• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mordin's death got me even more. I thought I missed the paragon prompt so I reloaded, only to find out that it doesn't do anything. Mordin ;_;

"I am the very model of--" *explosion*

;___________;

I also watched some death scenes on youtube.
Miranda's is terribly sad and tragic ;_; had she died on my playthrough I would have been devastated.

So... have you beaten the game yet? Did it ruined the entire franchise like some people keep saying? Although i guess that if you have the extended cut, the potential disappointment could be reduced.

Bladenic

So... have you beaten the game yet? Did it ruined the entire franchise like some people keep saying? Although i guess that if you have the extended cut, the potential disappointment could be reduced.

Not yet, I haven't been able to get my ethernet cable to work on my PS3 for some unknown reason, so I can't dl the Extended Cut or play any multi yet. I'm right before the last mission too, and it's really hard to not just go ahead and do it haha. But I will refrain until I have the Extended Cut.

Bisnic

Not yet, I haven't been able to get my ethernet cable to work on my PS3 for some unknown reason, so I can't dl the Extended Cut or play any multi yet. I'm right before the last mission too, and it's really hard to not just go ahead and do it haha. But I will refrain until I have the Extended Cut.

Yeah its better that way if you want to avoid confusion and too many speculations everywhere.

flamingshadows5

Neo Member
Hi, new to this thread.

I've already finished ME3 once with the regular, non-extended cut ending. Was just able to download the new extended cut and decided to replay through ME3 on Insane to try and get the full experience coupled together with the new ending. Hopefully it will change my mind about the full game overall.

rozay

Banned
Hi, new to this thread.

I've already finished ME3 once with the regular, non-extended cut ending. Was just able to download the new extended cut and decided to replay through ME3 on Insane to try and get the full experience coupled together with the new ending. Hopefully it will change my mind about the full game overall.
it won't change thane's story
:(

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
I was just reminiscing about the week that followed the release of mass effect 3. Meltdowns, 400 cupcakes, 80 000 $ raised to change the endings.. FTC complaints.. A ME3 writer trashing Mac and casey on the penny arcade forums.. It was glorious. Though i agree it got out of hand, people were right about the ending(s) being poorly written. Still, it was amazing to witness all the e-carnage.

Sajjaja

Replaying this again made me realize how many awesome, but sad moments the game had.

It is a fantastic game. Really has some emotional moments and the gameplay is really tight and refined. The ending is really bad apparently (I didn't mind it to be quite honest).

flamingshadows5

Neo Member
It is a fantastic game. Really has some emotional moments and the gameplay is really tight and refined. The ending is really bad apparently (I didn't mind it to be quite honest).

I think the main problem with it is just what the whole trilogy was trying to do with the "make the game yours, make your own choices deal" versus what actually happens at the end with the
star child nonsense
. If Bioware hadn't talked about making the game your own it would have been fine.

It wouldn't have been fine. Without Leviathan
confirming that the Catalyst is actually an AI they created that knows nothing about organics and is only exploiting its own sort of logic to create an extremely convoluted "solution," the ending is basically a load of bullshit that the player is forced to accept as correct, even though it makes no sense and everything in the game contradicts it. It's not just about choices, it's not just about being a downer cliche (irrelevant at this point, because Extended Cut changes Synthesis and Control into perfect happy endings), it's because the Catalyst presents its solution as the only way, despite it making absolutely no sense in the context of the series and its themes.

And I don't know why everyone gives the Quarians so much crap. Just because Xen is one of those "knowledge over morals" scientists and Gerrel is overzealous/ suddenly a huge idiot, doesn't justify dooming an entire race.

I was just reminiscing about the week that followed the release of mass effect 3. Meltdowns, 400 cupcakes, 80 000 $ raised to change the endings.. FTC complaints.. A ME3 writer trashing Mac and casey on the penny arcade forums.. It was glorious. Though i agree it got out of hand, people were right about the ending(s) being poorly written. Still, it was amazing to witness all the e-carnage.

I already posted this earlier; but don't forget IGN's defense of Bioware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP5_YKu0

Bladenic

I like you. NOW PLAY THE AMAZINGLY AWESOME MULTIPLAYER!

You did it with the extended cut right?

Absolutely.

And I did 2 multi matches, I made an Adept character since I never played that class, and I didn't want to be an Infiltrator since I was that in both 2 and 3. Had tons of fun with Singu+Warp/Shockwave. Will definitely play more! Kind of wanna try the other classes that I never done in single player too.

Will definitely go for Plat too, need to get 2's first. Wanna do a Kaidan playthrough as well. Also, next playthrough I'm gonna do with From Ashes DLC and character. Pretty lame that it was DLC though, and $10.

Bladenic

Sorry for DP but I need to ask this. I imported my ME3 character for insanity but the difficulty was not on insanity at first. Do I need to restart?

Also, for the 5000 kills trophy, is the kill count interchangeable for both single and multiplayer?

Sajjaja

Sorry for DP but I need to ask this. I imported my ME3 character for insanity but the difficulty was not on insanity at first. Do I need to restart?

Also, for the 5000 kills trophy, is the kill count interchangeable for both single and multiplayer?

I think as long as you change it to insanity while you're still on earth its okay.

And yes the 5000 kills are interchangeable.

Cause they're a bunch of pretentious assholes :mad:

Most of the Quarians think the Geth rebelled and turned the Quarians into the greatest space-hobo movement ever seen, and have to live in those dumbass suits because of it. They're an entire species. That means millions of random Quarians who have nothing to do with oppressing the Geth, and millions of children. And people seem to have no problem killing those people because Xen is a sociopath and Gerrel is zealous as hell. Actually pretty sick that people would do that if you think about it.

Bladenic

Damn is Insanity a cakewalk. I haven't had one issue so far, and I'm on Tuchanka. Hardcore was easy too but I had more problems on it than here. How's ME2 Insanity compare?

Sai

ME2's Insanity is generally harder, if only due to how weak your squadmates are(even if you spec their class trees for durability 'n such), and that there are more enemies with shields, barriers, 'n armor running around.

I don't think they've made them any tougher in ME3, it's just that enemies generally concentrate their fire on you much more than your squad, unless they're far away from you, and right out in the open.

In the beginning, ME3's Insanity seemed more difficult to me because of slight variances, like what I mentioned above, the fact that you couldn't completely regenerate your health anymore, and all the different types of enemies to get accustomed to. It's probably because you're used to the latter that Insanity seems easier to you than Hardcore.

Moaradin

I feel like the difficulty in ME3 is balanced much better than ME2. They actually use tactics against you in this game, depending on the enemy type. In ME2, the difficulty pretty much just relied on the fact that every enemy had a ton of shields and barriers stacked on them.

Bisnic

I havent really tried Insanity in ME3, but i suppose that after doing some many Gold games in multiplayer, it must not be that bad.. just that that there is a game over screen when you die.

Sai

Bisnic, if you can consistently last through Gold without being revived, or using Medi-Gel, Insanity should be cake.

I feel like the difficulty in ME3 is balanced much better than ME2. They actually use tactics against you in this game, depending on the enemy type. In ME2, the difficulty pretty much just relied on the fact that every enemy had a ton of shields and barriers stacked on them.
Pretty much. It's part of what I hate about how difficulty scales in a lot of games of this type these days. It's more about how durable 'n hard hitting the enemies are, rather than how many you're facing, and their tactics.

Sai

Files from the EC and Leviathan DLC kind of spoiled the reveal, but at least we know it's coming out this fall.

Unless something else is found in this Omega DLC, that'll probably be it for single player DLC, eh? Has anything else been alluded to?

Just finished it, didn't want it to end ;_;

The Mass Effect games are my favourite games this generation, and among the best ever imo.

Ending:
synthesis... do the endings differ wildly?

Man, I have no idea how to get optimal use out of the points my level 60 Shepard has. Currently I have 4 points just sitting there, doing nothing. It blows.

But, his holy Vanguardness now has a Disciple X and a Harrier X and still has 195% recharge bonus. Feels good man.

OK my bullshit meter just went off the charts when I read this. Apparently someone has leaked the DLC time table for Mass Effect 3. Now just in case this is legit I will spoiler tag the schedule

some dude said:
Mass Effect 3 Guardian DLC: 800 MS/BioWare Points
The truth is close.Discover the mysteries and secrets hidden in the heart of every civilization.
^Citadel DLC

DLC release date:November 2012

Mass Effect 3 Retaliation DLC: Multi DLC and last.

Mass Effect 3 Assassin DLC pack:{DLC name may change}:

Weapon DLC pack:DLC release date:November 2012

Mass Effect 3 War Assets Cinematics DLC: free DLC
DLC release date:not yet known

Mass Effect 3 Take Earth back DLC: free DLC
Expand your experience in the battle for Earth

DLC release date:probably December 2012

Mass Effect 3 Light DLC{DLC name may change}:800 MS/BioWare Points:
Activate mass relay and discover uncharted corners of the Milky Way.

Mass Effect 3 Rebirth DLC:free DLC{required all DLC}
DLC release date:February 2013 This is the last DLC

^"Project X"

Origin of the leak

It is pretty eye brow raising stuff and to be honest I really am having a hard time believing 99% of this "schedule".

Sai

Sounds like a ton of fake garbage. I can see another weapon pack or two coming, but expanding more on the ending portions of the game? War Asset cinematics? And there's no mention of the Omega DLC, which has been heavily alluded to.

Man, I have no idea how to get optimal use out of the points my level 60 Shepard has. Currently I have 4 points just sitting there, doing nothing. It blows.
Can't be helped, at least on 360.

In ME2, I'd edit my save to give Shepard and his squad just the right number of points for his trees to be maxed out by Lv30. You can do it to your squadmates in ME3, but for Shepard there's some kind of restriction that prevents any points beyond his level being added—and resets your assigned points in the process.

Like I said, nothing that can be done about it on the 360. But you can get around it on the PC with a coalesced editor... Lots of neat stuff you can do with a with it, wish I had the PC version sometimes. :(

But, his holy Vanguardness now has a Disciple X and a Harrier X and still has 195% recharge bonus. Feels good man.
Oh, that's nifty.

* Sai takes a peek at all of his weapons with the SMG & Pistol Lightweight Materials mods.

2pys0vr.png

So, how'd rozay get himself banned?

exYle

OK my bullshit meter just went off the charts when I read this. Apparently someone has leaked the DLC time table for Mass Effect 3. Now just in case this is legit I will spoiler tag the schedule

Origin of the leak

It is pretty eye brow raising stuff and to be honest I really am having a hard time believing 99% of this "schedule".

The 'leaked' DLC plan is nothing but FanFic. I'm sort of glad too. That plan has us all working 90 hour weeks until February :p

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/250646484075290624

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I finished ME3 last night.

Much better game then ME2. ME2 was such a waste of time. All those lame quests and the story was bad. Well ME3 story got kind of convoluted too, but the quests were at least meaningful.

I got kind of tired of playing towards the end so just went in with my green bar at about 75%.

My ending:
I controlled the Reapers to save everyone and became a kind of god that was rebuilding the worlds?
I'm not sure what the controversy was on ending, but I was not invested in the story like some people.

Anyhow, well worth the $20.

I just wanted to mention ME3 kind of became the game you always wanted the Halo franchise to become. In the end it felt like a 3rd person Halo game with elements of RFoM (war torn London fighting aliens) and even Uncharted (
Shepard limping towards her final goal, barely able to walk, along with some other ciminatic touches
).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chris or Mike debunked Project X DLC months ago, and have stated in several ending related threads that there would be no more ending DLC. In their words, they have "ended the endings".

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just bought ME3... I really love the universe but I kept myself in the dark about everything surrounding it, except the.... colors finale? Anyway, hope I am in for a great ride.

Moaradin

Just bought ME3... I really love the universe but I kept myself in the dark about everything surrounding it, except the.... colors finale? Anyway, hope I am in for a great ride.

You'll probably love the game. Just make sure you have all the DLC if you can.

Bisnic

You'll probably love the game. Just make sure you have all the DLC if you can.

Especially Leviathan and Extended Cut(this one is free anyway). The ending will make more sense with those 2 and Leviathan is a great DLC with 3 new missions and a new Citadel lab to investigate between each of them, so the price is worth it. Plus squadmates at least talk with you this time, unlike past ME2 DLCs, which is a nice change.

Without those, you'll be just as confused and left with a lot of speculations, just as we were back in March. The ending might still be disappointing for you, but at least there will be no confusion and speculations.

Melchiah

Especially Leviathan and Extended Cut(this one is free anyway). The ending will make more sense with those 2 and Leviathan is a great DLC with 3 new missions and a new Citadel lab to investigate between each of them, so the price is worth it. Plus squadmates at least talk with you this time, unlike past ME2 DLCs, which is a nice change.

Without those, you'll be just as confused and left with a lot of speculations, just as we were back in March. The ending might still be disappointing for you, but at least there will be no confusion and speculations.

I'd also recommend From Ashes, as Javik adds a lot to the game.

Bisnic

I'd also recommend From Ashes, as Javik adds a lot to the game.

Yeah, all ME3 DLCs are worth it, and i bet Omega will be just as good as Leviathan when its released(hopefully this month), if not more, but i was mostly talking about what was necessary if he did not want to be all confused and full of speculations about the ending. :p

Melchiah

Yeah, all ME3 DLCs are worth it, and i bet Omega will be just as good as Leviathan when its released(hopefully this month), if not more, but i was mostly talking about what was necessary if he did not want to be all confused and full of speculations about the ending. :p

From Ashes mission isn't really anything spectacular, and in the grand scheme of things it's not that essential, but the character it gives is great for those who want more tidbits open in the story. Not to mention, that you get an awesome weapon from it. =)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Javik is one the best characters in the trilogy, in my opinion. He has some of the most interesting, and funniest, dialogue. And lore wise is basically a treasure trove of importance.

Bisnic

Javik is one the best characters in the trilogy, in my opinion. He has some of the most interesting, and funniest, dialogue. And lore wise is basically a treasure trove of importance.

"Your pilot Joker insisted to call me Prothy the Prothean." always me make laugh. Too bad a lot of people(mostly casual ones who never buy DLCs, or people who simply do not want to encourage the stupid idea that is "Day 1 DLC") missed him.

Top Bottom