• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masuda announcing something on Pokemon Smash next Sunday

Slime

Banned
"Massive shock announcement" sounds to me like something on par with an entirely new mainline title, or Grey at the very least. Maybe even them breaking their "no consoles" rule and designing a main Wii U title (compatible with 3DS a la the new Smash Bros?).

...but it's probably Pokémate 2 exclusively for docomo devices or something.

Orayn

If it's another mainline RPG, I'll be sad. I absolutely understand why people enjoy them, I just can't get over the battle system, and I know the fans would consider it unforgivable heresy if they changed it in any significant way. :(

Refugio

Oni Link 666 said:
I think it would be a pretty safe bet to rule out anything not made by Game Freak since it's Masuda making the announcement. That would leave Pokemon TCG and Pokemon RPGs. I guess Game Freak could pick up Snap, but that's a HAL game.

I think a TCG game would be by Creatures since they are in charge of that or something. I'd guess the third version. it could be the remakes too.

Sennorin

Banned
Please *not* a Mystery Dungeon-game. I´d like to get a game I care about :( I´d even take a new TCG over the former.

D-Pad

Exterminieren said:
If it's Masuda, then it's an RPG, not a spinoff.

Would Ruby/Sapphire remakes or Pokemon Grey be shock announcements?

GEN VI BELIEEEVVVVEEE
Pokemon SparkingYellow would be a shock for me.

more so than gen VI even

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Chris1964 said:
It's not for WiiU.
It's not? I didn't read it was 3DS on the OP (just the speculation part), but you have a track record of being right in sales related things, so i'll believe you.

Change my post into Pokemon Chronicles using Xenoblade engine for 3DS (would never happen, sadly).

udivision

manueldelalas said:
Pokemon WiiU using the Xenoblade engine. Enormous environments, Pokemons visible and running all over the field, etc.
Time for a gratuitous use of my horrible mock-up!
143dp9z.jpg

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
manueldelalas said:
It's not? I didn't read it was 3DS on the OP (just the speculation part), but you have a track record of being right in sales related things, so i'll believe you.

Change my post into Pokemon Chronicles using Xenoblade engine for 3DS (would never happen, sadly).
Every big announcement this year at September 13 event and after that will be for 3DS.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wwm0nkey said:
The fact that TCG cards for TCGO have a QR code makes me lean more to TCGO for the 3DS

2j3o8pe.jpg

I really don't have any interest in Pokemon TCG as far as trading card games go, but I'd love to see anyone do a good current-gen TCG that actually has a game beyond card battles (Magic XBLA is pretty decent, Ascension iOS if you count it is excellent, but both are just battle sims, not full games)

Neiteio

Maybe they will announce Pokedex 3D will use the Update button for a software update that will allow for the old Pokemon, some of which could be acquired through QR codes like above.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Chris1964 said:
Every big announcement this year at September 13 event and after that will be for 3DS.
But they showed and announced games and the WiiU console on E3 this year, they haven't shown it in Japan, I would suppose that they either will show it at TGS (joke about Nintendo and TGS) or do a special show, but they need to show it there too... Also, they recently announced DQX Wii U...

It cannot be a mainline game for god's sake!

Ugh! Why is everyone blatantly ignoring what has already been said by The Pokemon Company before!? http://www.officialnintendomagazine....es-on-the-way/

You people are taking the words "Massive Shock Announcement" way too literately. This is a Japanese Pokemon TV show aimed at little kids, any new game announcement would constitute a "massive shock announcement".

We know it is of the same level of importance as the four games that have come out this year in Japan already (Pokemon Typing, Pokemon TCG Training, Pokedex 3D and Super Pokemon Rumble). Matsuda appearing or not, it doesn't change what has already been said before.

Whetever it is (could be a new TCG game), it is NOT a mainline Pokemon game (or a remake/Pokemon Grey).

TEMPER YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!!

manueldelalas said:
But they showed and announced games and the WiiU console on E3 this year, they haven't shown it in Japan, I would suppose that they either will show it at TGS (joke about Nintendo and TGS) or do a special show, but they need to show it there too... Also, they recently announced DQX Wii U...

I doubt we will see anything Wii U until next year's E3.

Nuclear Muffin said:
You people are taking the words "Massive Shock Announcement" way too literately. This is a Japanese Pokemon TV show aimed at little kids, any new game announcement would constitute a "massive shock announcement".

While I don't think it's a mainline game this is a dumb. Why use those words if it's assumed any new game is a massive shock?

Zoramon089 said:
While I don't think it's a mainline game this is a dumb. Why use those words if it's assumed any new game is a massive shock?

Because it excites little kids and encourages them to watch the show! (seriously, does nobody here even understand the show's audience or what it's about?!)

Anyway I'm done. If you guys want to go nuts speculating that we'll see a mainline game there, go ahead.

I expect a lot of disappointed posters on that day. Have fun!

GSR

Zoramon089 said:

Because they want to build hype?

BurntPork

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:

Ugh! Why is everyone blatantly ignoring what has already been said by The Pokemon Company before!? http://www.officialnintendomagazine....es-on-the-way/

We know it is of the same level of importance as the four games that have come out this year in Japan already (Pokemon Typing, Pokemon TCG Training, Pokedex 3D and Super Pokemon Rumble). Matsuda appearing or not, it doesn't change what has already been said before.

Whetever it is (could be a new TCG game), it is NOT a mainline Pokemon game (or a remake/Pokemon Grey).

Again, when did "surprise" and and "importance become synonyms? The word "importance" is no where in there. You're just putting words into people's mouths.

And your link is broken. http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28846/more-pokmon-surprises-on-the-way/

Refugio

Nuclear Muffin said:
Because it excites little kids and encourages them to watch the show! (seriously, does nobody here even understand the show's audience or what it's about?!)

Anyway I'm done. If you guys want to go nuts speculating that we'll see a mainline game there, go ahead.

I expect a lot of disappointed posters on that day. Have fun!

Well I prefer the spinoffs anyway so you will never see me disappointed!

GSR said:
Because they want to build hype?

And simply saying a new game announcement wouldn't? Also, if this is targeted at kids why even mention Masuda at all? Why not simply have someone on the show make the announcement? Since when did little kids know the names of the people who developed the games they play? What little kid is going "OMG, Junichi Masuda?! I'm SO excited!"

Big One

Banned
Why would the director of all modern mainline Pokemon games, announce a spinoff? At most he's had some supervisor role in some of the spinoffs, but not most.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
There needs to be a fine issued every time someone hyped their shit with words like "massive shock announcement" and it ends up being a whimper

Kyzer

Banned
You dont think its possible theyre going to announce a mainline game? At all? I mean. Theyre making some pretty extreme moves over in Iwata-land right now.

Slime said:
"Massive shock announcement" sounds to me like something on par with an entirely new mainline title, or Grey at the very least. Maybe even them breaking their "no consoles" rule and designing a main Wii U title (compatible with 3DS a la the new Smash Bros?).

...but it's probably Pokémate 2 exclusively for docomo devices or something.
I think a Pokemon Grey being DS/3DS release would be very possible. However, I wouldn't use the term "massive shock anouncement" as expectations for what kind of title it will be. The 3D Pokedex was hyped up a lot afterall.

I don't know why you guys think the 3DS is on it's death bed and if GF doesn't make a new big Pokemon game it's somehow doomed...you realize a Mario platformer and new MK are coming out, right? You realize the MK games now sell MORE than Pokemon does, right?

Big One

Banned
My prediction is that we're getting Gen 5.5 for the 3DS. They'll be both remakes and sequels to Pokemon Black and White taking place in the same region, but with 100 new Pokemon and a new graphical engine showing off the 3DS features.

I think it'd be odd to make Pokemon Grey on the 3DS, cause they would reuse the assets from Black and White which wouldn't blend well with the 3DS' features. Maybe it'll be a DS game if they do make it.

D-Pad

manueldelalas said:
Pokemon WiiU using the Xenoblade engine. Enormous environments, Pokemons visible and running all over the field, etc.
udivision said:
Time for a gratuitous use of my horrible mock-up!
http://i55.tinypic.com/143dp9z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I neeeed this.

BurntPork

Banned
Please tell me people aren't hoping for a Pokemon were you see the Pokemon out on the field in place of random battles...

Trike

Jeez, why are you guys guessing the best spin-off titles from the 90s? They are not gonna happen and it will break everyone's hearts. I wish it was Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow for VC and Pokemon Stadium for the Wii using some sort of connectivity. But I really want a new Pokemon Pinball the most.

Nuclear Muffin said:

Uh, I don't know if you are aware, but that is totally untrue. When he announced Pokemon Black/White on there the preview for it said that he would be announcing "Something pretty neat, but nothing to get too riled up about." I am guessing he will be announcing a Pokemon 3D remake, including full voice acting and a new revamped story that will have you in tears.

D-Pad

BurntPork said:
Please tell me people aren't hoping for a Pokemon were you see the Pokemon out on the field in place of random battles...
Or more like Tales, where you see *something* running on the field and then it takes you into the battle room.
WiiRevolution1 said:
Come on R/S remakes for 3DS. Or any mainland remake for 3DS, I want main Pokemon in 3D (in more ways than one)
My Sapphire clock battery died on me, so I would happily accept a R/S remake as well. As long as we get Emerald stuff too.

Boogiepop

If we're talking spinoffs, in order of what I want I'd love to see: Pokemon TCG, Pokemon Snap, or Pokemon Pinball make a comeback. All great spinoffs that are long overdue for another entry. Not much else would excite me outside of Grey or something, personally. Really hoping for TCG, as I love the game but cannot justify the money-sink of buying packs :(

wwm0nkey

Clearly the announcement is that they where able to make real life Pokemon and will be selling them at $1,000 a pop

would buy

pramath

Banned
Pokemon TerraRuby and AquaSapphire incoming, folks.
Mark my words, this announcement will be the Ruby/Sapphire remakes announcement.

Futureman

Zoramon089 said:
Also, if this is targeted at kids why even mention Masuda at all? Why not simply have someone on the show make the announcement? Since when did little kids know the names of the people who developed the games they play? What little kid is going "OMG, Junichi Masuda?! I'm SO excited!"

so they can excite little Japanese boys and middle-age men in the U.S. both at the same time.

Top Bottom