• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/3 - 12/9 2007

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ethelred said:
And that's why you'll never get another Chrono game. Suck on it.

Even if it wasn't a real "sequel" it was still one of the best RPG experiences ever. Haters be damned to all mighty hell riding a motherfucking pogo stick up their ass.

Grecco

ethelred said:
And that's why you'll never get another Chrono game. Suck on it.

Meh i bought it. Thought it was terrible dreck though. .Sorry.

Even if it wasn't a real "sequel" it was still one of the best RPG experiences ever. Haters be damned to all mighty hell riding a motherfucking pogo stick up their ass.

Not really its just awfull

reilo

Grecco said:
Meh i bought it. Thought it was terrible dreck though. .Sorry.

Not really its just awfull

009791.jpg

Ride it.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
McDragon said:
Chrono Cross is awesome.

It is awesome, but it still is a side-story and not a real sequel. I would prefer the game had a different name, because it just doesn't fit on the Chrono Trigger universe.
It should have been called Final Fantasy 8, and FF8 should have been scrapped

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
While we're on the topic of Mitsuda, I just want to note that he was 20 when he started worked with Square, and only 22 when he composed his Chrono Trigger stuff. That's more than 10 years younger than Uematsu when he started with Square, and more than 10 years younger than Kikuta when he did Secret of Mana.

Sakimoto is also very impressive on that note. He was similarly only 24 when he did Ogre Battle.

Makes me wish I was striving for career advancement instead of posting on a message board.

EDarkness

Posted from another thread....

Went out today to my local stores to do some Christmas shopping and here are my impressions so far:

(I live in Japan, by the way.)

Wii: Selling pretty fast. I spent about an hour wandering around the electronic store (Bic Camera) looking for something to get my roommate for Christmas and every couple of minutes someone would buy a Wii. The funny thing is that the NTT deal where they help you connect your Wii online seems to be doing pretty well. Looks like there some kind of discount if you buy a Wii and the salespeople there are pushing it like crazy. The store had a huge pile of Wiis and were selling them at a brisk pace. Wii Fit is all sold out. I went to another store and they didn't have any either. Strangely enough, I saw many people buying Wii games. The big ones seems to be Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, We Love Golf, Mario & Sonic, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Simple Series games, Naruto EX 2, and some other game I can't remember the name of. Bic got a new shipment of No More Heroes, which I saw the guy behind the counter unpacking (should have taken a pic), though I've only seen someone buy the game once. The other store I went to was sold out of Wii Fit, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon, and the new shooter that just came out (the one that was just announced for the Wii in the states).

Some people were looking at other games like Soul Calibur Legends, NiGHTS, and Dragon Ball Z 3. I'm starting the think the big problem with Wii games here is that there are way too many to choose from. One guy was there as long as I was looking at all of the games, but seemed lost on what to get. A few other people were like that, too. One guy said he didn't know anything about some of the games and was trying to decide by the box art (he had some game I don't remember the name of (some anime game) in his hand at the time. Can't help but think that NiGHTS is gonna tank hard here. Everything else should do okay. Oh, and Chocobo Mystery Dungeon looks cool. Love the trailer for it at the store.

PSP: I think the situation here is the same as it is in the States. Lots of units selling, especially the new red color. Unfortunately, I didn't see one person buy a game. I would assume this can't be a good thing. Not much else to say, but Sony should release new colors every week or something. Heh, heh.

PS3: I only saw a couple of PS3s get sold, but it seems like GT5 Prologue is doing okay. Lots of people standing around drooling over the video of the game, but I only saw a couple of people buy it. There's a demo of some games up and I think DMC4 is available. I'm going to try it sometime this week when I get a chance. I saw a couple people pick up the new Dynasty Warriors game, but overall not much software movement. The NTT guys were trying to sell one of the PS3 40GB systems, but I think they mistakingly convinced the person to buy a Wii instead, because I saw the guy leaving the store with a Wii instead of a PS3.

At the small store near where I work, I saw more GT5 movement, but still no systems sold. More people standing around drooling at the video, but not many buying it seems.

360: Not much to say here, other than I saw someone carrying a 360 box (empty) around the store, but later saw him with nothing. Don't know if he picked it up. Saw a couple copies of LO get moved, but not much else. This is Japan, so not much more to say about it. :(

DS: All that needs to be said is the DS is king. Lots of systems sold, lots of software sold, and software of all varieties. DQ is all sold out and Layton seems to be doing well. Will be interesting to see the numbers this week, but I kind of expect another huge week for the DS. It's always funny to see people of all ages browsing the DS section.

Overall, the places I went to were packed. Lots of people moving around and either buying something or browsing. Probably the busiest I've ever seen the places I went to today. The sad thing is I still couldn't figure out what to get my roommate. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go back out to do some brainstorming. Should be a good month for Nintendo, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JoshuaJSlone said:
It does give me a great sense of lack of accomplishment compared to these guys.

If only they could see our spreadsheets and SQL databases, I'm sure they'd be jealous of us.

Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (the Wii one) will be released 21th February, with that one and PSP WEUE2008 (1/24) we will have all the WE2008 games out there. Looks unlikely that all the versions released combined will beat last year PS2 edition...

ethelred

donny2112 said:
It could've been worse. The new games could have been on any other system save for the DS or PS2.

I dunno... Shikigami no Shiro III sold three times more on the 360 than the Wii.

donny2112

ethelred said:
Hey, three times more is a lot.

It shows that the 360 version really did sell more than the Wii version, but when you're talking about 1500 vs. 500 first day sales in the context of "overall numbers," ...

donny2112

ShmarthurShmooner said:
do we know about gt5p first day sales and/or downloads yet?

AnimeTheme said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

First day sales:

PS3 GT5P: 50k (30% sell-through, downloads unknown and not included)
Wii Chocobo Dungeon: 30k (30% sell-through)
Wii NiGHTS: 7k (10% sell-through)
Wii SC Legend: 5k (10% sell-through)
Wii WE LOVE GOLF: 4k (10% sell-through)

PSP Slim (Deep Red): Near sellout

damisa said:
According to sony themselves, they are targetting GT5:p sales of
250K - retail version
50K - PSN version

So Sony expects PSN version sales to be fairly negligible.

We never get solid download numbers, unless Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo release them.

Xeke

Banned
Threi said:
CHRONO CROSS HATE?

oh fuck off, all of you. ;_;

I don't hate the game, but it's comparable to Nintendo releasing a Fire Emblem game as a sequel to a Zelda game and calling it Zelda...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Xeke said:
I don't hate the game, but it's comparable to Nintendo releasing a Fire Emblem game as a sequel to a Zelda game and calling it Zelda...

absolutely not. they had the same mythos.

jimbo

Banned
Boy have I missed a lot in the past 6 months. Nice to see my January 07 prediction that the 360 will pass the Xbox LTD by the end of the year turns out to be accurate. Boy did I get some heat for saying that(not to mention a ban) and that it will go on to reach 1 million eventually by the end of this gen. Even more amazing is seeing that there actually was a week where the 360 crossed streams with the PS3? Holy crap!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Xeke said:

I think Chrono Cross sucked, but what you just said isn't remotely accurate.

reilo

jimbo said:
Boy have I missed a lot in the past 6 months. Nice to see my January 07 prediction that the 360 will pass the Xbox LTD by the end of the year turns out to be accurate. Boy did I get some heat for saying that(not to mention a ban) and that it will go on to reach 1 million eventually by the end of this gen. Even more amazing is seeing that there actually was a week where the 360 crossed streams with the PS3? Holy crap!

It wasn't really hard to pass the XBox1s LTD in Japan. For comparison, the DS did those numbers in a month.

Xeke said:
A Fire Emblem/Zelda crossover? I'm pretty sure that would be freaking awesome.

reilo said:
It wasn't really hard to pass the XBox1s LTD in Japan. For comparison, the DS did those numbers in a month.

I know its traditional to dismiss anyone mentioning the 360 in media create threads, but there really is no need.

Xeke said:
Chrono Cross was so far removed from Chrono Trigger that it is sill for it to have the same name.

You're right, I mean... it's not like it's set in the same world, or features characters from the other game, or has its storyline based in part around a plot hook from the first game. And it's definitely not like Square-Enix has any series that change gameplay mechanics and storyline in between each franchise entry!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Threi said:
I think Chrono Cross, even with it's flaws, was better than FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX.

I think that's just about the most insane thing I've ever heard!

(CC has a shitty story and battle system.)

Chrono Cross was so far removed from Chrono Trigger that it is sill for it to have the same name.

.. This is also wrong. It's more related to CT than any FF is related to the previous one.

Xeke

Banned
omg rite said:
I think that's just about the most insane thing I've ever heard!

(CC has a shitty story and battle system.)

.. This is also wrong. It's more related to CT than any FF is related to the previous one.

Just because Final Fantasy does it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Ryu1999

charlequin said:
You're right, I mean... it's not like it's set in the same world, or kills off all the characters from the other game, or has its storyline based in part around a plot hook from the first game. And it's definitely not like Square-Enix has any series that change gameplay mechanics and storyline in between each franchise entry!

Fixed

Top Bottom