• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/23 - 03/02

Paracelsus

Moor-Angol said:
it might happen, February is one of the slowest week for sales and remember that japanese people buy games when there are games to be bought.

in the past we had 1 big title for PS3 and nothing else for weeks, in March PS3 has 2 big titles on the shelves : Yakuza 3, RE5 (and Musou Orochi Z coming soon, there are also minor releases, but not so important for moving hardware).

Wii has nothing, i mean, Nintendo games move hardware and incoming games from Nintendo (actually) are 2 Gamecube rereleases...

comparing this situation with occasionally 360 momentums is basically wrong, 360 has major hits 3-4 times every year...

of course i might be wrong :)

PS3 fell like a rock after DMC4 last year, from a 15-20k average to sub-10k numbers. Now, it has a chance to keep itself above 15k for another month at least, but what will happen when the FFXIII demo will be gone?

markatisu

gantz85 said:
By that logic, couldn't Sony release new colors of the PS3 simultaneously along with a price drop to counter counter Nintendo's move? :lol

They can barely afford to lower the price, I can't imagine they would be able to absorb new colors on any grand scale

Based on the latest Famitsu hardware numbers...
PSP comparisons: After 220 weeks, PSP is where PS2 was at 171.7 weeks (June 13, 2003), where DS was at 97.4 weeks (October 11, 2006), and where GBA was at 148.3 weeks (January 20, 2004).

X360 comparisons: After 168 weeks, X360 is where GCN was at 16.2 weeks (December 31, 2001), where PS3 was at 31.8 weeks (June 15, 2007), and where Wii was at 4.8 weeks (December 30, 2006).

PS3 comparisons: After 120 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 34.4 weeks (October 25, 2000), where PSP was at 58.8 weeks (January 20, 2006), where GCN was at 119.1 weeks (December 22, 2003), and where Wii was at 31.3 weeks (July 3, 2007).

PS3 and GCN streams have crossed again, for what should be the next-to-last time. GCN numbers were pretty poor from much past this point, so the next time PS3 gets ahead it should be for good.
PS3+in+terms+of+GCN

Wii comparisons: After 117 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 93.9 weeks (January 4, 2003), where DS was at 75.5 weeks (May 10, 2006), where PS2 was at 112.3 weeks (April 23, 2002), and where PSP was at 162.7 weeks (January 18, 2008).

DSi comparisons: After 17 weeks, DSi is where GBASP was at 36.0 weeks (October 19, 2003), and where DSL was at 12.4 weeks (May 24, 2006).

At this point early-DSL is pretty clearly pulling away from early-DSi.
DSi+in+terms+of+DSL

Based on the latest Media Create hardware numbers...
DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 57.2 / 42.8 bring total shares to 68.8 / 31.2. If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 397.0 weeks (October 9, 2016).

X360 vs PS3: Weekly shares of 24.4 / 75.6 bring total shares to 24.8 / 75.2. If PS3 stopped selling and X360 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 162.3 weeks (April 11, 2012).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 67.1 / 32.9 bring total shares to 26.8 / 73.2. This is the highest weekly share PS3 has had versus Wii since Wii launched, though it has been over 60% on three previous occasions. At this week's rates PS3 catches up to Wii in 265.3 weeks (April 2, 2014). If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 135.4 weeks (October 5, 2011).

Week over week, PS3 has a bump and X360 returns from one. The rest don't share any common movement.
X360

Through the first nine weeks of the year, almost everything is down by some degree. Here's how the year-to-date year-over-year percents stand as of now.

Wii: -61.5%
DSL+DSi: -5.4%
PS2: -55.8%
PS3: -19.0%
PSP: -40.9%
X360: +181.0%

Home hardware: -44.0%
Portable hardware: -23.1%
Sum of all hardware: -32.3%

Pachael said:
Sony has yet to release their magnum opus: GT5.
Seems to me like they won't stop releasing it.

Spiegel said:
It would be interesting to see the change of software sales comparing last year with this year. I bet Wii is significantly down and PSP and PS3? up
Wii would pretty much have to be down by a lot. This year there's been no major release, while last year by the time March rolled around Brawl alone was at 1.4 million.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
PS3 never had a problem selling games (imo) but those games selling well didn't change the poor hardware sales.

Without a good stream of games coming every month and a price drop Ps3 is not going to sell >10/15k per week. And that's a shame

Agreed. I'd be thinking a bit differently if PS3 had a great lineup coming up..but they don't.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
gantz85 said:
By that logic, couldn't Sony release new colors of the PS3 simultaneously along with a price drop to counter counter Nintendo's move? :lol

Remember the PS3 is an expensive piece of hardware to make so just doing a different color without charging more might be hard for Sony to do, whereas the Wii is cheaper to make and Nintendo probably already have plans to release different Wii colors very soon.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Wii would pretty much have to be down by a lot. This year there's been no major release, while last year by the time March rolled around Brawl alone was at 1.4 million.

In first half of 2008 Wii had Brawl and Mario Kart, in first half of 2009 Wii had nothing, considering the top selling game is a dec.2007 release...

schuelma said:
Agreed. I'd be thinking a bit differently if PS3 had a great lineup coming up..but they don't.

Its odd that the Western line up seems so strong, gearing towards the holidays. While Japans line up is next to non existant, and has already seen its major releases (bar FFXII obviously), I mean it has a few like Tecmos game and shit..but not system sellers.

schuelma

pseudocaesar said:
Its odd that the Western line up seems so strong, gearing towards the holidays. While Japans line up is next to non existant, and has already seen its major releases (bar FFXII obviously), I mean it has a few like Tecmos game and shit..but not system sellers.

Yeah. I've said it a lot, but I'm really curious about Japanese announcements these next few months. All the original big HD games have come and gone (sans FF13). The HD release list looks really barren. Either we're going to see a lot of big announcements coming, or we're going to see a clear shift to handhelds and Wii.

All three parties just need to announce some freaking games(that'll come out this year!) that's all there is to it.

They're in the position where they can simply fund the development of anything third parties are interested in doing. How everyone can seemingly afford to sit on their hands this year really doesn't make much sense.

Sure the handhelds are doing great but how can Sony/MS/Nintendo expect to sell people on their respective next-gen systems if they're not consistently supporting them?

Paracelsus

pseudocaesar said:
Its odd that the Western line up seems so strong

It's odd to try recovering userbase in the market where the smallest gap you have from the competitors is 7 millions? ._.

Sure the handhelds are doing great but how can Sony/MS/Nintendo expect to sell people on their respective next-gen systems if they're not consistently supporting them?

How much would cost to Sony/MS/Nintendo to build a steady release cycle of good Japanese-focused titles? More than it would be worth, I guess.

obaidr

Banned
pseudocaesar said:

i really ask my self where the PS3 would be if all those exclusive JRPGs would be on PS3. Microsofts strategy seems to work in one way. Even if their effort did not helped them to reach the japanese market (having almost 1 mil. systems sold after three years is not good) they stopped sony to increasing their marktshare of the HD console market.

You can say microsoft basically slowed the HD gaming market in Japan down to the point it is now. Maybe it is worth it for them in long term but atleast they hurted sony as much as they could with this move which will probably help them in the international market (sony makes losses and cannot drop the price).

RpgN

test_account said:
If i am checking the correct week at Garaph.info, then the PS2 had an installbase of 4,574,562 when FFX was released (2001-07-16). This number also includes the hardware numbers from the first week of sales of FFX if i am not mistaken. FFX sold 1,749,737 copies in the first week of sales.

If FFXIII comes out in winter 2009, maybe the PS3 can have a installbase of something around 4 millon, or relatively close to it? I guess it depends on if the PS3 will get a price drop before or when FFXIII gets released. Comparing this the FFX software and the PS2 hardware numbers, maybe FFXIII can sell over 1 million copies in it's first week of sales, if the first shipment is that big at least. I think it should be interesting to see :)

pseudocaesar said:
I think this gen shows us that franchises sell huge despite install bases, ie Yakuza and Resi 5 outselling predecessors on smaller install bases (First Day numbers, correct if im wrong). I think FFXIII will sell at least 1.5 million, and the PS3 should be well over 3 million units by then anyway.

Don't forget that FFX sold more than FFX-2 with a smaller userbase. In any case, SE is probably hoping for the ps3 userbase to grow big enough to sell their game compared to previous entries, we'll see if that will be possible. Both of you guys have different opinions and I can't disagree with both of them, only time will tell. It will be exciting indeed.

markatisu said:
We will know by May if there is actual momentum, right now all this is showing is the PS3 can succeed only when super highly budgeted games come out. Its the MGS4 effect just we had multiple big games come out in succession

After FFXIII Demo hits are we just going to drop like a rock once again?

Karma said:
Depends on what you mean by has a chance? It is not going to outsell the Wii LTD if that is what you mean.

Of course not, 3 vs 8 is impossible unless Nintendo REALLY screw things up. I was more thinking of how the PSP handled itself after declared death or irrelevant. Sony could take advantage of that momentun and make the ps3 relevant again. Good enough to be a second choice for developers when announcing new games or certain genres. Now the gap is not as big like the ds vs psp, so the ps3 could be close to the wii like 2-3 million difference. If sony plays things smart that is and (and now I'm responding to markatisu) if Nintendo doesn't do anything worthwhile to improve the situation. Sony won't be able gain that momentun only by having a few games, but also if Nintendo keeps releasing nothing (as of late) and losing momentum. If they stay like that untill June for Wii Resort, it might not make a difference.

I'm not exaggerating about the situation BTW It's not like Nintendo is dooomed in Japan or something. They are just losing momentum now and it's up to them how they are going to handle things from now. Will they be aggressive and edit their current strategy/schedule? Or will they leave the things they are now and keep it arrogant?

Paracelsus said:
How much would cost to Sony/MS/Nintendo to build a steady release cycle of good Japanese-focused titles? More than it would be worth, I guess.

It shouldn't even take that much work. All they have to do is convince a few companies(a good mixture of bigger and smaller ones) to release a game or two on their system. Provided the game has strong marketing and is appealing to what Japanese gamers are currently into everything else should fall into place.

Or hell at least release some more first party games. Nintendo has no excuse to be lacking in those.

pseudocaesar said:

I interpret it as them having little experience handling mulitplatform development. It seems that in previous generations the majority of Japanese developers lined up behind one system, making it a self-fulfilling prophecy that that system became the one system that thrived, with other systems getting token support.

Now however from a software point of view, they are looking at 4 viable system (without starting an argument as to which is the most viable) for the home market, 5 viable systems internationally. At the moment third party releases are spread across multiple platforms. Even factoring out the non-dominant handhelds, if the releases for the Wii and PS3 were on one console you'd end up with a pretty decent looking list. Throw in the 360 stuff and it'd be even moreso.

I guess the question is, will one system reach that tipping point where it can pull the majority of support towards it, and create that self-perpetuating cycle. Or will this stalemate just last?

markatisu

RpgN said:
I'm not exaggerating about the situation BTW It's not like Nintendo is dooomed in Japan or something. They are just losing momentum now and it's up to them how they are going to handle things from now. Will they be aggressive and edit their current strategy/schedule? Or will they leave the things they are now and keep it arrogant?

One would hope they have something, or at least plans for something. That would be take some major balls to have just written off Q1 completely.

But then again maybe they feel a ~5m console lead is enough padding, thats one heck of a risky gamble

obaidr

Banned
markatisu said:
One would hope they have something, or at least plans for something. That would be take some major balls to have just written off Q1 completely.

But then again maybe they feel a ~5m console lead is enough padding, thats one heck of a risky gamble

They have so many games. I mean they can release all this games in this fiscal year and everyone will be million seller:

mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*

*Put random name in the empty space.

donny2112

obaidr said:
i really ask my self where the Wii would be if all those PS360 exclusive JRPGs would be on Wii. PS360s strategy seems to work in one way. Even if their effort did not helped them to reach the japanese market (having almost 4 mil. systems sold after three years is not good) they stopped Nintendo to increasing their marktshare of the HD console market from reaching PS2 levels.

You can say PS360 basically slowed the HD gaming market in Japan down to the point it is now. Maybe it is worth it for them in long term but atleast they hurted Nintendo as much as they could with this move which will probably help them in the international market.

Alternate take.

obaidr said:
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*
mario ______*

*Put random name in the empty space.

Hur.

Rolf NB

I don't believe colors can provide anywhere near the bump for a console as they do for handhelds. Consoles aren't fashion items you can stow away in a drawer and pull one out to match the occasion. You put them in a semi-permanent spot. Unless you start placing them in different rooms, multiples are impractical.

Dragon

Banned
donny2112 said:
Alternate take..

When was the last time a Nintendo console had major jRPGs? The SNES? I think it's pretty funny that Microsoft is the one that allegedly is just throwing money at them while Sony and Nintendo just twiddle their thumbs.

Perdew

bcn-ron said:
I don't believe colors can provide anywhere near the bump for a console as they do for handhelds. Consoles aren't fashion items you can stow away in a drawer and pull one out to match the occasion. You put them in a semi-permanent spot. Unless you start placing them in different rooms, multiples are impractical.

Multiples for the single owner are generally impractical. What if people view the Wii the same way they view a DVD player? One on one TV for the kids, another in the Wii Fit centered workout room. Who knows! It's a pain having to re-adjust that sensor bar/settings!

bcn-ron said:
It's Japan, dood. Fucking everything here is a fashion item.

Perdew said:
Multiples for the single owner are generally impractical. What if people view the Wii the same way they view a DVD player? One on one TV for the kids, another in the Wii Fit centered workout room. Who knows! It's a pain having to re-adjust that sensor bar/settings!

i'm sure they're gonna spend that much money in order to avoid adjusting a sensor-bar and moving cables around the house (like japanese people live in mansions, btw...)

colors usually attract new owners, double dipping isn't really that part of the equation or, for an old system (not the case of the wii), it pushes the consumer to replace his old console with a shiny new one.

donny2112

bcn-ron said:

Definitely. The same applies for form factor revisions. Changing the form factor of something you constantly have in your hands, especially making it more portable, can help a lot. Changing the form factor of something that sits on a shelf isn't nearly as helpful. In the console space, games, games, games, and price make the largest lasting impacts.

I still can't freaking believe that third-parties have released 5 games with enough effort to make the MC Top 50 (honestly not that hard of an accomplishment with decent advertising) for this whole stinking year for the Wii, when they have 10 each for the PS3 and 360, with some of those being exclusive to the particular console. Ridiculous. No wonder each Wii third-party release is scrutinized so closely in these threads. There hardly are any.

Eteric Rice

Colors would probably cause a small bump for a week or two, but nothing significant.

I think Nintendo is going to release a revision of the Wii in the not so distant future. Maybe a Wii that upscales, etc. If they do that and release some good games along with it, they can give the Wii a shot in the arm that will carry it for a long time.

Whens the next conference, anyway? GDC, E3, TGS coming anytime soon?

Perdew

°°ToMmY°° said:
i'm sure they're gonna spend that much money in order to avoid adjusting a sensor-bar and moving cables around the house (like japanese people live in mansions, btw...)

colors usually attract new owners, double dipping isn' rwally that part of the equation or, for an old system (not the case of the wii), push the consumer to replace his old console with a shiny new one.

I thought the exclamation marks would denote my sarcasm! (I'm actually an expert on Japanese culture!)

I don't think I've ever heard a truly convincing reason as to why new colors actually boost sales so significantly, even in handhelds.

[Nintex]

Eteric Rice said:
Colors would probably cause a small bump for a week or two, but nothing significant.

I think Nintendo is going to release a revision of the Wii in the not so distant future. Maybe a Wii that upscales, etc. If they do that and release some good games along with it, they can give the Wii a shot in the arm that will carry it for a long time.
They've got the Motion Plus ready to go, and I expect them to do something at the GDC as well. Excitebots has just been announced and is releasing in April, who knows what they got cooking besides Zelda, Pikmin 3 and Wii Sports Resort. Hardware isn't Nintendo's problem, software is.

Laguna

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
When was the last time a Nintendo console had major jRPGs? The SNES? I think it's pretty funny that Microsoft is the one that allegedly is just throwing money at them while Sony and Nintendo just twiddle their thumbs.

I agree that the X360 got most JRPG so far but the reasons were stated thousands times, a year headstart and MS moneyhatting. And what´s left after SO4 release? Right now there´s no RPG announced since FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan that may change in future and there could be some announcements but right now it´s looking empty for X360. The only RPGs that are announced right now are FFXIII+Versus for PS3 and Talesof, DQX, Arc Rise Fantasy and more action adventure oriented Kizuna, Valhalla Knights for Wii.

°°ToMmY°° said:

colors usually attract new owners, double dipping isn't really that part of the equation or, for an old system (not the case of the wii), it pushes the consumer to replace his old console with a shiny new one.
Actually, if you get outside the major cities, most Japanese live in houses comparable to North Americans'. I don't blame people for not knowing that though, the media rarely wanders outside of Tokyo.

Eteric Rice

[Nintex] said:
They've got the Motion Plus ready to go, and I expect them to do something at the GDC as well. Excitebots has just been announced and is releasing in April, who knows what they got cooking besides Zelda, Pikmin 3 and Wii Sports Resort. Hardware isn't Nintendo's problem, software is.

No, but a revision with extra features can potentially re-ignite interest in the platform.

Right now there's no third party game that isn't far away to do that.

markatisu

Eteric Rice said:
Whens the next conference, anyway? GDC, E3, TGS coming anytime soon?

GDC (March 23-27) followed by E3 in May

Iwata is giving a keynote :"Discovering New Development Opportunities"
Wednesday, March 25th, 9-10am

The development of both Nintendo DS and Wii was based on the idea that the video game consumer base could be broadened if the definition of a video game…and ways to access games…were viewed differently. The fact that these platforms have been accepted so enthusiastically around the world shows that there is opportunity for developers to stretch the boundaries of what was previously viewed as possible in terms of realizing a creative vision.

In his keynote address, Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata will talk about Nintendo’s role in creating better tools and bringing opportunities for developers to introduce their innovative ideas to a marketplace that is increasingly willing and eager to embrace new game design possibilities.

test_account

XP-39C²
RpgN said:
Don't forget that FFX sold more than FFX-2 with a smaller userbase. In any case, SE is probably hoping for the ps3 userbase to grow big enough to sell their game compared to previous entries, we'll see if that will be possible. Both of you guys have different opinions and I can't disagree with both of them, only time will tell. It will be exciting indeed.
That is true, but i wonder about how much a bigger userbase would mean for the Final Fantasy sales. If there is a bigger installbase, then there might be a bigger chance that more people are buying the games, i dont say anything against that, but take for example Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Both of these Metal Gear Solid games sold almost the same amount of copies in their first week, even if the PS3 userbase were bigger when Metal Gear Solid 3 was released. Metal Gear Solid 4 also sold more in it's first week compared to what Metal Gear Solid 3 sold in it's first week, and the PS3 userbase were smaller than the PS2 userbase when Metal Gear Solid 3 was released compared to when Metal Gear Solid 4 was released.

I wonder if something like this can apply to Final Fantasy as well. However, it is true as you say, FFX sold more than FFX-2, so this might be an indicator that several of people have gone tired of the Final Fantasy games. It should be interesting to see if many people have lost the interest in Final Fantasy so they wont buy FFXIII.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bttb said:
First Day Sales (03/05)

[PS3] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) - 222k
[360] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) - 56k
[NDS] 7th Dragon (Sega) - 60k
[PS2] Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc (Bandai Namco) - 21k

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10219230414.html

7th Dragon why you DS owners ...buy the game dammit :C

@ RE5

seriously Japanese developers , all of you , make your HD games multi in Japan to get PS3 sales , and exclusive for 360 in US to get your moneyhat from MS , win-win I guess ?

[Nintex]

markatisu said:
GDC (March 23-27) followed by E3 in May

Iwata is giving a keynote :"Discovering New Development Opportunities"
Wednesday, March 25th, 9-10am
People are expecting him to push WiiWare and DSiWare, hence the name "New Development Opportunities". Some wouldn't put it past Nintendo to announce the M+ release there as well.

Perdew

Segata Sanshiro said:
Actually, if you get outside the major cities, most Japanese live in houses comparable to North Americans'. I don't blame people for not knowing that though, the media rarely wanders outside of Tokyo.

I was actually envisioning the house from Visitor Q as I wrote my original post.

By the way, my original comment was in regards to a significant one week bump, and whether for a week, which would cause the greater impact.

Totobeni said:
seriously Japanese developers , all of you , make your HD games multi in Japan to get PS3 sales , and exclusive for 360 in US to get your moneyhat from MS , win-win I guess ?
Oh here. Let me send them my multi-platform magic wand. Guaranteed to instantly make any PS360 game work crossplatform.

hitachi-magic-wand.jpg

markatisu

[Nintex] said:
People are expecting him to push WiiWare and DSiWare, hence the name "New Development Opportunities". Some wouldn't put it past Nintendo to announce the M+ release there as well.

But if he pushes WiiWare at least thats pushing something for the Wii is it not?

The way GDC laid out the description it sounds more like its going to be tailored to M+

Satoru Iwata will talk about Nintendo’s role in creating better tools and bringing opportunities for developers to introduce their innovative ideas to a marketplace that is increasingly willing and eager to embrace new game design

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Laguna said:
I agree that the X360 got most JRPG so far but the reasons were stated thousands times, a year headstart and MS moneyhatting. And what´s left after SO4 release? Right now there´s no RPG announced since FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan that may change in future and there could be some announcements but right now it´s looking empty for X360. The only RPGs that are announced right now are FFXIII+Versus for PS3 and Talesof, DQX, Arc Rise Fantasy and more action adventure oriented Kizuna, Valhalla Knights for Wii.

Mass Effect for the 360 is coming in April I think....yea I know it is not a JRPG....

Spiegel

[Nintex] said:

We talk a lot about Nintendo announcing and releasing games within 3/4 months but this is not so true.

In the October 2nd conference Nintendo announced:

# Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 2009
# Trace Memory: R, Gateway of Memory (Nintendo) 2009
# Kensax (Nintendo) 2009
# Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009
# Spawn Smasher (Nintendo) 2009
# Dynamic Smash (Nintendo) 2009
# Takt of Magic (Nintendo) 2009
# Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo) 2009
# Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo) 2009
# Line Attack Heroes (Nintendo) 2009

Only Another Code has been dated (and released) so that makes 9 games announced 6 months at least before their release + Wii Sports Resort (10 months).

Nintendo has games announced. Yeah they aren't blockbusters but maybe this is everything they have at the moment

schuelma

Spiegel said:
Nintendo has games announced

Yup. Now those games aren't internally developed and don't seem to be games to push systems, but Nintendo does have stuff slated for 2009.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
Nintendo has games announced. Yeah they aren't blockbusters but maybe is everything they have at the moment

Well Excitebots was just announced as a game this week, so I would think Nintendo has more in reserve then we know. System sellers or not they are still games (and I am not sure if Excitebots would go over well in JP either)

The problem with what they have announced is a majority of it is not being released yet :lol

Rolf NB

schuelma said:
Yeah. I've said it a lot, but I'm really curious about Japanese announcements these next few months. All the original big HD games have come and gone (sans FF13). The HD release list looks really barren. Either we're going to see a lot of big announcements coming, or we're going to see a clear shift to handhelds and Wii.
I don't want to get into an argument about how much they can sell, but we know of a few things already. BlazBlue, Bayonetta and Quantum Theory are slated for 2009, and if the affiliation with Capcom teaches Airtight Games how to make a game with Japanese appeal, maybe we can count Dark Void as well.

Plus KOEI might pump another couple as-yet unannounced games out of their low-budget sequel machine again, be it another Bladestorm, Gundam vs Dynasty, whatever. Nippon Ichi likewise has a track record for short time between announcement and release (six months for Disgaea 3).

Segata Sanshiro said:

the more i know :p

Spiegel

markatisu said:
Well Excitebots was just announced as a game this week, so I would think Nintendo has more in reserve then we know. System sellers or not they are still games (and I am not sure if Excitebots would go over well in JP either)

The problem with what they have announced is a majority of it is not being released yet :lol

Well, we knew Monster Games was working on a Wii (Nintendo) racing game for months. We know 10 of the Nintendo published games coming between May and the end of the year in Japan so I don't expect a japanese blockbuster from Nintendo announced soon and released within 3 months.

I think that for the next 6 months Nintendo has Motion+, Gamecube ports, the October conference games and Wii Sports Resort. Wii Sports 2 is their blockbuster game until October/November

But of course I could be wrong.

Lack of JRPGs? Don't panic! Namco to the rescue!

topics_img_tofes2.jpg

Sunday 14th June / Tickets from 4800Y

couldn't find a better way to post this without having a 100% flame dedicated thread

Segata Sanshiro said:

WTF there's a country outside of Tokyo?

Many people / media seem to think people in S.Korea live in 5x5 apartments or something as well. Even apartments in the city are pretty big.

Top Bottom