• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

The Kree

Banned
We're getting a full length Luke Cage show that is faithful to the character. I still can't believe it.

I like Daredevil, and I like Alias, but this is the first time that Marvel's TV has dug deep enough into the universe to make me hopeful for their future adaptations.

I think Jessica Jones was a deep dig.

Since this show is definitely delving into culture...

I'm gonna have to be more controversial this time. I'd rather read reviews from black and brown critics or people in the know. There's a lot of meat and potatoes that I'm hearing is a part of this series unlike the others, and I feel like I'm going to have to be more choosy about who I listen to.
AV Club
www.avclub.com/review/black-skin-matters-electrifying-marvels-luke-cage-243336
Luke Cage is the result of a meticulous vision, and it should rightfully elevate Coker into the league of television auteurs. Coker, a former hip-hop journalist turned Southland scribe, is following in the tradition of David Simon, who demonstrated with The Wire how a journalist’s eye for detail and quest for authenticity can serve a scripted story just as well. As a result, Luke Cage is the type of show you can strongly admire even if you don’t like it—if only because it’s a wonderfully, powerfully, unapologetically black show, a label it now shares with Queen Sugar and Atlanta. Blackness, when rendered with respect and admiration, packs one hell of a punch.

Mahershala Ali and Alfre Woodard are wonderful in that streets trailer. Hope Mike Colter grows compared to JJ but at least Marvel's Netflix shows do right by the antagonists. Also hoping Frankie Faison has a sizable role. He's always a treat to see.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Matt Murdoch doesnt show up to represent Luke at one point im throwing a hissy fit.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yesssssssss

6z3zc.gif

I've got a 5am shuttle to SFO for Twitch Con.

But my brain is all:

"But sir, you can at least watch the pilot episode of Lucas Cage."

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I don't know anything about Luke Cage (except what I have seen in Jessica Jones), and I can't wait. I'll try to get two weekends out of it.

How many episodes are there?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know anything about Luke Cage (except what I have seen in Jessica Jones), and I can't wait. I'll try to get two weekends out of it.

How many episodes are there?

AMUSIX

Just want to say....Luke fucking Cage....a goddamn Luke Cage show...

I know people clamor for other heroes, and I know Luke was the b-lister in the New Avengers run, but holy fuck, he's like the guy who always shows up early, always stays late, and puts in the work...

and now we have a Luke Cage show...

...plus, he's why we have an actor called Nick Cage...so that's just awesome

Just want to say....Luke fucking Cage....a goddamn Luke Cage show...

I know people clamor for other heroes, and I know Luke was the b-lister in the New Avengers run, but holy fuck, he's like the guy who always shows up early, always stays late, and puts in the work...

and now we have a Luke Cage show...

...plus, he's why we have an actor called Nick Cage...so that's just awesome

Nick Cage rolls deep with the comic books.

Top Bottom