people most agree is great in the game is the gameplay....that'll bring in the newcomers.

The hell?

https://twitter.com/BuickJames/status/917836371586375680

Anyway, some tech
Buick James‏ @BuickJames
Tap down a second time after short hop input to replace the initial down input eaten by proximity guard #StillNeedsPatching #mvci

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sigma have purple colors as #2 alt color.

6lL49Rb.png

Marvel should relent on a lot of things (the Marvel themes, having absolute control over their side of the roster, etc.), but I wouldn't expect too much given how big the company is now. I understand Marvel having the final say on the Marvel side of the roster, but they should at least give Capcom more of a say than they currently have now (as they at least look at fan demand).
You'd think they'd have have more of say given that it appears Marvel just licensed them characters as opposed to putting money into the game them selves, as opposed to WB and Injustice. There's no way for me to know, but it sure seems unfair if they have just as much control without nowhere near the investment on their part.

Neoxon

You'd think they'd have have more of say given that it appears Marvel just licensed them characters as opposed to putting money into the game them selves, as opposed to WB and Injustice. There's no way for me to know, but it sure seems unfair if they have just as much control without nowhere near the investment on their part.
When you put it that way, yeah, Capcom should have more of a say on the Marvel side (even factoring in the then-current Fox ban).

Zissou

It's really annoying that if you're crouching, even if it'd been an hour since you started pressing down, you still get a super jump.

Jaeger

BLESS YOU BRO.

I CANNOT WAIT.

I got sword super, X super, laser super that covers the whole ground and the best level 3 in the game.

We came along way fam! We in here!

N1Uf9lH.png

Sigma have purple colors as #2 alt color.

Probably Vile, but depending on his other two colors, this might actually be a reference to Agile of the X-Hunters. Agile did have a beam sword as well, although his was red.

latest

If his other two colors are a blue one and an orange one, we got a set.

Jaeger

Probably Vile, but depending on his other two colors, this might actually be a reference to Agile of the X-Hunters. Agile did have a beam sword as well, although his was red.

latest

If his other two colors are a blue one and an orange one, we got a set.

It may be a reference to Agile. Which in fact makes sense, since all three were originally concepts for Sigma initially.

When you put it that way, yeah, Capcom should have more of a say on the Marvel side (even factoring in the then-current Fox ban).
Honestly, I think that's what would really bother me. If they actually did have as much freedom as they said, but still came to certain questionable decisions on their own in the attempt to court the casual Marvel movie-going fan. That would truly scare me.

Thank god the gameplay turned out good.

It may be a reference to Agile. Which in fact makes sense, since all three were originally concepts for Sigma initially.

I'm not saying it isn't an Agile reference, but Sigma has always had a lot of purple throughout the years, so it's not really surprising that it's his first alternate. Reminds me a lot of
hqdefault.jpg

Either way, Team X Hunters is definitely rocking the virus colors

Neoxon

Honestly, I think that's what would really bother me. If they actually did have as much freedom as they said, but still came to certain questionable decisions on their own in the attempt to court the casual Marvel movie-going fan. That would truly scare me.

Thank god the gameplay turned out good.
Nah, if Capcom had absolute free reign, we'd at least have Wolverine, Deadpool, & Doctor Doom.

patchday

this game had a shoestring budget to begin with. they aren't going to continue blowing money on it if it sells nothing through the holiday period. this game will be as dead as can be. again selling dlc to almost nobody isn't going to save this game.

Yeah I think they are going to bail. If only they believed in this game more. But instead they sabotaged it with all these bad faces

I'm still looking at Chun Li's victory pose after she wins and she tilts her head. Something is still off with this model guys and I'm not even picky bout graphics I still fire up my PS2. But something about this game just feels real off. Like the Artists got crunched with 12 hr days and just said
fuck
it

remove him from the game problem solved

You might be kidding bout removing Dante but MOBAs does this all the time. But they call it 'rework' where characters get reworked from the ground up. When a character is so fundamentally broken no nerf/buff can save it

League of Legends goes so far as to disable characters too. I recall not being able to play some of my guys for weeks because they had some glitch

The option of going back to 3v3 or the default 2v2 would be something to consider a year down the line.

I would love 3v3 for more options (Sigma/X/Zero anyone?) just for the creativity and possibilities. But the practical guy deep inside me knows I'd die in a bad way in competitive modes

wille9

If Capcom were to port MVC2, it wouldn't benefit MVCI. Unless they offered 4 bonus DLC characters for Infine if you bought Marvel 2. Marvel 2 would also need to be rebalanced so people would want to buy it again. My sentences seem too wordy!

Perineum

3 v 3 would be broken AF. It would be like creating MvCI 2 or MvC4 to pull it off.

Just think of how reality stone works now. Do a string, unsafe mix up didn't work, reality, tag, do new mix up string, reality, do it again, etc on and endless loop if you time it right.

The way tagging is now if you throw in 1 more character that alone would break the game.

2v2 for me is the reason this game is great. It's why I loved TvC so much too. Learning 3 characters sucks ass, and without true assists in this game there's no reason to add in another character.

patchday

It might even be detrimental to release MvC2 because people will see the huge rosters the old school games got and then get more bitter about current gen

* mvc2 had over 50 characters. Granted, copied from other games, etc etc you got me there but I'm fine with copy/paste for huge roster yes sir

------------------

You know what I am too hard on these devs over Chun Li. She's been my favorite since SF1 though. But thinking back Injustice 2 has at least this one really horrible victory pose for Blue Beattle where he takes off his mask. Looks really bad.

SaikyoBro

I'm letting Frank go after a month of rocking him with Dante. I was getting a lot of mileage out of some of his more gimmicky moves (overhead, level 3 command grab, and the level 4/5 Servbot air lunge are all insane) but I feel like even as he levels up he doesn't really have an answer for the kind of angles that Dormammu, Ultron, Gamora and some of the other popular characters come in from. I hate that his jump lp doesn't hit high, I hate that wavedashing with him puts me at risk of accidentally taking a drink, I hate that upon leveling up his wallbounces send the opponent careening out of follow-up range... I almost wonder if there was some intent to have him take Phoenix Wright's role as a joke character. Every match I win with that character usually feels like it was because of match-up inexperience instead of anything particularly smart that I did. This guy definitely needs some love whenever we get patches.

Played Jedah instead in ranked most of the day and I already feel a lot more comfortable with a handful of match-ups. Go top tier and never look back, boys.

Neoxon

BLESS YOU BRO.

I CANNOT WAIT.

Don’t thank me, thank Rizzy.

Top Bottom