• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Sai

Just encountered an annoying glitch, though: trying to do the Hanar diplomat side mission on the Citadel, and the second terminal won't activate. :( Apparently, Bioware hasn't patched this and it's permanently busted. Ugh.
Did you leave the Citadel in the middle of it?

Bladenic

Oh shit, the
Banshees
are HARD. Reminds me of the damn Scions, or maybe they were called something else, from ME2. The annoying ones. Anyway, I been making a ton of saves because I can't choose a straight romance option and wanna see them all. ME1 and ME2 did not make me do this. The characters and interactions are the best they have ever been in this game. Guess Bioware still gets some things right. But yeah, I made a save for
Liara, Cortez (I accidentally romanced him, oops, but I still wanna see it through), and now Miranda. While I do like Miranda a lot and was initially going to keep her, I think I'm going to finish with Ashley on my first time through.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh shit, the
Banshees
are HARD. Reminds me of the damn Scions, or maybe they were called something else, from ME2. The annoying ones. Anyway, I been making a ton of saves because I can't choose a straight romance option and wanna see them all. ME1 and ME2 did not make me do this. The characters and interactions are the best they have ever been in this game. Guess Bioware still gets some things right. But yeah, I made a save for
Liara, Cortez (I accidentally romanced him, oops, but I still wanna see it through), and now Miranda. While I do like Miranda a lot and was initially going to keep her, I think I'm going to finish with Ashley on my first time through.

Make sure you bring Ashley with you on the last mission if you have the extended cut installed(no excuse to not have it since its free) if you're going to romance her. There is an extra scene that wasn't there originally with romanced people that are also squad members.

Melchiah

Oh shit, the
Banshees
are HARD. Reminds me of the damn Scions, or maybe they were called something else, from ME2. The annoying ones.

I thought they were fairly easy in the campaign, on normal difficulty, with Javik & Liara in the team, and the Prothean Particle Rifle equipped. In the first encounter, they were dead long before they reached me, which made them seem somewhat underwhelming. Naturally more of them in a smaller area was a highly different matter.

Bisnic

I thought they were fairly easy in the campaign, on normal difficulty, with Javik & Liara in the team, and the Prothean Particle Rifle equipped. In the first encounter, they were dead long before they reached me, which made them seem somewhat underwhelming. Naturally more of them in a smaller area was a highly different matter.

Banshees in the campaign are nothing compared to Gold Banshees in multiplayer. :p

Bisnic

Never played Gold against the Reapers, but they are pretty tough already on Silver.

On Gold(and Platinum too i guess, never bothered), when you hear her scream, you say "Shit...".

When you hear 2 screams, you say "Holy shit..."

Then you use a Missile Launcher

GeSse.jpg

Bladenic

I mean they aren't like ridiculous. But I'm playing on Hardcore (or is it Veteran? whatever is below Insanity) and they are a lot harder to bring down that most enemies. Nothing my Infiltrator can't handle though. I wreck shit, love this class.

So I just got
Tali
. Wonder if ME3 can actually make me like her this time?

I always ended up sticking with Miranda. Can't say no to dat.

Yeah I'm kinda regretting not going through with the save file where we sleep together haha. Idk, thinking about it she seems like the perfect match for Shepard in my eyes honestly. Plus I like her character (and she owned in battle too, too bad she is not a squad member). But I guess I'll go with Ashley since I went with her first in ME1. Though I do like Miranda more than Ashley.. damn it now I have to reload my old save!

Melchiah

On Gold(and Platinum too i guess, never bothered), when you hear her scream, you say "Shit...".

When you hear 2 screams, you say "Holy shit..."

Then you use a Missile Launcher

GeSse.jpg

Haha! I guess I have to try Reapers on Gold sometime, just to know the feeling, but I think I'll stay clear of Platinum.

EDIT:
I mean they aren't like ridiculous. But I'm playing on Hardcore (or is it Veteran? whatever is below Insanity) and they are a lot harder to bring down that most enemies. Nothing my Infiltrator can't handle though. I wreck shit, love this class.

Well, that explains the difference, as I played on normal.

Did you leave the Citadel in the middle of it?

No, but I think I pursued another Citadel quest on the side. According to the Bioware forums, there is no fix for this unless you're playing on PC. Sucks that you have to do the quest straight-through, considering I tend to talk to everyone in one location before moving to the next.

Bladenic

Oh look
the Quarians initiated ANOTHER war with the geth amidst a Reaper invasion. They really like holding on to the title of "dumbest inter-galactic species" don't they?
At least Tali herself is a bit better regarding it. And seemingly more useful in combat. Against geth anyway.

Another romance question, I'm regretting not banging Miranda at the apartment, any chance to relock the romance or am I gonna have to go for Ashley after all?

Bisnic

Oh look
the Quarians initiated ANOTHER war with the geth amidst a Reaper invasion. They really like holding on to the title of "dumbest inter-galactic species" don't they?
At least Tali herself is a bit better regarding it. And seemingly more useful in combat. Against geth anyway.

Another romance question, I'm regretting not banging Miranda at the apartment, any chance to relock the romance or am I gonna have to go for Ashley after all?

For your 1st run, i suggest you stick with Ashley. Only because you get an extra "romance" scene during the last mission with the Extended Cut installed that you wouldn't get with someone like Miranda that isn't part of your squad. Don't forget to bring Ashley with you!

Bladenic

For your 1st run, i suggest you stick with Ashley. Only because you get an extra "romance" scene during the last mission with the Extended Cut installed that you wouldn't get with someone like Miranda that isn't part of your squad. Don't forget to bring Ashley with you!

Yeah I will. I like Ashley too but I like Miranda the best for Shepard (though Liara grew a lot on me in this game so far). Kinda lame that the squadmembers get a better romance. I mean it makes sense, but still.

Speaking of Miranda, was there ever a poll or something done to determine the popularity of the ME2 cast since it was so big? As long as Jack, and Jacob are near the bottom we're good. Especially Jack.

Bisnic

Yeah I will. I like Ashley too but I like Miranda the best for Shepard (though Liara grew a lot on me in this game so far). Kinda lame that the squadmembers get a better romance. I mean it makes sense, but still.

Speaking of Miranda, was there ever a poll or something done to determine the popularity of the ME2 cast since it was so big? As long as Jack, and Jacob are near the bottom we're good. Especially Jack.

Well... you'll see in the last mission why it wasn't possible to add someone like Miranda or Jack during the extra romance scene. Not gonna spoil it though, it's a bit too major of a spoiler. :p

Just remember that you need the Extended cut for this to show up though. If you still don't have it, better install it now. The end of the game isn't close, but it's better to install it before you forget.

Sajjaja

I absolutely hated Jack in ME2 but in this one I didn't mind her as much. But I still hate Jacob.

Also, I romances Liar a in ME1, Miranda in ME2 but when it came down to it, I liked them both in ME3 but I only got 1 romance scene with Liara lol.

Bladenic

I absolutely hated Jack in ME2 but in this one I didn't mind her as much. But I still hate Jacob.

Also, I romances Liar a in ME1, Miranda in ME2 but when it came down to it, I liked them both in ME3 but I only got 1 romance scene with Liara lol.

Yeah Jack was a lot better in this. Jacob somehow still managed to piss me off. He says something along the lines of "you can't settle down, you're in love with Normandy" and I really wanted to kill him but the Renegade prompt never came up. Ugh. Not to mention the thing regarding his romance. What a douche. So in ME3 I think Jacob takes the reigns of the worst from Jack.

Bisnic

Yeah Jack was a lot better in this. Jacob somehow still managed to piss me off. He says something along the lines of "you can't settle down, you're in love with Normandy" and I really wanted to kill him but the Renegade prompt never came up. Ugh. Not to mention the thing regarding his romance. What a douche. So in ME3 I think Jacob takes the reigns of the worst from Jack.

Jacob always annoyed me, and not just because of his personality, but the job Bioware did on his facial animation.... when he talks, he barely open his mouth or move his jaw, but his lips got this crazy animation that always bother me when i look at him. :lol

Bladenic

Jacob always annoyed me, and not just because of his personality, but the job Bioware did on his facial animation.... when he talks, he barely open his mouth or move his jaw, but his lips got this crazy animation that always bother me when i look at him. :lol

Yeah that was strange.

Just thought about someone I haven't seen yet
Kelly Chambers
. Does she appear? Or did I miss her somehow?

Bisnic

Yeah that was strange.

Just thought about someone I haven't seen yet
Kelly Chambers
. Does she appear? Or did I miss her somehow?

Kelly is a special case, she only shows up if you've been nice with her in ME2.

And if you were nice with her in ME2 and you still didn't see her at this point in the story, it's too late because she (spoiler about what happen to her if you dont care since its in the past)
got killed during the Cerberus attack on the Citadel
. She shows up in the refugee area before the
attack and you have to convince her to change her name and appeareance to make sure she doesn't get killed for treason during the attack.
That way is the only way you would be able to talk to her again after the event.

Nori Chan

Well... you'll see in the last mission why it wasn't possible to add someone like Miranda or Jack during the extra romance scene. Not gonna spoil it though, it's a bit too major of a spoiler. :p

Just remember that you need the Extended cut for this to show up though. If you still don't have it, better install it now. The end of the game isn't close, but it's better to install it before you forget.

I'm guessing you're talking about the
memorial on the normandy

Bisnic

I'm guessing you're talking about the
memorial on the normandy

Well there's that, but i was mostly thinking about (end game spoiler, dont read Bladenic :p)
goodbye scene with your injured romanced squadmate where you tell him/her to board the Normandy and get the hell out of here while you're going for the beam, and he/she is all "No don't do it, i love you, etc." with a sad face. One of the better thing of the EC at least, as short as it is. It's easy to miss i guess if you only did the EC with a save that starts inside the Citadel.

Bladenic

Kelly is a special case, she only shows up if you've been nice with her in ME2.

And if you were nice with her in ME2 and you still didn't see her at this point in the story, it's too late because she (spoiler about what happen to her if you dont care since its in the past)
got killed during the Cerberus attack on the Citadel
. She shows up in the refugee area before the
attack and you have to convince her to change her name and appeareance to make sure she doesn't get killed for treason during the attack.
That way is the only way you would be able to talk to her again after the event.

I was nice to her though. I didn't hit that though. But I never saw her on at the refugee area. I mean I always check the Citadel but her name wasn't on the map and I never saw her. Damn.

Bladenic

I read around and Kelly seems gliched since a lot of people never saw her.

Anyway, I locked in Ashley. Found it hilarious how it didn't even show them kiss, while Liara gets a kiss, Miranda is grabbin on to Shepard's dick, and Cortez gets a make-out scene. Poor Ash.

Okay now for something huge. Having tons of trouble making this decision.
Should I upload the code or not? I honestly think the quarians are practically unlikable, more or less retarded twats, but still. Why couldn't there be some sort of middle ground, I only have the two options to upload the code or kill the geth.
Honestly I never really struggled with the choices in the series until ME3. Too much riding on every choice, feels like.

Bisnic

Anyway, I locked in Ashley. Found it hilarious how it didn't even show them kiss, while Liara gets a kiss, Miranda is grabbin on to Shepard's dick, and Cortez gets a make-out scene. Poor Ash.

Should I upload the code or not? I honestly think the quarians are practically unlikable, more or less retarded twats, but still. Why couldn't there be some sort of middle ground, I only have the two options to upload the code or kill the geth.
Honestly I never really struggled with the choices in the series until ME3. Too much riding on every choice, feels like.

I can't seem to remember, but if you choose the Upload Data option,
you'll get another choice after where you can save both groups through Paragon or Renegade options... although that option only seem to be available if you did all prior Rannoch quests on top of doing the Legion and Tali loyalty quests of ME2.
Or something like that.

Sajjaja

That decision actually made me stop playing the game, buy ME2 on the PS3(I played it on the PC before), replay that the way I wanted it and restart ME3 again in order to make the decision I wanted to make here. That's how much I was affected by the outcome :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you absolutely have to choose, Geth > Quarian. One earned a right to exist, the other tried to murder them.

Bisnic

That decision actually made me stop playing the game, buy ME2 on the PS3(I played it on the PC before), replay that the way I wanted it and restart ME3 again in order to make the decision I wanted to make here. That's how much I was affected by the outcome :(

Yeah, i will never decide to only
save the Geths
after seeing what happen on Youtube.

Bladenic

Oh yeah, I got the Paragon choice. THANK GOODNESS.

What a beautiful ending to the mission.
Legion's "death" really got to me too.
Damn this game is sad ;_; not like ME2 where you can save everyone.

Bisnic

Oh yeah, I got that. THANK GOODNESS.

What a beautiful ending to the mission.
Legion's "death" really got to me too.
Damn this game is sad ;_; not like ME2 where you can save everyone.

So you saved both groups? If you're curious, go see what saving only one group does on Youtube. Unless you wanna wait for another run.

Bladenic

So you saved both groups? If you're curious, go see what saving only one group does on Youtube. Unless you wanna wait for another run.

I will check both out on youtube. Don't feel like reloading or anything. Also
do you get to see Tali's face for real?

Bisnic

I will check both out on youtube. Don't feel like reloading or anything. Also
do you get to see Tali's face for real?

Only if you romance her, and its a stupid photoshop of a real photo put into a frame. No 3d modeled face. Yeah. Google will show you.

And if you think seeing
Legion dying is sad, wait until you see what happen when you only save Geths.

Sajjaja

Only if you romance her, and its a stupid photoshop of a real photo put into a frame. No 3d modeled face. Yeah. Google will show you.

And if you think seeing
Legion dying is sad, wait until you see what happen when you only save Geths.

Yeah man... that's the ending I chose before.......... That hit me hard..... really hard...... This game is really well done for the most part. There are certain things you just can't stop. I still haven't seen what happens if you choose the Quarians though.

Bladenic

I really would have had to choose just one
I would have most likely ended up choosing the quarians only because of the fact that Tali has been around the whole time, DESPITE the fact that I don't really care for her that much. However, on principle, I would have chosen the geth, because the quarians are the dumbest race in the galaxy.

exYle

Yeah man... that's the ending I chose before.......... That hit me hard..... really hard...... This game is really well done for the most part. There are certain things you just can't stop. I still haven't seen what happens if you choose the Quarians though.

Legion gets
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Real mad.

Hey buddies, long time no talk!

So the new DLC is it worth it? (Leviathan) Where would you rate it along side ME2's DLC? I absolutely loved Shadow Broker and Overload(? the David AI thing). Thanks!

Sai

I'd put it closer to Overlord, not quite up to par with Lair of the Shadow Broker—but still worth the ten bucks.

You get three real missions(with three sub-missions at the Citadel preceding them for set-up). Three new star clusters & new systems within existing clusters to explore containing new War Assets. The Argus AR and Raider Shotgun. A new bonus power: Dominate(Basically AI Hacking/Sabotage for organic enemies)... And best of all, in my opinion, five new weapon mods(with seven more "unofficially" available).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hey buddies, long time no talk!

So the new DLC is it worth it? (Leviathan) Where would you rate it along side ME2's DLC? I absolutely loved Shadow Broker and Overload(? the David AI thing). Thanks!

If you're interested, my review. Spoiler free.

If you're interested, my review. Spoiler free.
Ah cool thanks. Seems like a decent buy, I'll be getting it
I'd put it closer to Overlord, not quite up to par with Lair of the Shadow Broker—but still worth the ten bucks.

You get three real missions(with three sub-missions at the Citadel preceding them for set-up). Three new star clusters & new systems within existing clusters to explore containing new War Assets. The Argus AR and Raider Shotgun. A new bonus power: Dominate(Basically AI Hacking/Sabotage for organic enemies)... And best of all, in my opinion, five new weapon mods(with seven more "unofficially" available).

Sounds good! Thanks :D

Bladenic

So I'm about to
go to the Cerberus base
. I assume that is the last mission before the final mission correct?

Also a question about trophies. Do you have to do the stuff require for the trophies yourself? I'm talking about the overloading and lifting enemies trophies. Because Garrus has overloaded hundreds of shields, but I dont think I've seen the counter ever.

Sajjaja

So I'm about to
go to the Cerberus base
. I assume that is the last mission before the final mission correct?

Also a question about trophies. Do you have to do the stuff require for the trophies yourself? I'm talking about the overloading and lifting enemies trophies. Because Garrus has overloaded hundreds of shields, but I dont think I've seen the counter ever.

Yeah, it's the one before the final mission. After that it's no going back.

And yes, you gotta do it yourself. But multiplayer counts too I believe.

Bladenic

Yeah, it's the one before the final mission. After that it's no going back.

And yes, you gotta do it yourself. But multiplayer counts too I believe.

That's lame, in ME2 you could get them using your party members. Also are you saying the point of no return is basically this penultimate mission? Or the POR is whenever you start the last mission?

Sajjaja

That's lame, in ME2 you could get them using your party members. Also are you saying the point of no return is basically this penultimate mission? Or the POR is whenever you start the last mission?

Once you start this one, there is no going back until you finish the rest of the game. But once you finish the game, the game will put you back where you were right before you started the Cerberus mission.

Bladenic

I just started the game 2 days ago. Up to where
Thane dies

I CRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS.

;_;

Mordin's death got me even more. I thought I missed the paragon prompt so I reloaded, only to find out that it doesn't do anything. Mordin ;_;

"I am the very model of--" *explosion*

;___________;

I also watched some death scenes on youtube.
Miranda's is terribly sad and tragic ;_; had she died on my playthrough I would have been devastated.

Top Bottom