• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Voice Cast Trailer & GAF Plymouth Rock Town Meeting

Bowdz

Can anyone recognize the track in the video? I don't remember hearing it before and if that is an example of the standard ME3 track, than all of my fears about the soundtrack will have been alleviated (I like the "Earth" Mansell track, but it just doesn't have the Mass Effect feel to me).

illusive man man voice was really well done in ME2 ..i enjoyed the character .

PS: for me fem shep is the one that matters ...After so many Males heroes this gen i can't help but to choose Female in ME because ...just because.

Doodis

Can anyone recognize the track in the video? I don't remember hearing it before and if that is an example of the standard ME3 track, than all of my fears about the soundtrack will have been alleviated (I like the "Earth" Mansell track, but it just doesn't have the Mass Effect feel to me).
It seems like the track is new. I don't recognize it from either of the previous soundtracks, but you never know if it was part of the previous atmospheric stuff.

It's a new exploration track.

daviyoung

Banned
I don't get it. I only see this girl on the IGN show on Xbox, and now she's in Mass Effect. An exact likeness. Is she going to give me tips on achievements actually in the game now?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I know right, people wearing their combat armor al the freakin time is sooo much more realistic!

I believe he was referring to the civilian clothing, like those weird latexy gowns everyone wore, which were absolutely hideous. ME series outside the amours is ugly as sin when it comes to fashion. And this tanktop/dress abomination is just another addition to this crumby ME future fashion line.

Yup looks awkward.

Jesus! Welp, can't wait for that shit to tear me out of being immersed in the game. I will be totally sucked into the story, characters and world then....hey, what the fuck is Jessica Chobot doing in space? I mean, at least don't make her look exactly the same! Fuck!!

That's what I want Bioware...more people from real life, replicated in my sci-fi fantasy game.

i-Lo

Honestly, I am unaffected by Chobot's addition (save the fact that it was a big surprise). If her character fits in then it is all fine by me.

I am still a bit taken aback with the facial animations (or sort of lack thereof) for depicting emotions. Because everything else look so polished and a step ahead of second game that it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Mr_Zombie

Is it me or Prinze's voice doesn't really suit Vega? The voice sounded off when it came out of Vega's mouth.

And in-game Chobot looks like Snooki :/

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Is it me or Prinze's voice doesn't really suit Vega? The voice sounded off when it came out of Vega's mouth.

And in-game Chobot looks like Snooki :/

I dont think its that bad, but it is a little off. Im generally OK with Prinze being in the game, but they should have tailored Vega's character model to be less beastly than it is to match Prinze more. Im glad they didnt just copy Prinze into the game, but Vega has way too much mass and boring a face.

Luthos

Yea, for a game (that was more in earlier games) focused on dialogue trees/choices with characters, the facial animation in ME is still pretty terrible.

I dont think its that bad, but it is a little off. Im generally OK with Prinze being in the game, but they should have tailored Vega's character model to be less beastly than it is to match Prinze more. Im glad they didnt just copy Prinze into the game, but Vega has way too much mass and boring a face.

Freddie Prinze... make his character a huge steroid enhanced faux hawk space marine.

Jessica Chobot... make her the same but give her bigger boobs and show the cleavage.

Yup looks awkward.

I have to confess I went through a range of "emotions" when I first saw this Jessica Chobot. My first reaction was "who the hell is that ?" (not a follower of IGN). Then I saw her in game character and thought "my god that is the ugliest thing I have seen since Ashley". Thankfully I didn't have to look at her face for too long because her breasts nearly gave me black eyes.

Then to complete the ultimate face palm I discover this Jessica Chobot is some no name nobody from IGN. I am hot blooded as much as the next guy and yeah I like a bit of "sexiness" in games. But come on be a bit more subtle at least.

On a more positive note it was good to see Martin Sheen the guy has class and I always enjoy seeing Keith David not only because he comes across as a great guy but his wardrobe is always erm interesting.

Hylian7

I know right, people wearing their combat armor al the freakin time is sooo much more realistic!

aQytF.jpg

The reporter, not Shepard in this image.

Demon Ice

Banned
So, EVERYONE should dress alike in the Mass Effect universe?

Are you being deliberately obstinate? There is a certain, futuristic style / theme of the clothing in ME1 and 2. Space tank top is atrocious, and even if it wasn't, that model is a 45 year old face on a 20 year old body. I hope her role is minor at best. One punch to the face (which already looks like it's had its fair share) and then that's the last we ever see / hear from her.

Edit:
Emily Wong's outfit is sooo much more conservative. mirite?

It's not a matter of being conservative. It's a matter of fitting in with the style the game is going for.

Hylian7

So, EVERYONE should dress alike in the Mass Effect universe?

No, I'm just saying that they should dress within setting. No one really wore tanktops or clothes you see today in the ME universe. The closest thing was what Ashley wore in the first game when she was just on the ship.

Arjen

I don't know if it's funny or sad that people are discussing a fuckin tank top in a videogame.
But the bioware hate train definitly hit a new low today.

daviyoung

Banned
I don't know if it's funny or sad that people are discussing a fuckin tank top in a videogame.
But the bioware hate train definitly hit a new low today.

It's not the tanktop. It's the fact they've just recreated her in CGI and stuck her in the game.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I keep clicking ME topics on GAF despite telling myself not to?

Yes, verlily the portrayal of female reporters in ME1 was much better when they were literal punchlines.

cameron

Snooki here looks pretty bad, but the lighting in the scene isn't helping anyone. A lot of Mass Effect 3 character screenshots seems to suffer from really poor lighting.

It's a bit weird since a couple of talented tech artists at BioWare Austin did a lengthy and in-depth presentation at GDC last year about "cinematic character lighting" in SWTOR. I guess the devs at BioWare Edmonton didn't pay attention or they simply don't think it's that important.

Flipyap

Why do I keep clicking ME topics on GAF despite telling myself not to?

Yes, verlily the portrayal of female reporters in ME1 was much better when they were literal punchlines.
aEHKT.png

Emily Wong has had enough of your snide insinuations.

Just a little remainder of why she's famous

22921933:jpeg_preview_large.jpg
jessica_chobot_jessica_chobot_psp_CkDjBM8.sized.jpg
10178072_982222.jpg
Jessica_Chobot_Lick.gif

But yeah i'm sure her design has nothing but space practicality in mind!

Look, nothing bad with some sexin', that was a fun search, just don't bark like a rabid dog if someone points out the ridiculousness of it all, in a series supposedly about "character development!" and "mature narrative!" and "space opera!"

Top Bottom