• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 25/12 - 31/12

jimbo

Banned
Haunted_One said:
I'm always up for some predicting!

DS - 298k
Wii - 101k
PS3 - 74k
PS2 - 33k
PSP - 27k
360 - 19k
XBX- 2 (no, not k :p)

So when are we getting the new numbers?

Oh and how would the naysayers explain the 360 in Japan if it indeed manages to stay around the same numbers for the first week of the year?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
jimbo said:

Oh and how would the naysayers explain the 360 in Japan if it indeed manages to stay around the same numbers for the first week of the year?

The first week of the year is when kids in Japan spend all of their money they received from the holidays, so we'll have to wait a bit longer for the numbers to settle down.

Haunted

jimbo said:

didn't Panther say we'd get them later tonight? I just assumed he knew. ;)
Maybe they'll say that 12-18k on average w/o supply constraint is still a shitty number for a home console in Japan, I don't know. :p

duderon said:
The first week of the year is when kids in Japan spend all of their money they received from the holidays, so we'll have to wait a bit longer for the numbers to settle down.
I just realised that since it's the first week of the new year we can expect higher sales than in the last few, so I think should've predicted higher numbers. Oh well, I'll update them when/if there's a new prediction thread.

cvxfreak

Famitsu two weeks combined:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/top30/2007/01/11/120,1168503732,65421,0,0.html

h-121_65426_070126hard.jpg.jpg

Haunted_One said:
I just realised that since it's the first week of the new year we can expect higher sales than in the last few, so I think should've predicted higher numbers.
Just like the argument about whether or not the last week of the year should have bigger sales than the previous week, this isn't a safe bet since things haven't been consistent in recent years.

2002-2003: The week of 12-23 was slightly down from the week of 12-16, then the week of 12-30 became the actual sales peak week.

2003-2004: From weeks of 12-15 to 12-22 to 12-29 things just kept increasing.

2004-2005: The weak of 12-20 was the peak. 12-27 was lower than that, then the week of 01-03 was even lower.

2005-2006: The week of 12-19 was the peak. The week of 12-27, everything went down. The week of 01-02 most things were even or slightly up, except DS which crashed due to shortages.

Top Bottom