• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Voice Cast Trailer & GAF Plymouth Rock Town Meeting

Demon Ice

Banned
I don't know if it's funny or sad that people are discussing a fuckin tank top in a videogame.
But the bioware hate train definitly hit a new low today.

Lol, how's that Kool-Aid taste?

You really can't see anything out of place with that character in that trailer? Not just the tank top, but really the entire character.

Mindlog

Benezia_Saren_Aboard_Sovereign_Post_EdenPrime.png

This is like on of those things that happens.

Definitely waiting on the full cast list. There are quite a few ancillary characters that I know would never get mentioned in one of these videos. Losing Mordin wasn't the best sign of things to come.

I think people are spending more time complaining about Chobot, then the amount of time she will be in the game for. So much rage for what will probably be, "Shepard can I ask you a question!?" most gaf, "No." *keeps walking*.

Dacon

Banned
This is Felicia Derp in Dragon Age 2 all over again, except this time we dont have the choice of excluding her from the game entirely.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay

That James Vega fight or sparring or whatever the hell it was... Just cringe worthy. No motion capture budget?

Chobot looked weird in game.

And I hope I can kick Vega as far away from my crew and story interaction as possible.

Yup looks awkward.
They put Snooki into ME3?
edit: Balehead thought so too /edt

Decent look into the VAs, I guess. Keith David has such an amazing voice.
Was I the only one that thought it was a little funny how long it took Sheen to say "Mass Effect.........3(?)"

I'm shocked by the mass hatred for male Shepard's voice. I always thought the actor did a good job and was quite charismatic. Then again I'm playing mostly Paragon Shepard, maybe it's when he acts like a jerk that things get awkward?

I'm shocked by the mass hatred for male Shepard's voice. I always thought the actor did a good job and was quite charismatic. Then again I'm playing mostly Paragon Shepard, maybe it's when he acts like a jerk that things get awkward?
I've never thought he was great, but he was serviceable. More of his lines are hits than misses for me, but I like him okay.
There's a certain charm to his "I should go" at the end of all those conversations.

I'm glad I don't know who this Chobot lady is that everyone seems to be so upset about. I'll just remain ignorant and cringe every time I see her character model in game.

Lol, how's that Kool-Aid taste?

You really can't see anything out of place with that character in that trailer? Not just the tank top, but really the entire character.

Given we have no idea of the context of the character? Nope, absolutely not.

She seems like one of those journalists who accompany soldiers or battalions or something on the frontlines of wars like we have today. Doesn't seem out of place at all. The Normandy isn't a strictly military vessel.

Well, you can add me to the people who thinks he far outclasses Hale. I almost can not stand her voice. Very monotonous, very angry sounding...her voice makes it sound like she doesn't even want to be there, as if someone is forcing her to read her lines, or she's tired.

The thing that looks most out of place is how every human character looks like they took a vacation on the beach and came back well tanned.

I mean, it didn't really occur to me until I saw Joker, but then everyone looked like they got a quick spray tan before fighting to save the earf.
I don't know, maybe it's the lighting, but it just seems strange to me that Joker of all people would look so tanned. How often does he likely get around to being outdoors?

Funny that you can
romance chobot
in the game... xD

8674tx

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/720362/mass-effect-3-jessica-chobot-talks-romance/

"Last I heard, I am one of the 'romanceable' characters in the game," Chobot said. "I think you can bring me on the Normandy, I think you have the option of kicking me off too. I’m not sure if that’s before or after you romance me, so we might have a Jersey Shore moment. I think you can romance me with a man or a woman. We’ll see when the game comes out," Chobot added.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The thing that looks most out of place is how every human character looks like they took a vacation on the beach and came back well tanned.

I mean, it didn't really occur to me until I saw Joker, but then everyone looked like they got a quick spray tan before fighting to save the earf.
I don't know, maybe it's the lighting, but it just seems strange to me that Joker of all people would look so tanned. How often does he likely get around to being outdoors?
Not that I disagree, but I'd imagine you get a fair bit of tan if you're in the cockpit of a ship that routinely passes near suns.

A Jersey Shore moment...delicious

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for everyone doing the OT, please include a Jersey Shore reference in the title.

"Last I heard, I am one of the 'romanceable' characters in the game," Chobot said. "I think you can bring me on the Normandy, I think you have the option of kicking me off too. I’m not sure if that’s before or after you romance me, so we might have a Jersey Shore moment. I think you can romance me with a man or a woman. We’ll see when the game comes out," Chobot added.

It was annoying when critical fans mentioned Jersey Shore often in these Mass Effect threads. Now people involved in the game are dropping Jersey Shore bombs. These Mass Effect/Bioware threads are going to drive me insane.

Edit:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for everyone doing the OT, please include a Jersey Shore reference in the title.

NOOOOO

What's the big deal about a "Jersey Shore moment"? It's obvious she means there could be a confrontation or something to that liking between her and Shepard, or perhaps her, Shepard, and another romance that Shepard had in previous ME games.

Bioware did say "cheating" could have "repercussions."

can't voice act doesn't help

She has a perfectly fine, normal voice. What's so bad about it?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
can't voice act doesn't help

Well that remains to be seen. I doubt shes very good at altering her voice like Meer or Hail, so its just gonna sound like her, which is fine since shes got a nice voice. I think she'll be fine delivering her lines.

I also doubt shes going to have any super dramatic dialogue segments that warrant a top quality actor to nail the emotions or dramatics. As long as she doesnt sound forced and it feels natural and not like shes simply reading the script into a mic it should be good enough. And hey maybe she'll be good at it. BioWare has one of the best recording outfits so shes got great coaching, and even though Chobot was hired as wank bait, they wouldnt take her on if she wasnt at least passable as a performer to begin with.

Megasoum

Banned
A bit OT but I have a question. Anybody know if the ME2 DLC will affect the imported save file in ME3?

I did all the DLC on my first playthrough on 360 when the game came out but I've since bought a new pc and pre-ordered the 3rd on PC. I finished another playthrough of ME2 on PC but only bought Shadow Broker (cause let's face it, it's awesome!). I'm not sure I want to pay another 15$ for Kasumi and Arrival. I really wouldn't mind replaying them but it pisses me off to have to pay them twice.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
A bit OT but I have a question. Anybody know if the ME2 DLC will affect the imported save file in ME3?

I did all the DLC on my first playthrough on 360 when the game came out but I've since bought a new pc and pre-ordered the 3rd on PC. I finished another playthrough of ME2 on PC but only bought Shadow Broker (cause let's face it, it's awesome!). I'm not sure I want to pay another 15$ for Kasumi and Arrival. I really wouldn't mind replaying them but it pisses me off to have to pay them twice.

Just snag a save file with them completed that matches your decisions. The DLC will likely play some role, even if it ends up simply being bonuses like cash and stuff.

http://www.masseffect2saves.com/

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
That's what I did for the ME1 save when I started my ME2 playthrough on PC but I don't want to download a save when I have one that I made myself over 40+ hours in 2.

Well youre out of luck then, I dont see whats wrong with using someone elses save as long as it matches yours.

If Gibbed is able to and willing I wouldnt be surprised if when ME3 comes out he'll be able to put out a new save editor that allows people to alter their ME2 decisions like his current one allows people to alter their ME1 choices. So If you cant find a save that matches your choices perfectly you can alter it so it does.

Kimaka

Apparently she is a romance option: http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Diana_Allers

Ugh, alright now I'm willing to admit this is a bit sleazy.

Now you can have e-sex with Jessica Chobot! Buy our game.

Pandering at its absolute worst...

I figured she was just a misc. drive by cameo.

This is creepy. I don't know much about Chobot but after seeing those PSP gifs and this, it has me worried about how they are going to portray women in ME3. Its like they get worse and worse with each sequel.

Lol, holy shit.

I can't believe people are making this such a big fucking deal.

Lol, holy shit.

I can't believe people are making yet another fanboy-centric exploitative marketing-driven development decision into "such a big deal".

Lol, fucking people not happily slurping up Bioware's continued mainstream-pandering action/sex-focused bullshit.

Come on guys, start sucking already! Imma be over hear buying all the Bioware DLC ever! WOOOOOOO!!!

Lol, holy shit.

I can't believe people are making yet another fanboy-centric exploitative marketing-driven development decision into "such a big deal".

Lol, fucking people not happily slurping up Bioware's continued mainstream-pandering action/sex-focused bullshit.

Come on guys, start sucking already! Imma be over hear buying all the Bioware DLC ever! WOOOOOOO!!!

Yep, that's what it is. Sex, SEX EVERYWHERE IN MASS EFFECT! Fuck Bioware and their sex campaign with these..."romances" that...takes up about 10 minutes out of the 30+hour experience!

inky

Lol, holy shit.

I can't believe people are making this such a big fucking deal.

It's funny that, going by your posts, you don't realize you've got as much of an agenda as people laughing at/complaining about this.

Should probably stop making such a big deal out of people making this a big deal. Just sayin'.

I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't one, lol.

Yep, that's what it is. Sex, SEX EVERYWHERE IN MASS EFFECT! Fuck Bioware and their sex campaign with these..."romances" that...takes up about 10 minutes out of the 30+hour experience!

Your ability to selectivity exaggerate is far, far beyond anything the Bioware "haters" have ever achieved.

Good show to you sir, for your continued demonstration of cognitive dissonance.

Bravo, I say.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Apparently she is a romance option: http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Diana_Allers

Considering that she wasn't even sure if she was a romance option by her quote it'll probably just be someone you can be flirty with, just like Kelly in ME2.

scarybore

I know so little about Chobot that I don't really care and more romance options suits me fine, but this is gaf so no doubt this is more appropriate.

masseffect2114dsjoi.gif

I like mark meer's voice.

As do I. Meer does a great renegade shep, I just prefer playing as a paragon femshep.

^^^^Hey keep tryin' man, you keep saying it and one day it might even be true!

and more romance options suits me fine, but this is gaf so no doubt this is more appropriate.

You know, if more bad-written virtual "romances" are really what you're after, the Japanese have an entire sub-genre of games that would suit you perfectly.

Top Bottom