• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer DLC will be free

Mindlog

Today I learned: type /s after what seems like a joke post :D

Real talk. I loved ME3 MP, played it constantly. If people want to buy packs and subsidize my free updates and maps then power to em! I'll keep riding the coat tails to victory
Anyone telling you ME3 MP wasn't PvP is a dirty liar or freeloading scumbag.
If you don't finish with the highest score you lost.
Did that ever happen in ME3 though?
It was rare, but it happened.
I remember getting some criticism for my loadouts and then proceeding to absolutely blast the scoreboard.

/issues 1v1 challenges

Damn ME3 MP was fun.

Melchiah

"Free" because you will want to open hundreds of dollars of loot boxes. lol

I take it you didn't play ME3 MP? It was perfectly doable to get most of the characters and weapons by just playing. 60-70k credits for a gold match, and Premium Spectre Pack cost 99k. You could buy one with credits in 30-40 minutes.

EDIT:
Anyone telling you ME3 MP wasn't PvP is a dirty liar or freeloading scumbag.
If you don't finish with the highest score you lost.

You do realize you're supposed to play as a team, not to solo for higher score? That kind of players were the worst, and always ended up getting killed. Personally, I never cared about the score. It doesn't even grant you anything in the game.

Sai

Mindlog definitely knows. It was kind of a joke. :p

You always worked together to mow down mobs, prime and set off detonations, and so on, but there were always bragging rights to be had for taking the top score(especially if you're going against their presumptions about your character and gear). Which is why, no matter how much I carried a group of randies 'til the extraction, there would almost always be at least one guy complaining about me hogging all the kills or some crap.

It was pretty funny.

Melchiah

Mindlog definitely knows. It was kind of a joke. :p

You always worked together to mow down mobs, prime and set off detonations, and so on, but there were always bragging rights to be had for taking the top score(especially if you're going against their presumptions about your character and gear). Which is why, no matter how much I carried a group of randies 'til the extraction, there would almost always be at least one guy complaining about me hogging all the kills or some crap.

It was pretty funny.

I never experienced that, because very few people used a headset on the PS3. Hearing stories like these makes me think it was for the best. The tantrums certainly wouldn't have made the experience better.

Top Bottom