• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Durden77

Got my 5 win streak. Doin pretty good with my rachet team of Ghost Rider and Thanos. I know a goodl deal about Ghost Rider since he's not that much different from UMvC3, but have a lot to learn with Thanos.

Netcode seems good, yeah reminds me a lot of SFV. When I got a weird connection it would to be like rolling back animations.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey for a one bar connection from Western Mexico to Portugal, it's amazing it didn't lag more. Real fun tho.

Now to nurse my aching wrist.

oh youre in Mexico? Mah bad I thought you were in the states. Since, you know, youre so full of hatred :3

Astral

I really need to start using that armor overhead move more, I barely use it :(

I think it's good that you don't use it too often. I get killed by it because I suck but I'm sure any competent player will punish you hard. The move is definitely a scrub killer.

FSLink

Banned
Got my 5 win streak. Doin pretty good with my rachet team of Ghost Rider and Thanos. I know a goodl deal about Ghost Rider since he's not that much different from UMvC3, but have a lot to learn with Thanos.

Netcode seems good, yeah reminds me a lot of SFV. When I got a weird connection it would to be like rolling back animations.

That's because it is using rollback netcode like SFV, and not delay based like most games. The teleporting is because it's trying to roll back to an earlier state.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it's good that you don't use it too often. I get killed by it because I suck but I'm sure any competent player will punish you hard. The move is definitely a scrub killer.

the shield fireball thing that moves slowly is really good. I cant land the counter punch heavy version tho :(

I also rarely use the command grab..hell, on Hulk either. Im such a fucking scrub. Oh well.

I need to practice a new team, I want to have at least a few, and that Hulk/Thanos team is pretty much settled.

Astral

the shield fireball thing that moves slowly is really good. I cant land the counter punch heavy version tho :(

I also rarely use the command grab..hell, on Hulk either. Im such a fucking scrub. Oh well.

I need to practice a new team, I want to have at least a few, and that Hulk/Thanos team is pretty much settled.

Oh yeah fuck that shield move too. God I hate Thanos.

Got to rank 12 then immediately lost. I hate the Thanos TP so much, it practically has an instant start up and I seem to miss most of my air-grab attempts on it to eat a full damage combo. Kinda wish grabs didn't scale as hard as they do given.

MoxManiac

What stone are you using? I was actually thinking about trying that team!

Nephtes

Ugh.
Just got home, expected achievements to be fixed on Xbox.
Nope. Still displaying 0/0.

Who's fault is this?
Microsoft?
Capcom?

Dahbomb

If Megaman Steve doesn't pick MMX I am calling shenanigans.

Already see that Flux has dropped MMX for Dante. Guess we know what kind of enthusiast he is.. :D (ie. tier enthusiast)

JayEH

Finally got my 5 win streak trophy and reached rank 14. Now I can rest from online for a bit.

Ugh.
Just got home, expected achievements to be fixed on Xbox.
Nope. Still displaying 0/0.

Who's fault is this?
Microsoft?
Capcom?

you can't unlock anything at all?

Anbec7

Having a lot of fun but man dropping combos like crazy the timing is different and now you have to be careful of what you throw.
Any budget sticks you guys recommend?

I think is time to jump I'm using the Hori Commander pad but sometimes my inputs are to slow...

So is the game actually good?

I played UMVC3 for years and loved it, but everything I had seen and read about Infinite made it sound like a complete dumpsterfire.

Also if I do end up buying it, what's the best assist to pair with Dante?

FSLink

Banned

I played UMVC3 for years and loved it, but everything I had seen and read about Infinite made it sound like a complete dumpsterfire.

Presentation is hit or miss. Lot better than pre-release trailers but still mediocre overall.

Gameplay is top notch, and the netcode is fantastic.

Samemind

Omg dud jumping is a whole new dimension of movement tech. Was it known that you could fast fall your double jumps as well? Essentially mid air hops

FSLink

Banned
Omg dud jumping is a whole new dimension of movement tech. Was it known that you could fast fall your double jumps as well? Essentially mid air hops

Yeah, it's been known. It's crazy.

Also I unlocked a few achievements on my Xbox One copy, so they're up.

EDIT: Speaking of which, any word on any differences in input lag/graphics/whatever between the XB1/PS4/PC versions?

Trickster

The game plays like a dream as far as I'm concerned. I've got no prior MvC experience though.

The main problem is the character models of human characters looks pretty bad

NotLiquid

There are no assists. Choose a second character you like/are good with and go to town with combos. Cover your characters weaknesses or extend a combo with a simple tag. You aren't held back anymore by your other characters being mere assists. Freestyle your movement.

patchday

whats wrong with this community? Eve3ry other fighting game the youtubers got the good sense to post their inputs and at least use the option to display the inputs ingame

Almost every Gamora combo vid I've seen on youtube these dudes dont know to include their inputs?

Is this an MvCI thing?

From ij2 -> GG XRd -> T7 -> etc everyone has common courtesy to include inputs.

Excited to see sp00ky today.

After a full day of messing around I feel I'm on the cusp of finally getting used to the controls. I've been practicing Captain Marvel and Dormammu, I mained Dorm in UMVC3 and breaking that muscle memory has been the biggest hurdle. I still catch myself triangle jumping. I can't decide on what stone to use. I've been using Power but don't know if it's the way to go yet.

got the deluxe edition on xbox and I'm LOVING the changes to Spiderman, he actually feels like a complete character now unlike in 3 and his level 3 is fucking hype.

Really bummed my copy didn't come with any costumes though :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What does Sp00ky do now? I'm out of the loop. Last time I heard he was doing stuff with Avermedia or something?

Heel

eB030OT.png

Linari

Neo Member
whats wrong with this community? Eve3ry other fighting game the youtubers got the good sense to post their inputs and at least use the option to display the inputs ingame

Almost every Gamora combo vid I've seen on youtube these dudes dont know to include their inputs?

Is this an MvCI thing?

From ij2 -> GG XRd -> T7 -> etc everyone has common courtesy to include inputs.

Welcome to the capcom fighting game community!

This is one my pet peeves, but you can try to ask the OP of the video to post the notation.

Negaduck

It's just the way the angle looks since his torso is slightly bent forward and he has no shirt. I think nemesis has something similar with their open shirts.

Gamora Misson 8

Is there a trick to get Arch Shot to hit after the air combo? It either doesn't registers or completely whiffs

I had a slight delay between the hp and HK. The biggest trick for me was the second I landed from the gunshots, 2p to dash and get closer so s.lk and the rest of the combo connects. The mini dash at the end for the otg helped me a ton.

Top Bottom