• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 7th | UK General Election 2015 OT - Please go vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, very clever answer to the 'What do you admire about David Cameron?' question, flips it point out how backward the rest of the Conservative Party can be.

This is going much better than I expected.

jonno394

For the first time in my life UK be voting tories. I reckon labour will get in though with a deal much like current tories/lib dems one.

Oooh, very clever answer to the 'What do you admire about David Cameron?' question, flips it point out how backward the rest of the Conservative Party can be.

Yup that was good. He's dealing quite well with more difficult questions.

Agreed, I like Cameron a lot but I'm far less keen on many of the other tories.

I still think Miliband will be the reason why the labour party lose this election if they do, I don't think he's particularly likeable.. Even if he did seem better tonight.

Carl

I'm sure you've all heard of my local constituency - Boston and Skegness. Safe Tory seat that will 100% go to UKIP this time around. Everyone i know is voting UKIP....

That's all there is to say really.

Empty

miliband did well in audience i think, very focused, good presentation, slick answers. his smiles at some of the harsher questions made him seem more human than his reputation suggests. more hostile questions than to dave but makes sense for the devil you don't know etc.

kay burley is incredibly awful

Maledict

I feel bad for saying it, but Ed Miliband outperformed David Cameron hugely so far. He came across as a human - a geeky human, but a person none the less. The answers on Cameron's qualities, and the situation with his brother were really well done.

(Slightly too many bacon sandwich jokes for my liking, but understand why he was doing them).

For the first time in my life UK be voting tories. I reckon labour will get in though with a deal much like current tories/lib dems one.
It would be a supply and confidence arrangement which in my opinion would be overall better for the country. The Lib Dems were played like a fiddle by the Conservatives.

I think, in lieu of an overall majority, it will be a better check and balance than a shadowy coalition agreement that is not published for the public to view.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The audience seems to have much tougher questions for Ed.
Kay Burley is acting differently as well.

That's because Kay is a true blue Conservative and makes no effort to hide it, unlike Paxman, a true professional.

I know a lot of people are "Kay harsher on Ed, unfair!" - and I guess there's a degree of 'one is Prime Minster', Kay probably was told to ramp it up as the first was boring.... but mainly, he coped. And he coped well, it doesn't matter.

Jezbollah

And how is that answer any better than me saying I'm voting Green? Are you ashamed of who you're voting for? I bet you're going UKIP, huh?

I wont be voting UKIP either.

My experience of the Greens (after several emails to and from my local party representative) paints a picture of a party who's policies are deeply misjudged and deeply mis-communicated to it's own members. They are a shambles of a party.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know a lot of people are "Kay harsher on Ed, unfair!" - and I guess there's a degree of 'one is Prime Minster', Kay probably was told to ramp it up as the first was boring.... but mainly, he coped. And he coped well, it doesn't matter.

Yup. Looking like a fairly comfortable Ed victory so far in the face of a stronger challenge. Still, Paxman is, as ever, the ultimate challenge!

I wont be voting UKIP either.

My experience of the Greens (after several emails to and from my local party representative) paints a picture of a party who's policies are deeply misjudged and deeply mis-communicated to it's own members. They are a shambles of a party.
I'm all for more women leaders in politics, but the Greens need to get Patrick Harvie up to the big job. I don't think he'd want to leave Holyrood though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He's... handling Paxman fairly well, too? What is this? What have they done with the real Ed Miliband?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see how you can think he's doing worse than Cameron? I mean, I'll hands up admit I have reasons to be biased, but trying to stand back for a moment: he's a) showing a ton more passion than Cameron, and b) is delivering some pretty reasonable arguments that sound less waffley than Cameron's did.

Empty

miliband has got himself in quicksand. cameron obfuscated and let paxman move on to a different topic asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom