• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Marvel's Runaways" finds its cast and officially ordered to series on Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

RUNAWAYS_post_master.jpg

Rhenzy Feliz (”Teen Wolf," ”Casual") as Alex Wilder

Lyrica Okano (”The Affair," ”Unforgettable") as Alex Wilder

Virginia Gardner (”Goat," ”Little Bitches") as Karolina Dean

Ariela Barer (”New Girl," ”One Day at a Time") as Gert Yorkes

Gregg Sulkin (”Faking It," ”Don't Hang Up," ”Anti Social") as Chase Stein

Allegra Acosta (”100 Things to do Before High School," ”Just Add Magic") as Molly Hernandez

https://news.marvel.com/tv/59021/marvels-runaways-finds-cast/

I can dig it
I really gotta get back into this series. Someone give me the rundown on how to do it best,at the time I just had random volumes.

Ridley327

Looks like a pretty solid cast from the comparison. Is this expected to be a straight adaptation of the first volume, or are they going to be taking some liberties?

Over/under on one reference to Kamar-Taj, explicitly? Not just "I was in Tibet for a while?

Also, will the same Tina Minoru appear in this?

Slayven

Molly seems too old but otherwise looks good
My first thought, her schtick is being a 10 year that can bench press a state.

How can i say this and not be an ass, Gert looks a little too CW for how i picture her

Chase looks a little too broish, I am afraid they will play to that part of his character

VAD

Gert is not supposed to be hot. I had no idea it was going to be made, I don't see how they can fuck this up with such good source material.

Ridley327

It's weird that it's gonna go on Hulu, though, they could have put it on Disney XD

Considering where it winds up by the end of the first arc, I imagine that it was too hot for that network. The book is usually right between PG and PG-13 for content.

Monocle

I don't know them apart from the Teen Wolf guy, but they sure are pretty.

Also Lyrica Okano is a dope name.

Cth

I always thought Pixar should have taken a stab at the book and thought it'd fit better as an animated film, but then Big Hero 6 was made.

Surprised to hear it's moving forward, looking forward to checking it out.

RE: Gert, relax.. actor headshots are generally better looking.. add some glasses, etc and it'll be fine.

Gert is not supposed to be hot. .

So I'm looking at a page right now where Chase says to Gert "
you're the hottest chick...I've ever seen
" so I'm not sure I'm with you on this.

It's awesome to see that Vaughan is involved in the show.

Anyway I love Runaways and in honor of this I'm going to reread it. Well, at least until Whedon takes over.

Sesha

Don't care for Molly being aged up. Casting seems decent otherwise, but I don't know who any of these kids are, so I can't really comment on it. Alex' and Nico's actors have some names, though. Rhenzy and Lyrica. Americans are weird.

Gert is not supposed to be hot.

Make-up.

Yeah, Molly being a little older is the only weird thing but that stuff is kind of tough when you're talking about casting a kid on the edge of puberty for a show you want to run multiple seasons. Better to cast on the other side of it where you can tell they can still keep playing that younger age. Otherwise, the cast looks good other than Chase looking a little too jock.

Kalentan

So iirc in the original comics they were all the children of super villains right? Wonder how they're going to explain why we haven't heard about them thus far. Cause this is in the MCU right?

jph139

Racebending and aging up Molly a bit, interesting choices. But she was always written younger than she actually was so it's not that far off.

Just, christ, please, let this be good. I've been waiting way too long for it to suck.

Kevinroc

So iirc in the original comics they were all the children of super villains right? Wonder how they're going to explain why we haven't heard about them thus far. Cause this is in the MCU right?

We'd never really heard of their parents before in the comics. They were a group of supervillains who operated completely under the radar until their kids discovered who they were and ran away.

Slayven

Well in the comics the Parents ruled the west coast and completely under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom