• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Since this show is definitely delving into culture...

I'm gonna have to be more controversial this time. I'd rather read reviews from black and brown critics or people in the know. There's a lot of meat and potatoes that I'm hearing is a part of this series unlike the others, and I feel like I'm going to have to be more choosy about who I listen to.

black dude from the Verge

"Luke is an invincible man… in Trayvon Martin's hoodie."

#Powerful

TheOddOne

black dude from the Verge

"Luke is an invincible man… in Trayvon Martin's hoodie."

#Powerful
I was just going to post this.
But Alfre Woodard and Mahershala Ali make the show unmissable, and it all comes down to how they envision black power. Mariah Dillard is full of ideals about her city and black people’s place in it. "My Harlem," she says, "is saturated with jazz and good food and the pure genius that permeates the streets." She is respectability politics personified. She’s also compromised, thanks to her dealings with Cottonmouth’s business. Cottonmouth, on the other hand, is charismatic and dangerous. He’s the perfect foil for Luke Cage, yet another dark mirror image that villains like the Kingpin and Loki provide for their opposite numbers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But even he is driven by honor and a desire to see black people empowered, no matter the means or the cost.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Tweet goes out, says actor couldn't show to a premier or award ceremony or something like that 'cause he was filming something as The Punisher... Except, as far as people knew, he was not where they're filming any of the Netflix shows and the schedules didn't add up, and he was near where they film Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Something like that. Might be wrong in the details, but that's the rumour, basically.

So it'll be the 30th in one hour where I live. Should I stay awake to watch the pilot or is there a specific time for when the show will be available to everyone around the world?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Tweet goes out, says actor couldn't show to a premier or award ceremony or something like that 'cause he was filming something as The Punisher... Except, as far as people knew, he was not where they're filming any of the Netflix shows and the schedules didn't add up, and he was near where they film Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Something like that. Might be wrong in the details, but that's the rumour, basically.

Are you talking about his NYCC appearance? He can't make it to one (two?) of the days he was set to appear because of a "Netflix production schedule" so people started speculating about everything and anything.

Pure speculation but it came from this via comicbook.com and IGN, after Joe Bernthal was said to be filming something Marvel-related in an NYCC schedule statement.

Marvel Television had a big premiere event for Agents of SHIELD Season 4, in which they screened the Agents of SHIELD Season 4 premiere episode, “The Ghost.” Several comic book creators were in attendance at the event, including Gerry Conway, creator of the Punisher. According to IGN, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Television, at one point introduced Conway and other guests and teased, "You will understand why I brought all of these people here later in the season, and why it makes sense."

guek

Banned
I was just going to post this.

Oh God

Pure speculation but it came from this via comicbook.com and IGN, after Joe Bernthal was said to be filming something Marvel-related in an NYCC schedule statement.

Oh God YES

I want it all over my face

LDHLQgI.gif

Kalentan

Guys- Guys- GUYS.

It's almost here! I know it's still like 8 hours but still! :D

I've probably watched the first trailer and the street trailer like 10 times each now.

Dai101

Banned

t2gvyvm.gif

Cracklox

I have the day off and its been the 30th for like 14 hours now, and still no Luke Cage. Hurry up and catch up America!
I know, two and half more hours

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will try to catch at least the first episode when I get home from work, cant wait.

We're getting a full length Luke Cage show that is faithful to the character. I still can't believe it.

I like Daredevil, and I like Alias, but this is the first time that Marvel's TV has dug deep enough into the universe to make me hopeful for their future adaptations.

torontoml

This is the exact reason why I'm not messing around with this until I'm off work tomorrow night.

Im kinda dissapointed, I was scheduled to go back on my 12 hour shifts Sunday, but decided to be the nice guy and cover for Saturday. So now I have to prep for 9 days of work a day early, which I was supposed to spent watching Cage.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I still would rather have Terry Crews or Henri Simmons as Luke Cage, because I can't stand Mike Colter...but I'll give this show a fair chance! Will buy a frozen pizza later and binge the shit out of it.

Netflix, prepare thy server.

Top Bottom