• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/19 - 3/25

bud

Pureauthor said:
into_the_stink.gif

gkryhewy

Wyndstryker said:
And so it continues....the story of the reigning Nintendo dynasty at the top of the Japanese video game realms. With Sony trying to scramble it's modern weapons of HD to it's armies but can't due to "component shortages" and due to blacksmiths charging high prices on them. MS on the other hand, still has to wade out of the shores from it's western galleons...they may have brough the rifles but there's a cliff in front of them even if they do manage to get on shore.

FFS I try to bite my tongue, but you made the same grammatical error 3 times in the same post. Possessive = ITS. No apostrophe. "It's" = "It is" - no exceptions. I know the english language is complex and inconsistent, but please at least try.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Pureauthor said:
That we are, my friend. That we are.

*~*

*~*

(May be continued... but don't count on it)
MoarCAT.jpg

(didn't quite turn out the way I thought it would, so I'm interested in how you'd follow through)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Pureauthor said:
That we are, my friend. That we are.

*~*

Snip

*~*

(May be continued... but don't count on it)

*Dusts self off*

Did I just get laid? :lol

Edit: Damn being slow.

Fady K

jj984jj said:
For Wii:
04/05 Barnyard
04/19 Furu Furu Park
Super Paper Mario
04/26 One Piece Unlimited Adventure
The Dog Island
Big Brain Academy
05/17 Meitantei Conan
05/24 Fist of the North Star Pachi-Slot Pachinko
06/07 Pirates of the Caribbean
06/21 Hajime no Ippo Revolution

Thats it?? I expected that Id want more than 1 title between now and july. Super Mario FTW for me, the rest of the list is just booooooooring for me.

Wyndstryker said:
Blue Ocean Strategy...

the main marketing strategy that nintendo is following for the DS/Wii

it's like...an eyeopener!

I will be interested to see if this book contains Nintendo's actual strategy. ;0) Know anywhere I can purchase it for less?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Pureauthor - clever post, more entertaining than the usual MC threads.

But yeah, Japan is awesome, for continuing to support NSMB and YIDS... Hopefully some companies start to see this and make more 2D titles.

I demand more from pureauthor. Since retarded posters are scant for now, that post provided all the entertainment they would have. Most excellent.

Gorgie said:
With New Super Mario Bros still in the top 10, Super Paper Mario is going to sell gangbusters.

With weekly sales data, it's odd to see the 360 preparing to sell an even more expensive sku, when it's obvious, especially in Japan, that fun and cheap is selling. It's like both Sony and Microsoft want a dedicated fanbase like Nintendo, and now Nintendo, oddly enough, is trying to go mainsteam.

Yes but keep in mind the market share of the Wii. Only so many ccopies can be sold. Also Wii sports/Play appeal to a more wider demographic, so expect SPM to drop below these two within a few weeks.

Ngeist

TheKingsCrown said:
I will be interested to see if this book contains Nintendo's actual strategy. ;0) Know anywhere I can purchase it for less?

It's free. I got a pdf version some time ago.. Don't know where it is now^^

the PDF version is a drastically scaled down version. i downloaded the pdf and its nothing the the actual book. (When do books start at page 76...)

Berserker

lol, these are beginning to looks the same week in and out. DS domination and Wii sports and Wii play in the top 10.

Nintendo needs to drop the bomb known as Super Paper Mario already. :]

PUREAUTHOR FTMFW.

That was really well written. Excellent read. I love creative analogies. Or whatever you might call that. If you are in the UK, you might've enjoyed reading Edge. It use to have a cool column called "Red Eye". Haven't bought a copy in ages now. I have NeoGaf after all.

farnham

Banned
i remember the enthusiast press talking about how blue ocean is aversion and that they will stay in a niche.. looks quite different now..

andthebeatgoeson

verplant said:
Sony has unpdated the offical PS3 page... http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/ps3/index.html

Now... this is the best Lineup I've ever seen.

1 game in april
0 games in may
1 game in june (famitsu told us, there will be more)
... an finaly Everybodys Golf 5 in july.

I've been wanting to post this: 1997!

Wow, it's uncanny. BluRay is the new cartridge. 2 instances that contrast the perils of not adapting and progressing too much. Wow.

Oh and a friendly reminder that success is not guaranteed.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kobun Heat said:
Anybody else remember that great thread where those people were coming out of the woodwork to say that NSMB would barely break half a million, maybe, because the Mario series was dead?

That was pretty silly, though I don't think ANY of us would have imagine the obscene sales NSMB would be having now.

Defuser

the thoroughbred said:
PUREAUTHOR FTMFW.

That was really well written. Excellent read. I love creative analogies. Or whatever you might call that. If you are in the UK, you might've enjoyed reading Edge. It use to have a cool column called "Red Eye". Haven't bought a copy in ages now. I have NeoGaf after all.
Well he did say he wanted to be a journalist....

felipeko

P90 said:
But will the PS3 be Sony's N64 or GCN? At least it cleared Virtual Boy.
PSP=Virtual Boy (not in sales, obviously, but in the way "Sony lost", the same way happened with Nintendo)
PS3=N64

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
P90 said:
But will the PS3 be Sony's N64 or GCN? At least it cleared Virtual Boy.

N64 and even GCN software actually sold, though. Need to find something else, imo.

felipeko said:
PSP=Virtual Boy (not in sales, obviously, but in the way "Sony lost", the same way happened with Nintendo)
PS3=N64

The PSP is nowhere near the Virtual Boy. I would say it's more like the Game Gear. Grabbed a decent market share, but ultimately overwhelmed by a very strong Nintendo.

Jammy

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
The PSP is nowhere near the Virtual Boy. I would say it's more like the Game Gear. Grabbed a decent market share, but ultimately overwhelmed by a very strong Nintendo.

I look at the PSP more as a "we're human" system. The PS brand was unstoppable until Sony brought out the PSP, which not only has sold far less than the competition, but has pretty much changed their business outlook on their systems for shit (concentrating now on more expensive consoles with tons of non-gaming features).

In that respect I think it's similar to the Virtual Boy.

Ngeist

Wyndstryker said:
Thats different than the PDF I read. That one is more on how nintendo is using the blue ocean strategy. Doesn't give as much info on the the actual Blue Ocean Strategy though.

The actual book is around 200 pages..

Could you give a link to the one you were talking about ?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
koam said:
And this:

0060521996.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU15_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Read it a few years ago (November 2004, right before the DS's US release) for a systems engineering class, then had to write a paper on it... my topic? The Game Boy. Man, if I had that assignment today, I'd just cut and paste a few Lapsed posts and submit that as my paper :p

I miss Lapsed, certainly one of the better posters here, even with his 'hit-n-run' style.

Top Bottom