• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 20 - 26 March

Gawaian

LanceStern said:
- Um don't kick Children of Mana out just yet. THe 10th game sold 22,000. Last week CoM sold 18,000. It could still be selling at a nice pace. We have to wait for 11-20.
I really hope so because I want to see more support from Squeenix. I know they have already put a lot of support on the DS, but having more never hurts.

sorryaboutdresden said:
6: Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
Fixed

Amir0x said:
me too. it's pretty much a startling indictment of the Japanese videogame industry if it never happens so i would hope for the same
What a sad day when a Final Fantasy game reaches 2 million, but not quite 2.5. Outselling 99.8% of the other games, but not 100%.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
If Cooking Mama is really selling out at the places that have it, maybe it'll prompt the publisher for a bigger release. It could be the first game to reach a million sold after such low first week.

It wont happen. I bet a 3 month banning on my account.

cvxfreak

No offense to anyone, but everytime I hear someone gloat over FFXII's 1337ness, it makes me less inclined to try the game. I don't believe for a second that it's leagues and leagues beyond an already strong genre. Best RPG? Fine. Best game ever? Err...

But anyway. I'll probably try it anyway. :D

Holy crap at AC yet again. It's sold 313,000 from Feb 27 - March 26. Staggering, and it would probably have sold a bit more if the DSL numbers weren't so knackered.

JavyOO7

cvxfreak said:
No offense to anyone, but everytime I hear someone gloat over FFXII's 1337ness, it makes me less inclined to try the game. I don't believe for a second that it's leagues and leagues beyond an already strong genre. Best RPG? Fine. Best game ever? Err...

But anyway.

To be fair, you will never know until you sit down and play the game. I mean I might have a not so wonderful opinion of the game now (I haven't played it yet, duh), but later on it might grow on you and etc etc.

cvxfreak

JavyOO7 said:
To be fair, you will never know until you sit down and play the game. I mean I might have a not so wonderful opinion of the game now (I haven't played it yet, duh), but later on it might grow on you and etc etc.

That's what happened with FFX-2, which I still have to beat. =P But I think the emotional dedication to FFXII to the point where not selling 2.5 Million isn't for whatever reason a good thing is kind of offputting. I think it's less of a crime than RE4 not selling 2 Million in Japan between the two versions, but that's the fanboy in me talking. :lol

Cheebs

Bebpo said:
No I made a hopefully bet that Japan would accept the best rpg ever. It's gonna be a close one!
Nope. You said you would leave. Don't take it back. If you make me I will go find the old post. ;)

Mrbob

cvxfreak said:

But anyway. I'll probably try it anyway. :D

I hear it is no Oblivion, but a good RPG in its own right. :D

MrDaravon

Cheebs said:
Nope. You said you would leave. Don't take it back. If you make me I will go find the old post. ;)

:lol

Anyway it was a month, Bebpo's off the hook ;p

"If FFXII doesn't outsell the best selling DS game of all time in Japan (it's Animal Crossing at a little under 2 million right?) in its first month I will leave GAF for a month and hang my head in shame that Japanese gamers just plain out suck. But I think I will win this bet :p"

Cheebs

EDIT: arg I was beaten! Anyway it looks like he will lose the bet. I expect some insane fun to come one month after the day of FFXII's release regarding Bebpo.

Who wants to hear what our old buddy Bebpo said? :lol

"If FFXII doesn't outsell the best selling DS game of all time in Japan (it's Animal Crossing at a little under 2 million right?) in its first month I will leave GAF for a month and hang my head in shame that Japanese gamers just plain out suck. But I think I will win this bet :p"

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
SailorDaravon said:
How about if you lose Bebpo YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH SUIKODEN V 3 TIMES
If he loses he should just buy a copy of Animal Crossing and play it. That'd be punishment enough. :eek:

Cheebs said:
Is it a Nintendo game?
Is it Final Fantasy?
Is it Tamagotchi?

If not it will bomb.

Please, less then a year ago you couldn't put Tamagotchi on that list. Tamagotchi if anything is a sign that it is possible.

cvxfreak

Archie said:
If he loses he should just buy a copy of Animal Crossing and play it. That'd be punishment enough. :eek:

I think he owns the game already, but I don't remember if he recently bought the GC one or DS one.

mutsu

Cheebs said:
Is it a Nintendo game?
Is it Final Fantasy?
Is it Tamagotchi?

If not it will bomb.

Not all games bomb on the DS... I mean, Slime Mori Mori, Dragon Ball etc all had decent numbers.

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - 237,678 (2,001,944)
2. Pokémon Rangers (NDS) - 193,337
3. Ace Combat Zero: The Belkin War (PS2) - 109,100
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS) - 82,797 (2,270,601)
5. Brain Training 2 (NDS) - 76911 (1,648,640)
6. Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires (PS2) - 54,360
7. English Training (NDS) - 46,411 (703,156)
8. Brain Training (NDS) - 46,223 (1,768,819)
9. Harukanaru Jikuu no Uchi de 3 (PS2) - 45,636
10. Mario Kart DS (NDS) - 21,691 (1,210,800)

Translate the rest plz

A Link to the Past said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - 237,678 (2,001,944)
2. Pokémon Rangers (NDS) - 193,337
3. Ace Combat Zero: The Belkin War (PS2) - 109,100
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS) - 82,797 (2,270,601)
5. Brain Training 2 (NDS) - 76911 (1,648,640)
6. Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires (PS2) - 54,360
7. English Training (NDS) - 46,411 (703,156)
8. Brain Training (NDS) - 46,223 (1,768,819)
9. Harukanaru Jikuu no Uchi de 3 (PS2) - 45,636
10. Mario Kart DS (NDS) - 21,691 (1,210,800)

Translate the rest plz

Children of Mana = #17

cvxfreak

Dengeki:

Final Fantasy XII: 266,000 / 2,084,000 (FFX: 2,470,000, FFX-2: 2,004,000)
Pokemon Ranger: 192,000 (Dungeon Blue: 153,000 / 730,000)
Ace Combat Zero: 124,000
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires: 60,000 PS2
Harukanaru 3: 34,000
Sengoku Musou 2: 530,000
Shin Sangoku Musou 2nd Evolution: 13,000

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stopsign said:
Children of Mana = #17
If the unofficial numbers are correct and Yggdra Union (#18) sold 15,000 then CoM at did at least 15k as well for this week.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
jj984jj said:
If the unofficial numbers are correct and Yggdra Union (#18) sold 15,000 then CoM at did at least 15k as well for this week.
This game has some great legs and as I said before will surpass 250k lifetime.
Assuming 15k, it's at over 160k now.

Mrbob

cvxfreak said:
Dengeki:

Final Fantasy XII: 266,000 / 2,084,000 (FFX: 2,470,000, FFX-2: 2,004,000)
Pokemon Ranger: 192,000 (Dungeon Blue: 153,000 / 730,000)
Ace Combat Zero: 124,000
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires: 60,000 PS2
Harukanaru 3: 34,000
Sengoku Musou 2: 530,000
Shin Sangoku Musou 2nd Evolution: 13,000

Wow. Dynasty Warriors 2 PSP bomba bomba.

cvxfreak

Mrbob said:
Wow. Dynasty Warriors 2 PSP bomba bomba.

I find it funny how the PSP got both the sequel and Geki Sengoku Musou before the DS gets it's promised iteration announced a long time ago. :lol

I think the low sales on PS2 and 360, coupled with the PSP bombas tell Koei that they need to rethink their strategy of getting these games out on the market at such alarming rates. DW5 got it's first expansion only last September. And hell, the 360 game came out last December so this is the quickest upgrade for it. :lol

Meier

Koei has to be panicking -- they have no other successful series. They try and put out off-shoots, but none of them do much in the way of numbers... time to bring back AEROBIZ baby!

Jonnyram

Meier said:
Koei has to be panicking -- they have no other successful series. They try and put out off-shoots, but none of them do much in the way of numbers... time to bring back AEROBIZ baby!
Gitarooman Live on PSP!!

verplant

wow

Animal Crossing: +12,000
Brain Training 2: +10,000
English Training: +6,000
Brain Training: +6,000
Mario Kart DS:: +3,500

mutsu

verplant said:
wow

Most likely because there are more hardwares available now.

Bebpo

Banned
Archie said:

I did buy it just so I could see what the competition is all about!

Mrbob said:
I hear it is no Oblivion, but a good RPG in its own right. :D

I heard you can see the 16 miles of Oblivion as a little dot from the throne that FFXII sits upon :p

SailorDaravon said:
How about if you lose Bebpo YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH SUIKODEN V 3 TIMES

I think that would take longer than a month since it's 150+ hours of misery :(

starship

If unofficial numbers are true, DS Lite LTD sales are at 380k. Does it mean we'll see 170k sales for next week? (assuming 550k shipment figures from Nintendo for the entire month and every unit they ship will sell out.)

lancubap

verplant said:
wow

That's the point, that's the core of the problem (well, for Nintendo is not a problem at all): Nintendo DS's have not only legs, but stilts !!!!
Animal Crossing will sure break the 3 millions mark and that's something more then incredible, more then amazing, it is insane !!!

El Papa

cvxfreak said:
3. (PS2, Namco) Ace Combat Zero: The Belkin War - 109,000
belkinwars.jpg

lancubap said:
That's the point, that's the core of the problem (well, for Nintendo is not a problem at all): Nintendo DS's have not only legs, but stilts !!!!
Animal Crossing will sure break the 3 millions mark and that's something more then incredible, more then amazing, it is insane !!!

Just for fun, what'll you do if both BTs break 3 million, and ACWW breaks 4 million?

cvxfreak

At this point I'm not going to deny the possibility of AC reaching DQVIII's sales. It's still got quite a way to go, but if it keeps cranking out several ten-thousand a week, who knows when it'll stop.

starship

Mr. Pointy said:
Didn't Everybody's Golf Portable crack 500,000? OMG PSP RELIES ON 1ST PARTY SOFTWARE LIEK DS!

kia said:
Actually except MHP, everything else bombed on PSP recently.

Iirc Hot Shots Golf Portable was a launch title. So even 1st party games didn't sell well recently.

ziran

great animal crossing ww sales!

it's become one of my all time, favourite games, i love it. :) it's heartening to know so many people are enjoying what is a truly brilliant game.

pokémon ranger has sold well, should manage ~500k. another game i'm looking forward to. i wonder if we'll see it before the end of the year? i'm hoping pokémon mysterious dungeon is released in the summer and ranger sees a nov-ish release.

i agree with what has already been said, dynasty warriors sales are becoming a problem for koei. however, it is to be expected from a game that has seen an update virtually every year.

i'm surprised so many expected ffxii to sell better. i think it has a core audience who will buy the game no matter what, but previous instalments of the franchise have disappointed many, so i think the high 2 million and 3 million+ sales are over.

also great ds sales, if the unofficial figures are true.

Top Bottom