• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/21 - 5/27

donny2112 said:
Anyone know why it shows One Piece Wii as being #22 two weeks ago, when it was actually #15 that week? Maybe it's just a mistake?

no mistakes, but
Famitsu Apr 23-May 6

1. NDS FFXII: Revenant Wings 404342 / NEW

[cut]

14. NDS More English Training 55710 / 195035
15. WII One Piece: Unlimited Adventure 54192 / NEW

We don't have separate charts for weeks ending on April 30 and May 6, but only a cumulative charts after GW, including those 2 weeks, that's the reason numbers are different.

One Piece ranking were : #7 on first week click here, #22 on second week, #40 on third week and #26 on fourth week.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Moor-Angol said:
no mistakes, but

We don't have separate charts for weeks ending on April 30 and May 6, but only a cumulative charts after GW, including those 2 weeks, that's the reason numbers are different.

One Piece ranking were : #7 on first week click here, #22 on second week, #40 on third week and #26 on fourth week.

Is it still supply constrained?
I thought it sold out almost the entire first shipment in the first few days. (50k?)

Uhm... i don't know if it still has restock problems...

According to Famitsu chart, it sold entirely first shipment after the end of GW (the next week it dropped at #40), but i don't know how much was second one.
Probably it will be out of the top30 chart coming next Friday, we have to wait for monthly sale numbers (Famitsu DS+Wii issue)

donny2112

Moor-Angol said:

Oh, yeah! I forgot about that. Thanks! :)

The market will cause publishers to want to develop for Wii. It isn't something they are going to have to force on a publisher. As previously stated, I am thankful that Iwata is not the kind of president to use those tactics
in a winning environment ;)

MattXG

Banned
Does this come out next week in Japan?

trusty-new-360-for-japan-20070411051526514.jpg

PS3 in trouble?

GhaleonEB

MattXG said:

PS3 in trouble?
Looks like the Trusty Bell portion is taped onto the left side. I wonder if MS is shipping that as an add-on to existing stock in an effort to move it.

MattXG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Looks like the Trusty Bell portion is taped onto the left side. I wonder if MS is shipping that as an add-on to existing stock in an effort to move it.
Uh...I don't think so....

trusty-new-360-for-japan-20070411051527279.jpg

MattXG said:

PS3 in trouble?

Such an awesome box :)

I have to say I really respect how MS sticks to its guns in Japan. Money Hats brings great exclusives and lots of RPGs

Japanese gamers really have no excuse to treat the 360 so badly

MattXG

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Such an awesome box :)

I have to say I really respect how MS sticks to its guns in Japan. Money Hats brings great exclusives and lots of RPGs

Japanese gamers really have no excuse to treat the 360 so badly
Sure they do, its called racism. :)

Sharp

ziran said:
Famitsu Top 10 May 28 - June 3
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/06/06/103,1181130337,72961,0,0.html

1. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (DS)
2. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii)
3. Guilty Gear XX (PS2)
4. Ouendan 2 (DS)
5. Wii Sports (Wii)
6. More English Training (DS)
7. New Super Mario Bros.(DS)
8. More Brain Training (DS)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. Mario Kart (DS)
Yeah Guilty Gear!
Magicpaint said:
What's Mario Kart doing there! o_0
I have no idea! MutFox said it was a mess!

Razoric

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
yeah I dunno if racism is the right word... but it sure feels unfair, I see no just reason for the low sales

Bad marketing would be high on that list I suspect.

meppi

Razoric said:
Bad marketing would be high on that list I suspect.
As would the wrong type of games for the market.

Especially after coming off the original Xbox which made the same mistakes.

MattXG

Banned
Days like these... said:
I suggest you edit your post. That's unpossible! They like Mcdonald's and Ipod! You're just talking crazy! Right guys...? Guys?
Oh, you're right.

Only white guys can be racist....what was I thinking?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MattXG said:
Oh, you're right.

Only white guys can be racist....what was I thinking?

preferring domestic products over imports cannot be labeled racism... jesus.

MattXG

Banned
meppi said:

Uh....360's line-up already contains more Japanese support than Xbox 1 I'd bet.

It also has more Japanese support than PS3 right now....and its cheaper...and its still being ignored.....

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
ziran said:

3. Guilty Gear XX (PS2)
4. Ouendan 2 (DS)
5. Wii Sports (Wii)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. Mario Kart (DS)

Nintendo's domination in Japan should come at no surprise, but still:

Resident Evil 4 at the 1st console spot?
Wii Sports and Wii Play still selling with every wii sold?
Mario Kart and More Brain Training in the top ten after that many months?
New Super Mario Bros on track to beat the Mario record?
Practice by observing Training and English Training apps in the top 10?

There are so many interesting things to analyse from this chart :)

Sharp

marc^o^ said:

Resident Evil 4 at the 1st spot?

There are so many interesting things to analyse from this chart :)
This is why Eye Training DS sold 100k. If you see it, buy it--you won't be disappointed.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
meppi said:

Yeah Blue Dragon and all the exclusive rpgs on the way are totally the wrong type of games for the market.

Honestly that excuse doesnt hold water this gen and its tired. The japanophiles always trot it out as their first line of defense everytime someone dares mention racism

meppi

MattXG said:

It also has more Japanese support than PS3 right now....and its cheaper...and its still being ignored.....
Allright, show me some tripple A Japanese 360 games besides Trusty Bell.

I haven't been following the 360 much so there might be some that I don't know about.
But after buying the original Xbox for Sega games and finding very little else (besides the Halo's and such which don't count here), I came away very disappointed since they obviously weren't catering to my tastes.

The 360 seems like more of the same, only without the great Sega exclusives this time around.
And no other Japanese company seems to be picking up the slack, so I'm not in the least surprised that it simply doesn't catch on there.

At least with the PS3 there is prospect of great upcoming domestic games, even if those seem a long way off.

ziran

Kafel said:
How many million sellers in that top ?

Including one 2 million seller and two 4 million sellers.

marc^o^ said:

Resident Evil 4 at the 1st spot?

There are so many interesting things to analyse from this chart
Yeah, it's an amazing chart, especially when you look at it by Publisher:

1. Nintendo
2. Capcom
3. Arc System Works
4. Nintendo
5. Nintendo
6. Nintendo
7. Nintendo
8. Nintendo
9. Nintendo
10. Nintendo

Days like these... said:
Yeah Blue Dragon and all the exclusive rpgs on the way are totally the wrong type of games for the market.

Honestly that excuse doesnt hold water this gen and its tired. The japanophiles always trot it out as their first line of defense everytime someone dares mention racism

*rubs forehead*

The line of comparison here is the PS3, which, while selling badly, isn't quite 360 levels (yet). This is cited as evidence that the Japanese will inherently prefer a local product over a Western/Foreign one.

But look at last generation. The PS2 was the winner of the generation by a good green country mile, whereas the XBox was, well, a joke.

This generation? PS3 has nosedived. But the spillover 'goodwill' of the PS2 generation ensured that it didn't quite sink to X360 levels. As for the 360, it may have more games that appeal to the Japanese than the XBox (which isn't saying much), but it's fighting thr stigma of actually being labelled with the 'XBox' name in the first place.

Kaeru

Banned
MattXG said:

If you cannot understand why Japanese people don't support the 360 then you have no business here, period!

apotema

6 million sellers at the bottom of the list, Non million sellers are beating them.

Million sellers are doomed confirmed

sphinx

the piano man
ziran said:

3. Guilty Gear XX (PS2)
4. Ouendan 2 (DS)
5. Wii Sports (Wii)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. Mario Kart (DS)

this is far too overwhelming. If I was a sony executive I would've stopped reading japanese sales charts long ago. Mario kart, a god knows how old game, is in the freaking top 10... Japanese DS' software performance has got to be the most powerful videogamng force in the last 10 years.

If you are a PSP, you not only compete with the new games that sell 100k - 200k on launch weeks but also against their massive legs. PSP deserves some respect for what it has achieved, in all honesty.

meppi

Days like these... said:

Thanks for categorising me into a tiny box so you can try to understand where I'm coming from and what my supposed agenda is. :-/

And Blue Dragon doesn't mean anything to me. Looks like a run-off-the-mill RPG. Nothing special. (Again IMO)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Days like these... said:

again with the racism!?

Were those "Made in the USA" ad campaigns racist?

Top Bottom