• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Voice Cast Trailer & GAF Plymouth Rock Town Meeting

DanielJr82

In complete honesty, I want no video game journalist on the game. Keep it professional and stop pandering to the lonely perverts lusting after some bimbo reading a teleprompter, Bioware.

Lothars

I'm not even going to begin to address the whole ME/2 thing starting up again, but I'm sick of people on the "ME2 is the better game" side either ignoring or missing many of the well presented things that people who preferred ME1 have stated multiple times (not exclusive to RPG stuff, because I don't even care about that), and I'm sick of the "ME1 is the better game" people having to keep bringing the same complaints up over and over again in every thread, regardless of relevancy.

There's a lot of stuff in both games that I liked and disliked. I guess I'm one of the few, but whatever.
There are relevant complaints about Mass Effect 2 as there are for Mass Effect 1, The Issue becomes that it's not the one's that voice the complaints, it's the ones that shit on the game in every thread no matter what.

As long as you let me nip-pick you until the final moments, I am fine with this.

That lady is a journalist? And she's licking hardware? What the?
No, no, don't tell me. I have to remain as ignorant as possible to this.

Nip-picking is an endorsed activity in the MSCB (monkey stuff code book).

Licking stuff is also an endorsed activity.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
As long as you let me nip-pick you until the final moments, I am fine with this.

That lady is a journalist? And she's licking hardware? What the?
No, no, don't tell me. I have to remain as ignorant as possible to this.

Spoilers!!! Its from a photo taken 7 years ago as a joke that completely blew up and has never gone away and something she begrudgingly accepts, despite thats all people ever talk about, cause she knows it has helped her career.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If only I wasn't so obtuse as to miss the things that bother me about ME2 currently that I didn't ever see or experience the first time I played.

I'm not even going to begin to address the whole ME/2 thing starting up again, but I'm sick of people on the "ME2 is the better game" side either ignoring or missing many of the well presented things that people who preferred ME1 have stated multiple times (not exclusive to RPG stuff, because I don't even care about that), and I'm sick of the "ME1 is the better game" people having to keep bringing the same complaints up over and over again in every thread, regardless of relevancy.

There's a lot of stuff in both games that I liked and disliked. I guess I'm one of the few, but whatever.

:highfive
Both games are great for their own reasons. I'm sure 3 will be the same.

I still say the Tali romance scene was completely pedo as fudge.

I mean.
He's basically giving her orders like he's the adult.

"... I... I took my shots, commander."
"Good. Good, child."

:highfive
Both games are great for their own reasons. I'm sure 3 will be the same.
I wish I could be more optimistic.
I don't think the game's going to be awful, but I'm just not excited for it like I was for ME2 when it nearing release. Maybe it's just the wrong sort of media that has been getting released, which I won't mind if the alternative is being spoiled on every major point in the game. Just nothing has really got me pumped for the game, and it's just a few more weeks away.

OH YEAH, IT COMES WITH THE SOUNDTRACK. Okay, I'm kind of excited now.

Lothars

I don't think the game's going to be awful, but I'm just not excited for it like I was for ME2 when it nearing release. Maybe it's just the wrong sort of media that has been getting released, which I won't mind if the alternative is being spoiled on every major point in the game. Just nothing has really got me pumped for the game, and it's just a few more weeks away.

I feel the media is just like dragon age origins where it was completely insane but when the game came out, it was great. I still feel ME3 is going to be a great game but all we can do is wait.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I've been on a fairly strong blackout for this but having just played through ME2 again a few weeks ago and hearing Bioware's goals for 3 I'm super excited. I've played through 1 and 2 multiple times each but mostly they were borrowed copies from friends. My first exposure to ME was watching friends play through them. I'm just excited for 3 since this will be my first time going through it unspoiled, with my character, and my decisions. My only concern is about the PS3 version but we'll see how that turns out.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

If youre willing watch the first 23 minutes of the game that got leaked last fall in beta form its pretty great and not like the current media out at all. Its totally a mess visually with stuff missing all over and glitches abound, but there are a couple scenes in there that are fantastic. It really doesnt spoil much at all, most of the trailers have use bits of it in them so you should already know whats going on. Vid here.

EDIT: I should add that cause this is several months old and was part of the big leak that resulted in the entire script leaking on the web theres a good chance theyve changed shit up from whats shown here so you might not being spoiling the beginning completely. BioWare did say it was incomplete and that they would be taking feedback from those who dared to read it, so take that as you will.

I've been on a fairly strong blackout for this but having just played through ME2 again a few weeks ago and hearing Bioware's goals for 3 I'm super excited. I've played through 1 and 2 multiple times each but mostly they were borrowed copies from friends. My first exposure to ME was watching friends play through them. I'm just excited for 3 since this will be my first time going through it unspoiled, with my character, and my decisions. My only concern is about the PS3 version but we'll see how that turns out.
It's been since... man, maybe some time in June since I last touched either game. I was working on getting some achievements on ME1 and the last one on ME2, then I got distracted by the Witcher.

I've been trying to avoid media, but I keep giving in to go look. I've avoided most of the recent stuff that sounds like there could be spoilers, since bioware is bad about that stuff. Like the artbook thing with the two characters, I keep going to click because I see "Mass Effect" but have to stop myself before I do something I regret.

If youre willing watch the first 23 minutes of the game that got leaked last fall in beta form its pretty great and not like the current media out at all.
Nah, I don't like watching people play starts of games, because then I don't enjoy it. It happened once before, and never again!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I knew something was missing from this thread. Glad Derrick01 chimed in while I slept.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shhh!

The religion I'm forming around you is pretty strict.

You can't admit that you sleep otherwise I'll stop getting paid by idiots.

I'm pretty sure I'm not 'sleeping' so much as letting my other personalties take hold.

EatChildren

That's my moderation mantra I live and die by.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
6799902727_933336fcc3_z.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Well, let's hope titans like Keith David and Martin Sheen will even things out...

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Heres a decent panel discussion with Jessica Chobot from 2 years ago at PAX.

Ive watched most of it and its an OK panel, but the point I linked to gives you a good idea of what Chobot is like professionally and personally and I kind of feel bad for her cause theres so many people now just shitting all over her and ME3 because of her inclusion and she seems like she genuinely cares about games and her work as much as anyone.

As well if you bother to watch the whole thing from the start, you pick up pretty quickly shes been gaming for a long time, probably since the mid 80s, and generally knows her stuff and hasnt just made a career based off her looks. I mean she was casually throwing out titles like fucking River Raid for the Atari 2600 back in 82.

Its also really funny because at one point shes talking about some MMO idea she had for some IP and they brought up BioWare and ToR and how its more story based and long story short she said "BioWare hire me, Jessica Chobot at IGN.com"

That said she still might blow in ME3, but who knows.

Arjen

I don't get the hate for Chobot, i honestly only know her from Feedback, and i always like her in that, she seems like a cool person who really loves games.

LiK

I don't get the hate for Chobot, i honestly only know her from Feedback, and i always like her in that, she seems like a cool person who really loves games.

I like her from Feedback too. but I think putting her in the game with her likeness and having her cover it is kinda gross.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
On her IGN Blog Chobot says that she was at the recording studio for two whole days, and going off an interview I saw a few days ago with Mark Meer, aka MaleShep, his sessions were only 4 hours long so as to not blow out his voice, I would guess the same would go for Chobot maybe a little longer, but probably not by much.

So out of 8+ hours I wonder how much is final, in game time, VA. I have a feeling we'll be hearing her a lot on various locations reporting our progress and the overall war progress as we go along.

EatChildren

So out of 8+ hours I wonder how much is final, in game time, VA. I have a feeling we'll be hearing her a lot on various locations reporting our progress and the overall war progress as we go along.

She might take on a similar role to Kelly from ME2, advising you of reports and changes in the galaxy that require you attention.

People hate her because she makes women videogame journalists look bad. She is the Kim kardashian or however you spell it of Videogames. She liked a flippin PSP and is now in a game where you can have sex with her. I'm sure she loves the hell out of games and respects them..but she doesnt respect herself. The difference between her and a hooker is that hookers atleast know they are whores.

I kid Jessica chobot but really the fact that you can have sex with her in the game really does not help her image. But I guess at the end of the day who really cares. There are way worse things being portrayed in games these days. They really should of just had Snooki at least it would have been funny and pissed way more people off.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
She might take on a similar role to Kelly from ME2, advising you of reports and changes in the galaxy that require you attention.

I dont like your words or thoughts because they bring up the possibility that my lovely Kelly(as said in the voice of the hair lice from South Park) is no longer in ME3 at my side.

But yes it will be interesting to see just what her role is given that shes an embedded war correspondent and not just a journalist like Emily Wong or Khalisah al-Jilani.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At least she doesn't look as bad as some of the random faces. Most of the generic human NPC's look disgusting.

Miranda was pretty ghoulish at times too:

NCQA6.jpg

In complete honesty, I want no video game journalist on the game. Keep it professional and stop pandering to the lonely perverts lusting after some bimbo reading a teleprompter, Bioware.

Classy.

I know, I know, fuck Bioware and all, but maybe we could convey that in a little less ugly, personal, and mean spirited fashion. Just a thought.

You know this is completely off topic, but I kind of wondered while browsing through the game that turned you into a gamer thread if Dig Dug inspired any inflation fetishes in people. And considering this is a Mass Effect thread I figured alien virgin tang, digital Chobot, and inflation fetish theories could go together better than me randomly posting in that thread.

Firefox

Banned
We need blond chobot in the game to romance.

I also think it's kind of ridiculous to have all Hollywood voice talent in the game.

What is this Final Fantasy?

Top Bottom