• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/17 - 3/23

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It's the sequel to the best selling game of the year, a game you pretty much see being played everywhere you go.

I was expecting 800-1mill.

Laguna

Banned
sp0rsk said:
It's the sequel to the best selling game of the year, a game you pretty much see being played everywhere you go.

They didn´t ship that many you know. ;)

Right now there aren't. I suppose sinobi will update later with other titles numbers (gundam 00 or geass come to mind).

I can´t wait *lol*

test_account

XP-39C²
bcn-ron said:
The Gamecube's starting date in the Media Create version is off (2002-12-30 vs 2001-09-10 in the Famitsu graph). I.e. the Media Create graph is missing GC's first three and a half months, including all holiday sales.

I did copy/paste the launch dates for both PS3 and GC from the list on this:

http://joshuajamesslone.name/wiki/t...+Japanese+Hardware+Sales+Line+Graph+Generator

So i dont know why the GC date changed. Maybe thats the first data for GC from Media Create. Thanks for pointing out that Media Create is missing some GC data since i was actually suprised that the GC never crossed the PS3 line in the 75 week LTD i checked. I was sure that PS3 and GC was closer, but it makes sense if Media Create is missing several of months of data :)

Pachael

dog$ said:
RIP Sakura Taisen.

The writing's been on the wall since ST4, so no surprise at this.
I doubt that difference alone would have helped anything.

Franchise died with the Dreamcast :<
Great run though :)

Defuser

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Monster unleashed

First day sales
PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - 670,000

MHP2 did 512k first day, so this is PSP biggest seller ever on first day.

652k were normal editions, 17k Hunter's Packs.

Impressive 80% sell through too.
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O

sp0rsk said:

No. It's a expansion.

Minsc

Gold Member
Capcom, once again proves they're able to market across all the different systems better than any other developer. Other third parties should just throw in the towel, that or take some notes.

Now with other titles

First day sales
PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - 670,000 (80% sell through)

NDS Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 - 30,000 (50% sell through)
PS2/PSP Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors - 14,000 (70% sell through)

PS2 Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - 10,000 (regular+append versions)
NDS Lux-Pain - 8,000 (20% sell through)
360 Dark Sector - 5,000

PS2 Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 32: Phantasy Star Complete Collection - 3,000
360 Raiden Fighters Aces - 3,000
NDS Tetsudou Seminar: JR-Hen - 3,000

PSP Umihara Kawase Portable - 1,800 (20k shipment)

PS3 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1,500
WII Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - didn't make it (<1000?)

PS2 Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 1,500
360 Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 1,000
PSP Tomb Raider: Anniversary - didn't make it (<1000?)
WII Tomb Raider: Anniversary - didn't make it (<1000?)

Seems all Wii releases didn't make it (4 titles) while all X360 ones did (3).

Dascu

Even if the game is really buggy, this is just sad.

Edit: Raiden Fighters Aces sold the same as Castle of Shikigami III, no? Seems like there's a small, but solid shmup fanbase on the 360.

farnham

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Now with other titles

First day sales

NDS Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 - 30,000 (50% sell through)
PS2/PSP Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors - 14,000 (70% sell through)

PS2 Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - 10,000 (regular+append versions)
NDS Lux-Pain - 8,000 (20% sell through)
360 Dark Sector - 5,000

PS2 Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 32: Phantasy Star Complete Collection - 3,000
360 Raiden Fighters Aces - 3,000
NDS Tetsudou Seminar: JR-Hen - 3,000

PS3 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1,500
WII Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - didn't make it (<1000?)

PS2 Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 1,500
360 Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 1,000
PSP Tomb Raider: Anniversary - didn't make it (<1000?)
WII Tomb Raider: Anniversary - didn't make it (<1000?)

Seems all Wii releases didn't make it (4 titles) while all X360 ones did (3).

im wondering if Mario Kart Wii will outsell the second week of MHP2G

edit : MKWii is comming out in the third week of MHP2G... lol

farnham

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Hm, aside from MHPG2, pretty poor sales all around.
there was nothing big really... i guess no.1 will be MHPG2 No. 2 will be battonage.. No. 3 to 5 Wii fit or Deca Sporta or Brawl and then some random DS games

Rolf NB

Pureauthor said:
Hm, aside from MHPG2, pretty poor sales all around.
Slumpy time of the year. Looking over the sales numbers in the top ten, it's about the same as a year ago, software-wise. Hardware-wise, PS3 continues to be shitty, PSP came alive, DS slowed down. These changes have been apparent for a while however.

Laguna

Banned
farnham said:
there was nothing big really... i guess no.1 will be MHPG2 No. 2 will be battonage.. No. 3 to 5 Wii fit or Deca Sporta or Brawl and then some random DS games

Next weeks Top5 may look more like this.

1.MH2G
2.PkmB
3.Gundam00
4.WiiFit
5.Brawl

near

Gold Member
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G looks sooooo sexy, hopefully Capcom will localize it once it exceeds 900k.

Spiegel

Is there a how to play MHP faq or something like that?

Because I tried to play two times not knowing what to do and didn't like it. But for everyone it seems like it's an awesome franchise.

Nocebo

Spiegel said:
Is there a how to play MHP faq or something like that?

Because I tried to play two times not knowing what to do and didn't like it. But for everyone it seems like it's an awesome franchise.
Your illegal download didn't come with a manual?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Psychotext said:
So I guess the PSP is going to be pretty impressive in the next figures. Anyone taking guesses?

80k-90k. I genuinely can't imagine there'll be a large hardware bump TBQH.

Spiegel

Nocebo said:
Your illegal download didn't come with a manual?

Yeah

The legal copy I tried came with a manual but few times read manuals because I rarely need them.

Anyway thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

I knew the basic things to do but for me that wasn't fun so it will be that I was doing something wrong

I'm going to Tsutaya tomorrow to get Winning Eleven: PLay Maker and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword and I was wondering if Dark Sector is worth getting on the way ?? From it's sales it looks good.

yurinka

picsou said:
monster hunter 3 on psp before wii ?
Yes, I think the Wii game will be a port of the PSP. This would avoid major changes in the game engine (it's not the same to move from PS2/PSP to Wii than to move from PS2/PSP to PS3), so they would save a lot of money.

As I remember, there are some ports in Wii of PSP/PS2 games, and any PSP/PS2 port of Wii games. I think it's the reason of why Capcom shifted MH3 from PS3 to Wii.

To Capcom, doesn't matter if the game in Wii is a port with a few changes. See their sales in games like RE4 Wii edition (even being a port of the previous gen is the #1 in third party sales for Wii).

C.T.

yurinka said:
Yes, I think the Wii game will be a port of the PSP. This would avoid major changes in the game engine (it's not the same to move from PS2/PSP to Wii than to move from PS2/PSP to PS3), so they would save a lot of money.

As I remember, there are some ports in Wii of PSP/PS2 games, and any PSP/PS2 port of Wii games. I think it's the reason of why Capcom shifted MH3 from PS3 to Wii.

To Capcom, doesn't matter if the game in Wii is a port with a few changes. See their sales in games like RE4 Wii edition.

So they port a game because its common for developer to port psp/ps2 games to wii and the other way around? Great resoning! 5/5

cvxfreak

sp0rsk, Capcom expected 900K, so this is an excellent start. The game's bound to have really long legs, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game had bigger first day sales than Brawl, right?

Rolf NB

Laguna said:
Next weeks Top5 may look more like this.

1.MH2G
2.PkmB
3.Gundam00
4.WiiFit
5.Brawl
Damn you and your filthy acronyms! For a while there I thought I had missed the massively earth-melting announcement of Pikmin Brawl.

I just noticed there's a second Sim City DS out, and it charted pretty high. Going from the official site, it seems to be a about building cities in different era's/civilizations.

How many copies did the first SC DS sell in its first week?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cvxfreak said:
sp0rsk, Capcom expected 900K, so this is an excellent start. The game's bound to have really long legs, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game had bigger first day sales than Brawl, right?

I believe so

Really interested to see if any of this enthusiasm translates to MH3 Wii or whether most of the audience will just sit it out until the inevitable PSP version.

yurinka

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales

mmm...maybe the 1st day sales record of this gen?

cvxfreak said:

The higher I remember was Brawl with 500,000. Capcom expected 900K for the entire game life or only for the first week? Source?

BTW there's a ranking with the best 1st day (not 1st week) sales somewhere? I found some 1st week sales numbers for DS, but not first day.

kswiston

cvxfreak said:

Brawl's first day was reported to be 500k.

Based off the 80% sell through number, I guess Capcom shipped 850k units of MHP2G. It should end up selling close to that in its first week without a second shipment, maybe a little higher with a second shipment. Either way, they are going to be pretty close to their 900k goal in Week 1.

Is this going to be the PSPs second or third million seller?

Top Bottom