• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Bisnic said:
I love both ME games, so call me crazy if ME3 is more of ME2 with a better story and better character customization for combat.

Sure, i wish ME3 would have planet exploration like in ME1, but better of course, but i guess i gotta deal with it.

What about the soundtrack though? Is it more like ME1, or more like "epic hollywood movie soundtrack" like ME2? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. =/ I just feel like playing ME1 again just to listen to its beautiful soundtrack again.
It's being made by Clint Mansell.

Multiplayer is probably going to be made by Bioware Montreal, so I doubt it will effect the single player.

GSR

Bisnic said:
What about the soundtrack though? Is it more like ME1, or more like "epic hollywood movie soundtrack" like ME2? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. =/ I just feel like playing ME1 again just to listen to its beautiful soundtrack again.

They've got Clint Mansell on it rather than Jack Wall, but I have a suspicion they'll be gunning for Lux Aeterna Mass Effect edition rather than his more atmospheric stuff.

kadotsu

Banned
So who actually thinks ME3 will make good on the franchise's promises like "Your decisions will matter" etc? I personally think it'll do the Fallout 3 "200 endings" fakeout. I at least hope there'll be some kind of closure.

On a slight off topic note. I just replayed Ratchet & Clank: ACIT. That game has combat similar to ME3 (Pausing in mid battle). But it sports better crowd control mechanics, more variety in engagement methods and more interesting boss designs. Lacks a cover system though. It also has planetary exploration (every planetoid is unique btw), ship enhancements that actually do something gameplay wise and leveling up while you play the game. Yes you don't have to wait until your mission ends to get your level up. It's like everything I wanted from ME2 but instead I got Quarian sex and "I AM OMEGA".

Carbonox

This game. I wants it.

And :lol at that mag cover. Fucking awful with that horrendous female Shepard. Still can't believe this is the default female model.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Typographenia said:
Hard to be angry when you're getting a fabric patch.

You can use it for a flag, sew it onto your favorite jacket, or even wear it as a bandana. You'll need to keep the sweat out of your eyes when you're pwning geth and reapers in your all-night multiplayer horde matches.

Personally, I'm gonna paint my car up like the Normandy, tie it to my antenna, and cruise town.
n7_car_normandyvkyw.jpg

RBK

Banned
How could you guys like the exploration in ME1? It was some of the worst sidequest missions I have ever played in a RPG in recent memory.

CrazyDude

kadotsu said:
So who actually thinks ME3 will make good on the franchise's promises like "Your decisions will matter" etc. I personally think it'll do the Fallout 3 "200 endings" fakeout. I at least hope there'll be some kind of closure.

On a slight off topic note. I just replayed Ratchet & Clank: ACIT. That game has combat similar to ME3 (Pausing in mid battle). But it sports better crowd control mechanics, more variety in engagement methods and more interesting boss designs. Lacks a cover system though. It also has planetary exploration (every planetoid is unique btw), ship enhancements that actually do something gameplay wise and leveling up while you play the game. Yes you don't have to wait until your mission ends to get your level up. It's like everything I wanted from ME2 but instead I got Quarian sex and "I AM OMEGA".
They got rid of the mission complete screen.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
This game. I wants it.

And :lol at that mag cover. Fucking awful with that horrendous female Shepard. Still can't believe this is the default female model.

What would the backlash be if they changed the default male model?

Thoraxes

Ugh, not online multiplayer. I really want it to fail so they don't do it again, but chances are they'll probably shoehorn it into DA too at this point.

It'll probably be Origin exclusive too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ChiefEdiri said:
How could you guys like the exploration in ME1? It was some of the worst sidequest missions I have ever played in a RPG in recent memory.

Don't get me wrong, i hated how there was only 2 or 3 different kind of buildings/caverns, how sidequests were all the same, how there was nothing but mountains, rarely any monsters, how the Mako controlled... but there was just that little something that combined with the great skyboxes + great soundtrack and that feeling of being lonely in the universe that was just special, and i still loved it even with all the crap i mentioned.

Online pass? Is this like what Activision is doing with Call of Duty: MW3?

It is strange . . . PC gaming is moving to Free to Play with Facebook gaming and TF2. Console gaming is moving to 'pay for the game and pay us more for special online stuff'. I don't think they can both move in opposite directions like that for long. PC gaming popularity may improve.

Reuenthal

Banned
I don't really care much for ME1 style planet exploration. I want a story in ME3 that is at least as good as ME1 story. Also some main missions that are as good as ME1 since the collector stuff in ME2 wasn't that much to my liking (not that I disliked them but so so), although the rest of the game certainly was. In terms of exploration, I was considerably more satisfied by ME2 actually and its plentiful different worlds I got to visit than ME1 fewer 'main/somewhat important' worlds and more abundant relatively empty, repetitive planets.

As I do expect better story, better antagonists than the collectors, better main missions and so on, while I also expect retaining some of the positives of ME2 over ME1 I am actually confident that this will be the best ME game yet.

Derrick01

Banned
speculawyer said:
Online pass? Is this like what Activision is doing with Call of Duty: MW3?

It is strange . . . PC gaming is moving to Free to Play with Facebook gaming and TF2. Console gaming is moving to 'pay for the game and pay us more for special online stuff'. I don't think they can both move in opposite directions like that for long. PC gaming popularity may improve.

I thought online pass was the code that comes with new copies to let you use MP for "free" and if you buy used you have to pay $10 to play MP. It's like EA's dlc thing but with MP instead.

Wallach

Derrick01 said:
I thought online pass was the code that comes with new copies to let you use MP for "free" and if you buy used you have to pay $10 to play MP. It's like EA's dlc thing but with MP instead.

It is, yeah. It's the same idea as Cerberus Network, except for multiplayer access rather than DLC access.

MaddenNFL64

I don't know what 3 will be like, but I just want a great fucking experience. Mass Effect is one of my fave game series this generation, I want 3 to fucking shine brightest.

Let's go Edmonton, knock it out of the park.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Reuenthal

Banned
Yeah the possible multiplayer addition is something I am not interested at all. The effort given to that would probably be better served if it was given somewhere else to enhance in some way the single player experience.

Bisnic said:
Don't get me wrong, i hated how there was only 2 or 3 different kind of buildings/caverns, how sidequests were all the same, how there was nothing but mountains, rarely any monsters, how the Mako controlled... but there was just that little something that combined with the great skyboxes + great soundtrack and that feeling of being lonely in the universe that was just special, and i still loved it even with all the crap i mentioned.

I feel like the bringing down the sky DLC was a good move in the right direction for planet exploration. I would have been happy in ME2 if they cut down on the explorable planets, but made the ones you could go on more like BDTS. However I liked ME2 I just felt it was lacking the wonder that ME1 had.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Bisnic said:
I completely agree with you.

Emitan

Gravijah said:
i love online passes
They're almost as great as requiring an internet connection for an offline game. I'm happy that publishers can enforce playing games the way they were meant to be played.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nirolak said:
http://www.abload.de/img/n7_car_normandyvkyw.jpg

There's not enough faces for me to put my palm on in the world towards this picture and the EVEN FURTHER DUMBED DOWN GUI/MECHANICS.

Christ. What a disappointment, and Female Shepard looks bad in comparison to Male.

I feel like the bringing down the sky DLC was a good move in the right direction for planet exploration. I would have been happy in ME2 if they cut down on the explorable planets, but made the ones you could go on more like BDTS.

BDTS was only "great" because it was the only fucking planet with SHIT TO DO/story elements. Sure, you had the moon and PEW PEW PEW hallways on other planets, but they were so lifeless/DEAD.

Frankly, cutting those planets out was an improvement in ME2 since knowing Bioware they'd just pull ME1 and non-BDTS planets.

Gravijah

jim-jam bongs said:
Also is it just me or does the official femshep look like the chick from Paramore:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1093026/images/general/paramore-chick-shepard-wrex-shepard-wrex-shepard-wrex.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

no, femshep is rocking a badass mullet not whatever that hairdo is

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I wouldn't mind MP to be honest. As long as the core game is still awesome, they can do whatever the hell they want. Of course, if it's tacked on, it's another story.

But imagine a horde mode for Mass Effect? Or going through a set of side-missions or campaign with a buddy and both actions having repercussions? Would be awesome, no?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
A game can't be "RPG of the year" two years in a row.

At least, i never seen this yet.

Goldmund

CrazyDude said:
It's being made by Clint Mansell.
Wow. Really? That's quite the coup. Unlike Hans Zimmer (who I think has written for games, as well?), he still has some love for music in him. Now I'm excited.

TheSeks said:
BDTS was only "great" because it was the only fucking planet with SHIT TO DO/story elements. Sure, you had the moon and PEW PEW PEW hallways on other planets, but they were so lifeless/DEAD.

Frankly, cutting those planets out was an improvement in ME2 since knowing Bioware they'd just pull ME1 and non-BDTS planets.

I would like to see s combo of the 2 in ME3 some planets that are walked (like in ME2) and some where you use a combo of exploring and combat (like BDTS). The Mako wasn't perfect, but I think it could have been improved not scrapped.

Gravijah

Bisnic said:
A game can't be "RPG of the year" two years in a row.

At least, i never seen this yet.

it's like when a game releases in japan one year but it comes out the next year everywhere else and then that version gets all the awards.

RBK

Banned
TheSeks said:
There's not enough faces for me to put my palm on in the world towards this picture and the EVEN FURTHER DUMBED DOWN GUI/MECHANICS.

Christ. What a disappointment, and Female Shepard looks bad in comparison to Male.

Exactly. If you are going add that, at least make it meaningful. The loyalty missions in ME2 are basically the sidequests and those were all great. I don't mind planet exploration in Mass Effect 3, but I doubt it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom