• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the online is its own separate mode and they dont try make the entire single player co-op... a 4 player horde mode would be ideal.

Dennis

Banned
What is an 'online pass'?

I swear, all I hear about this game has been bad news.

There is nothing to indicate they understand what made the franchise interesting in the first place. Hint: its not 'grimdark shooter'

Zeliard

DennisK4 said:
What is an 'online pass'?

I swear, all I hear about this game has been bad news.

There is nothing to indicate they understand what made the franchise interesting in the first place. Hint: its not 'grimdark shooter'

EA Online Pass "allows" you multiplayer access for $10 if you buy the game used.

Another of this gen's great innovations.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Multiplayer would be nice, some sort of co-op play would sell me. One feature I would love is the ability to watch all the cut scenes similar to how Alan Wake did it -- loved ME2's.

Imagine a Facebook-esque timeline feature? Your journey from ME1 to ME3.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Einbroch said:
I'm not sure which Mass Effect fans are excited for multiplayer, but I'm pretty sure it's not a "lot of us".

Are you kidding? If you mean Gaffers, yeah, d'uh. But a lot of people want it. People like Co-op.

Ether_Snake said:
Are you kidding? If you mean Gaffers, yeah, d'uh. But a lot of people want it. People like Co-op.
I never asked for this ):

ME3 is shaping up to be the best of the 3...but...now I'm not so sure.

Mass Effect 2 hand an online pass. They called it the cerberus network whatsit or something.

Edit: Oh an online MP pass. Well the ceberus network was the equivalent of that. So was the DLC stuff that was for DA2.

Derrick01

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I have little to no faith in ME3 being a good game. I blame EA for ruining BioWare. :(

As much as I'd like to blame EA the beginnings of modern Bioware was happening years ago. EA does encourage them though.

Derrick01 said:
As much as I'd like to blame EA the beginnings of modern Bioware was happening years ago. EA does encourage them though.

yeah like somebody else said bioware was ruining bioware. It all started with Jade Empire, which funnily enough is probably a more complex rpg than they're capable of making these days (well, Dragon Age was an anomaly but they corrected that with 2's dumbass decisions)

Loxley

Kyoufu said:
I have little to no faith in ME3 being a good game. I blame EA for ruining BioWare. :(

Why? EA's other big-name studios haven't been "ruined" (namely DICE, Criterion, and PopCap). So until all of those guys start releasing mediocre products, I feel completely comfortable pointing the finger at Bioware here.

Besides, Bioware seems intent on letting everyone know that they genuinely didn't expect DA2 to get the backlash it got from fans of DAO, which, if true, gives me even more reason to blame them for thinking that was an awesome idea.

Loxley said:
Why? EA's other big-name studios haven't been "ruined" (namely DICE, Criterion, and PopCap). So until all of those guys start releasing mediocre products, I feel completely comfortable pointing the finger at Bioware here.

Besides, Bioware seems intent on letting everyone know that they genuinely didn't expect DA2 to get the backlash it got from fans of DAO, which, if true, gives me even more reason to blame them for thinking that was an awesome idea.

I agree, BioWare has been dropping the ball on their own titles for quite a long time now. Just look at the Dragon Age II fiasco.

EA has been giving a lot of their developers a fairly large amount of freedom and they've been releasing well received games across the board: Dead Space 2, and FIFA 2012 being the most recent examples.

Battlefield 3 of course, and even Shift 2 got very positive reviews. Normally I'd immediately throw the blame on the publisher (e.g. Activision, THQ, and Ubisoft) but in this case it really looks like something is falling through the cracks at BioWare.

rozay

Banned
I just realized something. Wasn't this the same magazine that advertised multiplayer before without actually giving concrete information?
me3xboxworld360cover.jpg

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The Doctors want to make games that compete with COD in terms of sales. And they try to do it in the genre that won't be able to pull of such numbers until it's a joke of the game. SWTOR is their last chance to get to those numbers. In a few years numbers won't be important anyway, microtransactions will.

CrazyDude

rozay said:
I just realized something. Wasn't this the same magazine that advertised multiplayer before without actually giving concrete information?
me3xboxworld360cover.jpg
Your're right, they just talked about how there might be multiplayer.

rozay said:
me3xboxworld360cover.jpg
I can't believe this type of cover is still being used, every issue looks the same (Normally with a handful of franchises being placed in different order.)

GSR

rozay said:

(This post previously contained stupidity caused by a failure of basic reading comprehension.)

You might be right, actually. And CVG apparently owns XBW, so that would explain why they're the only ones reporting on it.

CVG seems really into the ME3 rumor train. They had multiple articles on the original teaser trailer way back at the end of last year.

Solo

DennisK4 said:

Indeed. Something went horribly wrong over at Bioware after 2007.

Solo

I demand a recount. Somebody must have disqualified Red Dead Redemption from the competition for being too fucking awesome.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CrazyDude said:
I have to disagree, Mass Effect 2 was a great game.

It was a flawed game(much like ME1, but for other reasons), but i enjoyed playing it a lot. Screw what GAF thinks. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Kifimbo said:
Mass Effect 2 was the Game of the Year on GAF in 2010.

Hey we can't be perfect all of the time. Plus it was a really weak year. I think the only other games that had a shot at beating it were Red Dead and Mario and if I was around then I wouldn't have voted for any of them, or maybe Red Dead just to have a shot at knocking ME2 out.

Solo

GAF has done a fucking terrible job of picking GOTY some years. Metal Gear Solid 4? Are you fucking kidding me? ME2? lulz.

Emitan

Solo said:
GAF has done a fucking terrible job of picking GOTY some years. Metal Gear Solid 4? Are you fucking kidding me? ME2? lulz.
You know our GOTY will be when a bronies game comes out.

codecow

Mikey Jr. said:
Why are people so against multiplayer?

Lots of games that were single player focused integrated multiplayer and it worked out great.

Uncharted
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid (kinda sucks? People loved it)

Probably some more in there.

Dead Space 2!
;)

watershed

Banned
Has bioware improved the combat? I watched the latest team firefight trailer and the combat looked about the same as always. Having played ME1 and 2 I don't really want to play a multiplayer version of the combat.

Derrick01

Banned
paranoidfortean said:
"features" are ruining games. fuck FEATURES.

Are you talking about multiplayer? RPG fans do not generally embrace multiplayer in their games. Especially with a franchise that's burned us like this, their refusal to make it a more complex RPG in favor of adding even more features for bro gamers is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom