• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 SPOILER THREAD: LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

And for those keeping score, as we near the end of this thread:

ME3WOS2.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is just sad, they knew exactly what the fan base wanted, promising all these lies, presenting us with such high expectations. How could Bioware possibly not see the backlash coming? What did they even do when they delayed the game for the first time?
1. Ran out of time, had to rush the ending.
2. EA's insistence to make ME3 an entry point to the series resulted in scaled back ending production such as low prioritisation of save imports.
3. Ego and bad writing from Walters and Hudson caused them to craft and ending inconsistent with fan expectations.
4. Poor project management lost sight of
the ending importance.

Pick one out more of the above.

EDIT: I hope this thread has a better ending than ME3.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
2. EA's insistence to make ME3 an entry point to the series resulted in scaled back ending production such as low prioritisation of save imports.
3. Ego and bad writing from Walters and Hudson caused them to craft and ending inconsistent with fan expectations.
the ending importance.

I pick 1,3 &4. Unsure for 2.

Patryn

the ending importance.

I have a feeling that one was the most devastating of them all. I really wonder what if they just said screw it and went hardcore.

I mean, it's not like Assassin's Creed runs from its past game history, and that shit is WAYYYYYY more complicated. I just started Brotherhood after beating AC1 and 2 and I have no idea how a new fan is supposed to process all that info that gets dumped in the opening cinematic.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Damn, so close to 20k.
Where do you find that bit on who posted how much in a topic?

the ending importance.

1,2 & 4 sound about right, as for 2, that seemed the direction they were heading with ME2 but it is a problem a lot of sequels face when you have to keep the existing fan base going while trying to pull in new players at the same time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
the ending importance.

I'm guessing a mixture of 1 and 3. Ego being the main culprit here and you can see it in every post interview where they just say we "didn't get it" and "we're just sad to see them go."

I know they did it for mass appeal, but at some point, they should realize that most people are playing this to finish the trilogy, not to begin it. One of my coworkers wants to play the game, but I tell him that he needs to start from ME1 and work his way to ME3 since it won't have the same effect

As long as some of us don't suddenly arrive on a jungle planet, I think we should be good.

dankir

It's still best Mass Effect. 9/10

The end doesn't spoil it, even though it's a bit naff and doesn't make quite enough sense. Most of us will meet naff and pointless ends.

I agree very much so. The series is now my favorite gaming series of all time. They ran out of steam at the very end.

I WANT TO FUCKING FIGHT HARBINGER AND FUCK HIM UP not a Marauder with shields.

I agree very much so. The series is now my favorite gaming series of all time. They ran out of steam at the very end.

I WANT TO FUCKING FIGHT HARBINGER AND FUCK HIM UP not a Marauder with shields.

Somebody doesn't quite get the joke yet. Hopefully another 400 page rage thread and he will get it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm not making the new OT, by the way.

Digoman

the ending importance.

2 doesn't appear to be the case, since the game had pretty of content that wouldn't be accessible without surviving members of the suicide mission in ME2 for example. Even if it's just a stand-in character, is still money for duplicate voice acting.

3 and 4 are my best bet. Specially 3. The disconnect between the themes of the rest the game and the endings really suggests it was imposed "from the top". And if you're deciding in November what about your ending, 4 is a given.

1 still applies in the details, like Tali's face (I hope, otherwise is just lazyness).

inky

Unlikely. I mean only if they changed it very late in the production which would be insane.

2. EA's insistence to make ME3 an entry point to the series resulted in scaled back ending production such as low prioritization of save imports.

I thought a great deal about this one and found it to be important. I was anticipating an ending, even a final scene, that did some flashbacks to the previous games, that judged you on those decisions. Expecting an influx of a lot of new players negates this possibility.

Absolutely. Like I said before they tried to make it transcendental and deep and intellectual. At some point I think they thought that the 2nd and third acts of the game had tied every knot people expected it would and that they had freedom to go this way at the very end. They were absolutely blinded by their "cleverness" on this one. I don't see what they thought so wrong with a conventional ending to the adventure. Maybe not spelled out in flash cards where everyone is exactly at and if they lived happily ever after, but something at least.

the ending importance.

Maybe, but a lot of stuff came out perfectly fine. I'm guessing poor management part could be that they simply didn't plan the ending fully until most of the game was already in full production.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Unlikely. I mean only if they changed it very late in the production which would be insane.

I thought a great deal about this one and found it to be important. I was anticipating an ending, even a final scene, that even did some flashbacks to the previous games, that judged you on those decisions. Expecting an influx of new players negates this possibility.

Absolutely. Like I said before they tried to make it transcendental and deep and intellectual. At some point I think they thought that the 2nd and third acts of the game had tied every knot people expected it would and that they had freedom to go this way at the very end. They were absolutely blinded by their "cleverness" on this one.

Maybe, but a lot of stuff came out perfectly fine. I'm guessing poor management part could be that they simply didn't plan the ending fully until most of the game was already in full production.

The ending was finalized in november....NOVEMBER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom