• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Any benefit to choosing Dr. Chloe Michel instead of Dr. Karin Chakwas to be on the normandy?
If Chakwas stays on the Citadel then she becomes a War Asset, but the reverse isn't true for leaving Michel. And I assume Dr. Michel has her own set of unique conversations and dialogue aboard the Normandy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So it's better to leave Chakwas?

My first war asset was the news reporter lady. I brought her on the normandy. What exactly are war assets?

Something that can affect what happen in the ending(s). I think you need like 3000 or 3200 to get the best outcome if you have the extended cut installed. It's very easy to reach if you do all the quests and bother scanning all the planets that have hidden ones. I you get 100% Galactic Readiness through multiplayer, you'll reach over 8000 points, which is completely unnecessary at this point. :p

Something that can affect what happen in the ending(s). I think you need like 3000 or 3200 to get the best outcome if you have the extended cut installed. It's very easy to reach if you do all the quests and bother scanning all the planets that have hidden ones. I you get 100% Galactic Readiness through multiplayer, you'll reach over 8000 points, which is completely unnecessary at this point. :p

Good to know. Thanks.

I didn't even know you could choose Dr. Chloe Michel over Chakwas. That's pretty cool.

Neither did I, and it seems I chose wrongly by going with Chakwas.

When i had the option the bring Chakwas on the ship i told her to stay just to see what happens. Then i went over to Michel and saw i could bring her on. Then i was like orly ?????

I guess i'll leave Chakwas and bring Michel.

EDIT- But i like having the original team on board. Hmmm. Im still thinking Chakwas.

Aside from the sexy french voice Dr Michel adds sod all if you choose her over Chakwas. If I remember correctly there is no unique dialogue outside of the first meeting on the Normandy and the medical supplies mission. Outside of those two things there is about as much interaction with her as there is with most of the NPC's on the Normandy.

At least with Chakwas you can have the drinking scene and she makes some comments now and again about new arrivals.

The only compelling replacement I've seen so far is Padok Wilks. The rest seem to be shameless stand-ins with minimal personality. The only decent change seems to be that Wreav provides an interesting twist,
that you can convince Mordin not to cure the genophage and he'll leave, rather than sacrifice himself no matter what you do.
But I would never let Wrex die, so I've only seen videos of it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The answer is always Chakwas.

tumblr_maazikrlrn1rao4yzqx.jpg

I just finished ME3. The ending was.......a little confusing.

What was the original ending? I played with the DLC installed. And i understand there's multiple endings? I didn't know that. How do i get those? The ending i got was the synthesis. Shepard jumps into the beam.

Off to youtube i go.

Bisnic

If you thought the extended cut was confusing, wait until you see the original one.
All endings essentially the same with different beam colors, no idea how our 2 squadmates got into the Normandy, if they got out of that jungle planet or not, we all thought the galaxy army was stuck around Earth after the Relays apparently exploded and nothing was shown or explained after they did, Starchild explained little, etc...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

SmartBase

Finished the game for second time but the first with the EC. It's marginally better but I still feel like I wasted those 25 or so hours
Shepard surviving is some consolation, I guess

Bisnic

25 hours? lol, i put 70 hours into ME3.

Surely you don't mean 70 hours in one playthrough? 25 hours seems about right for ME3 if you take your time talking to everyone without skipping anything and explore every corners of a mission for an upgrade or credits.

jett

D-Member
I'm a bit LTTP but... ah WTF, I just found out that Mordin died in my ME2 game, but I'm pretty sure he survived. :| That's depressing.

Anyway, is it worth doing the Galactic Readiness crap? Will it affect the endgame much?

Patryn

I'm a bit LTTP but... ah WTF, I just found out that Mordin died in my ME2 game, but I'm pretty sure he survived. :| That's depressing.

Anyway, is it worth doing the Galactic Readiness crap? Will it affect the endgame much?

Along with the Extended Cut came a patch that reduced the number of assets needed to unlock all the endings, making it actually possible to get enough assets by simply doing everything in single-player. So you don't really have to worry about it, but the multiplayer is actually really excellent and quite fun.

jett

D-Member
Along with the Extended Cut came a patch that reduced the number of assets needed to unlock all the endings, making it actually possible to get enough assets by simply doing everything in single-player. So you don't really have to worry about it, but the multiplayer is actually really excellent and quite fun.

Okay thanks!

The thing about multiplayer is that I'm pretty sure it's dead on PC. But mercifully this is the last game, so I don't need to worry about importing my ideal save to the next Mass Effect.

OR DO I?

Anyway, go back and get Mordin. You'll have to do at least one playthrough with him, since he's considered to have one of the best scenes in the game.

jett

D-Member
The thing about multiplayer is that I'm pretty sure it's dead on PC. But mercifully this is the last game, so I don't need to worry about importing my ideal save to the next Mass Effect.

OR DO I?

Anyway, go back and get Mordin. You'll have to do at least one playthrough with him, since he's considered to have one of the best scenes in the game.

I'm already 10 hours into ME3. Mordin's long gone. :p

Bisnic

OR DO I?

It's not that dead on PC. Sure it doesn't have a playerbase of 100k players, but i can still find people in a matter of seconds by choosing Quick Match.

Acidote

Having a hard time with the three geth primes (Insanity). Infiltrator + EDI + Tali. I can't respec them (sabotage isn't maxed), they die in a breeze and then it's all on me. Meh.

jett

D-Member
Wow this game is incredibly tedious. Non-stop shoot bang bang + dull as fuck errand missions. Really? And am I crazy or did there use to be actual dialogue trees in ME1 and ME2?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Wow this game is incredibly tedious. Non-stop shoot bang bang + dull as fuck errand missions. Really? And am I crazy or did there use to be actual dialogue trees in ME1 and ME2?
There used to be one more option on the right, between renegade and paragon, but they took it out. I think only ME1 had a lot of dialogue trees on the left, with ME2 having some, but for certain ME3 had fewer still.

Actually, after playing ME3, I felt that I was done with 3rd person shooters. They're just not that interesting to me.

Melchiah

Surely you don't mean 70 hours in one playthrough? 25 hours seems about right for ME3 if you take your time talking to everyone without skipping anything and explore every corners of a mission for an upgrade or credits.

One playthrough took me 45-50 hours.

Melchiah

Did you read every planet lores and codex entries or something? That seems a bit long.

No, but I did wander around Citadel and Normandy quite often, until I learned the conversations are only updated after main missions. ME2 took about the same time for me.

Yes, one playthrough. I take my time with rpg's. Games in general actually.

I did all the side quest too. And constantly talked to everyone on the ship.

Bisnic

Yes, one playthrough. I take my time with rpg's. Games in general actually.

I did all the side quest too. And constantly talked to everyone on the ship.

That's what I did too, all sidequests, talk to everyone, listen to all "investigations" when available, did a full visit of the Normandy after each missions, etc. Beat it in 30 hours or something. I don't know how you can take twice as long as that. Even reading all codex and planet lores wouldn't double that.

Oh well, no point in arguing about that lol.

Top Bottom