• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

marvelous entertainment airing out grievances over wii game sales

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AceBandage said:
In that case, all I have to say is:

9rorjm.png

please don't post that stupid fucking picture, no matter what the context

xQNdCwh.png

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jj984jj said:
MMV announced they'll be porting one of their Wii titles to PS3/360. Wondering which game is going to be ported is "console warring" now?

really?

The posts directly above mine seemed to be moving in that direction.

Cosmonaut X said:
Right, isn't he.

I wouldn't know.
I own a PS3 and haven't bought a single one of those games (will probably get ToV, though).
I just find it funny when people keep saying that they'd only buy games like Demon Blade and NMH on the PS3/360.

Cheerilee

AceBandage said:
I wouldn't know.
I own a PS3 and haven't bought a single one of those games (will probably get ToV, though).
I just find it funny when people keep saying that they'd only buy games like Demon Blade and NMH on the PS3/360.
Beautiful game gets easily moved to a platform better able to convey it's beauty... and you find the people excited by that prospect to be "funny"?

I mentioned Nintendo "dragging their feet" on HD. If Nintendo were to release an HD Wii tomorrow, and Marvelous were to release a special director's cut edition of Muramasa with high res assets, I would be just as excited (despite not even owning an HD Wii).

Nintendo is not releasing an HD Wii. That results in a game (potentially) moving from my Wii wanted pile to my 360 wanted pile. Nintendo's problem, not mine.

AceBandage said:
In that case, all I have to say is:

Good thing for me I don't care for many games on the Wii. Mine has been collecting dust for about 2 years now. There isn't one game on the Wii that I would want to come on the 360/PS3.

Rottweiler said:
Good thing for me I don't care for many games on the Wii. Mine has been collecting dust for about 2 years now. There isn't one game on the Wii that I would want to come on the 360/PS3.

That's nice.
So what was the point in jumping into a conversation about the Wii then?

ruby_onix said:
Beautiful game gets easily moved to a platform better able to convey it's beauty... and you find the people excited by that prospect to be "funny"?

I mentioned Nintendo "dragging their feet" on HD. If Nintendo were to release an HD Wii tomorrow, and Marvelous were to release a special director's cut edition of Muramasa with high res assets, I would be just as excited (despite not even owning an HD Wii).

Nintendo is not releasing an HD Wii. That results in a game (potentially) moving from my Wii wanted pile to my 360 wanted pile. Nintendo's problem, not mine.
Side scrolling games on 360 = fail. I wouldn't want to suffer through Muramasa with the mangled 360 dpad just for marginally prettier graphics.

ruby_onix said:

I'm (obviously) one of the biggest Oboro Muramasa fanboys on this board and I support this 100%. The more people who get to experience the game the better. All the same I'm not convinced this is the game they're porting though. In HD it would be way too big for XBLA (PSN doesn't have a limit, does it?) and it's as Japanese as a game can get which doesn't make a lot of sense for the more westernized HD consoles.That and MMV didn't seem to believe in the game enough to publish it themselves outside of Japan :(

I wanna say Muramasa but that'll just make too much sense.

d[-_-]b said:
Don't most of those games have superior PC versions? I'd rather opt out for that.

I smell another one of those editions of that poster you just clicked on.

dygiT said:
What the fuck has this thread turned into?

ninjaturtle.jpg

donny2112

Stumpokapow said:
http://i.imgur.com/pvagHZu.png[img][/QUOTE]

Interestingly (to me at least), the only games off of that list that I'd be interested in are Dead Space and RE5, and it has almost nothing to do with the actual games themselves. I just want another RE4:Wii type game with similar controls. Whether that's RE4:Gaiden, a port of RE5, or a port of Dead Space, I'm not too particular. I'd expect any of them to be of good quality for the base game and then add the controls on top of it. :)

ruby_onix said:
It was a Wii system seller in my book (although I already have one), and if it comes out for 360, I won't even consider the Wii version.

I would never consider playing a good 2D game on the 360 after having to use the horrible piece of shit MS calls a D-pad while trying to play SFIIHD. I'll trade HD graphics on a 2D game for a d-pad that actually works.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Nice to see rampant speculation undermining potential Muramasa sales. Exactly the hurdle that game needed.

Linkhero1 said:
Might have to hold off buying Muramasa just in case it does get announced for 360/PS3.

:(

Fredescu

AceBandage said:
I wouldn't know.
There's no need for the wilful ignorance. You post enough on GAF to know that people have lamented the fact that all of those games weren't on the Wii, whether you personally want those games or not. The image you posted is stupid because it works both ways, and you know it.

It's even stupider when people complain about games they're looking forward to losing their exclusivity. It couldn't be any more transparent that these people care more about companies more than they care about games. People with these attitudes should be considered deluded at best, paid shills at worst.

Metal Gear?! said:
Why are they talking about "HD" consoles when each of those games has/will have a superior PC version?
Anyone crying out for Wii versions of those games musn't have a gaming PC to begin with. The "HD consoles" are the easiest way (or only way for Tales and FFXIII) to get into these games, regardless of whether you can get certain versions at higher res with better framerate and mod support.

Hunahan

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
please don't post that stupid fucking picture, no matter what the context
I always thought the annoying portion of that image was this:

alternativechart.jpg

rather than the fact that the same could be retooled to poke fun at any sort of fanboy.....maybe that's just me.

ccbfan

I think the saddest part about the Marvelous situation was that GAF was so sure the success of this company was gonna show other third parties (Especially Japanese companies) what they were missing out with the Wii.

Instead Marvelous fails on the Wii and freakin a shitty company like Activision(minus blizzard of course) succeeds on it. So now instead we Wii owners get more of the shitty Activision like shovelware instead of great games like from Marvelous.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ccbfan said:
I think the saddest part about the Marvelous situation was that GAF was so sure the success of this company was gonna show other third parties (Especially Japanese companies) what they were missing out with the Wii.

Instead Marvelous fails on the Wii and freakin a shitty company like Activision(minus blizzard of course) succeeds on it. So now instead we Wii owners get more of the shitty Activision like shovelware instead of great games like from Marvelous.

I think that's a very limited and skewed point of view to have, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Linkhero1

Andrex said:
That's a might. If they announce ps3/360 version before the Wii version is out, I'll have to save my money and wait for those version to come out. If they don't I'll just get the Wii version and have fun :D

justchris

Fredescu said:
There's no need for the wilful ignorance. You post enough on GAF to know that people have lamented the fact that all of those games weren't on the Wii, whether you personally want those games or not. The image you posted is stupid because it works both ways, and you know it.

It's even stupider when people complain about games they're looking forward to losing their exclusivity. It couldn't be any more transparent that these people care more about companies more than they care about games. People with these attitudes should be considered deluded at best, paid shills at worst.

There is a significant difference between the two images. The first exists to refute the idea that there are no games on Wii. No one ever says, "There are no games for those HD consoles." People whining about Wii games going to HD are delusional. People whining about HD games going to Wii are just whiny.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
ccbfan said:

Really? GAF was sure of it? I must not be a GAF member, then. As far as I know, Marvelous was never known for putting out best sellers, but for their mildly successful (and I guess profitable) titles among a sea of niche titles... Which is precisely what they've done on the Wii. Most of them aren't even designed around the Wiimote, such as Muramasa and, most notably, Little King's Story (which is a very good game, by the way). To expect their current output to sell really well or even be guaranteed to be profitable is like saying No More Heroes was a failure because it didn't sell 1 million units and bombed in Japan.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Suda51 quote from the latest EDGE:

"I think this is the last NMH that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand NMG to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platofmr, but we've done everything we can with it now."

Could NMH be the game Marvelous are talking about?

SilverLunar said:
LEAVE. MARVELOUS. ALOOOOONE

chris-crocker.jpg

You know, having seen the original and then the millions of copycats and spoofs, I've always wondered:

What exactly is the reason for having the sheet over your head in these things?

Sage00 said:
Suda51 quote from the latest EDGE:

"I think this is the last NMH that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand NMG to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platofmr, but we've done everything we can with it now."

Could NMH be the game Marvelous are talking about?

Sounds more like Suda isn't planning on doing anything with NMH after DS comes out.

Skorp

Neo Member
I got NMH and will be getting Little Kings Story. I might pre order it after seeing this thread. Might pick up Frontier down the line too. But this is very sad seeing the review scores LKS is getting. I really hope it sells better. It needs some hype seeing as its in the metacritic wii top 10.

EDIT: Pre ordered check.

AceBandage said:
That's nice.
So what was the point in jumping into a conversation about the Wii then?

Because the topic is about the PS3 and 360 also and you were crying about someone wanting a wii game on the 360/PS3?

Jokeropia

Rottweiler said:
That has got nothing to do with the discussion. We weren't discussing your opinion but the opinion of the guy who wanted NMH on a different console.

Fredescu

justchris said:
People whining about Wii games going to HD are delusional. People whining about HD games going to Wii are just whiny.
This thread was bumped because of a Marvelous game being ported to the HD consoles. Obviously they're not deluded in at least one case. Why aren't the people who want Bioshock or something on Wii deluded too?

If there's any doubt about the comments because they come from a blog, no need to have them since MMV themselves said that they are considering porting Wii titles to PS3/360. Saw it in siliconera:
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/02/marvelous-considering-wii-to-playstation-3xbox-360-ports/

jj44sj.png

http://www.mmv.co.jp/company/index.html
(the only 1st June link leads to the address below)
http://www.magicalir.net/7844/streaming/090624/index.html
(on the contents tab, click the 27)
http://ir.moovii.jp/cast/download/2/85/2_85.pdf?252772-2401
(or you can download the pdf and see it on page 27)

Amir0x

Banned
I'd rather they not port their games to PS360. In the first place, their games generally don't look too hot and upscaling it or whatever will make the flaws worse. And in the second place, their game catalog itself isn't too hot - out of the list of potential Wii games they could port, I'd be interested only in Little King's Story and Muramasa. But they'll be out first for Wii, so why wait?

Top Bottom