• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/17 - 09/23 2007

AniHawk

Ether_Snake said:
If you want to get an idea of how important third parties are in Nintendo's eyes then just look at how important they are to Sony and even moreso to Microsoft.

I'm sure if Sony and Microsoft had better first party games, they wouldn't care about third parties either.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ether_Snake said:
If you want to get an idea of how important third parties are in Nintendo's eyes then just look at how important they are to Sony and even moreso to Microsoft.

Then come back and blame third parties again.

Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about third parties, so blame them first.
This argument is so retarded. Do you even have anything to back this up besides the rants of Dave Perry?

felipeko

HyperionX said:
DS and Wii are no longer untouchable as they were a few months ago. A slew of good games and a price drop and PS3 could easily beat them, as has the PSP.
It was always about that. The problem is that the games the market seems to want are no longer the same of PS era.

A slew of good games is enough to rise wii to heaven again. And when i look at release dates, seems that the biggest games will come faster to Wii than PS3. Sorry.

Link said:
This argument is so retarded. Do you even have anything to back this up besides the rants of Dave Perry?

It's obviously Nintendo's fault that third party games suck on their system.
Nintendo should fully fund them and oversee them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Link said:

Err, numerous exclusives, Sony spending millions to get FFVII on their console, MS giving Halo 3 beta passes for those who buy Crackdown, MS securing exclusives for its console and spending money for the marketing, Sony making its online service more open to third parties, Sony and MS sending programmers over to Rockstar to help them with GTAIV, etc. Yeah I can name a LOT of examples.

The Wii sold a lot because it came out cheap during a generation-transition phase where new consoles were/are expensive and few games were being released. In one year from now you can be sure it will settle for good in third place.

AniHawk

Ether_Snake said:
The Wii sold a lot because it came out cheap during a generation-transition phase where new consoles were/are expensive and few games were being released. In one year from now you can be sure it will settle for good in third place.

Behind DS Lite and DS Ultra Lite.

botticus

Ether_Snake said:
Err, numerous exclusives, Sony spending millions to get FFVII on their console, MS giving Halo 3 beta passes for those who buy Crackdown, MS securing exclusives for its console and spending money for the marketing, Sony making its online service more open to third parties, Sony and MS sending programmers over to Rockstar to help them with GTAIV, etc. Yeah I can name a LOT of examples.

Wow.

Just for fun though:

Crackdown
Published by: Microsoft Game Studios

Ether_Snake said:

How do you come to that conclusion?
Even at selling far less than it had been, in Japan, it's still selling much more than the PS3, which has also been dropping.
And the other consoles can't even touch it in the US.

donny2112

Nintendo loaning its franchises to third-parties. Nintendo setting up a third-party help team to help them come to grips with the Wii hardware and programming for it. Nintendo purposefully backing off DS development to allow third-parties more opportunity. Nintendo providing a free online service and letting third-parties set up their own, if desired (see: EA). Iwata actively courting third-party companies (not a big deal compared to MS and Sony, but a huge shift from Yamauchi).

Edit:
Nintendo doesn't need third-parties like MS and Sony do, but that doesn't mean it is shunning them.

legend166

HyperionX said:
DS and Wii are no longer untouchable as they were a few months ago. A slew of good games and a price drop and PS3 could easily beat them, as has the PSP.

You see, the problem with that is unless a slew of good games can be made in 2 months, it's not going to happen. We know the release schedules for all the platforms through the end of 2007. Go have a look at them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I was working on a counter-argument, but you know what? It's not worth it after that last post.

legend166

Ether_Snake said:

Those examples are horrible.

Stop posting.

TheTruth523 said:
PSP 277,794

Nintendo:
happycrybaby4.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/TheTruth523/TREXSHOOPDAWOOP.gif

you really need to change your avatar. see: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184138

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mojo said:
Don't worry guys, in a parallel universe the DS is still outselling the PSP.
"So there's an infinite number of parallel universes?"

"No, just the two."

Gifs cannot express my reaction to seeing the PSP nearly at 300k and the DS under 100k. What sort of bizarro
PSP Slim launch week
world have I stepped into?

lupin23rd

Jiggy37 said:
So, PSP + DSL + GBM + GBASP + GBA + DS = 348,714.
Wii + PS2 + PS3 + 360 + GC = 48,852.

Seeing the home consoles at only ~14% of the portables makes me giddy. Pac-Man in celebration?

Dude that's called a fucking tragedy.

apujanata

Ether_Snake said:

Willing to do a year ban bet on it ? I am willing to bet that by Sep 27, 2008 (one year later), Wii Japan LTD will still stay ahead of PS3 LTD, in Japan. Wii Japan LTD will also stay ahead of X360 LTD, in Japan (which nobody in their right mind can doubt).

If you do not dare to do a one year ban bet, then please shut up, and stop spouting improbable scenario.

Taurus

apujanata said:
Willing to do a year ban bet on it ? I am willing to bet that by Sep 27, 2008 (one year later), Wii Japan LTD will still stay ahead of PS3 LTD, in Japan. Wii Japan LTD will also stay ahead of X360 LTD, in Japan (which nobody in their right mind can doubt).

If you do not dare to do a one year ban bet, then please shut up, and stop spouting improbable scenario.
Ether_Snake, I'll join apujanata in this one so you'll have a great chance to smash two bugs at one time.

My bet: I am willing to bet that by Sep 27, 2008 (one year later), Wii Japan LTD will still stay ahead of PS3 LTD, in Japan. A life time ban for me if I'm wrong.

So, are you ready to stand behind your words Ether_Snake?

apujanata said:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read all week. The dude has every right to offer whatever scenario he wants up for debate, with or without ban bets.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AltogetherAndrews said:
That's the most ridiculous thing I've read all week. The dude has every right to offer whatever scenario he wants up for debate, with or without ban bets.

Yes, and other people have the right to call him out for dreaming up impossible scenarios.

Odysseus

Banned
schuelma said:
Yes, and other people have the right to call him out for dreaming up impossible scenarios.

it was the mandate of a ban bet that drew the ire, not other people taking issue with dude's claims

Vinnk

I`m back from TGS. Sadly I don't have internet st home right now (due to moving) so I don't know if I will have a report for this week. But by next week everything should be back to normal.

And wow! What numbers to return to!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AltogetherAndrews said:
Of course. But telling him to agree to a ban bet or to please shut up, that is ridiculous.

Fair enough.

Odysseus

Banned
davepoobond said:
what the hell @ ds and wii numbers. why are they slowing down so much??

maybe wii and ds sales are leading economic indicators in japan and the country is headed for recession.

test_account

XP-39C²
Great numbers for PSP :) Going to be exciting to see how long it holds and how the next few weeks will be.

Im suprised that Wii actually dropped considering that 2 fairly big (?) releases got out last week. Altho these 2 games didnt sell all that much, i would still think Wii would atleast be the same as last week or some thousands higher.

test_account said:
Im suprised that Wii actually dropped considering that 2 fairly big (?) releases got out last week. Altho these 2 games didnt sell all that much, i would still think Wii would atleast be the same as last week or some thousands higher.
I give you a D- in Critical Thinking.

test_account

XP-39C²
Segata Sanshiro said:
I give you a D- in Critical Thinking.
That means i've passed right? I'm not that familiar with american grades. What do you mean with critical thinking? I was surprised that it didnt stayed stable or went up a few thousands due to Katana and Mario Strikers. I dont think many thought it would actually drop from last week.

Grecco

So it took two weeks of the PSP outselling everything else to get people to think the Wii is a fad? :lol jesus wait a litle bit longer before acting all cracy again.

apujanata

Odysseus said:
it was the mandate of a ban bet that drew the ire, not other people taking issue with dude's claims

Ether_Snake said:

If he put "it is possible" instead of "you can be sure", I will not ask him to shut up if he did not dare to do a ban bet. Anyway, I might have overreacted a little bit with the "please shut up" wording, so I withdraw that. I am still open if Ether_Snake still want to do a "one year ban bet" with me. :)

test_account said:
Great numbers for PSP :) Going to be exciting to see how long it holds and how the next few weeks will be.

I wouldn't put Katana and Strikers as "fairly big". Strikers is only #37 in GC LTD list (on Moor-Angol's site)

Top Bottom