• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

Mirimar

Isn't Folk Soul low profile in the first place? It's probably off everyone's radar despite looking quite interesting. Hopefully decent word of mouth does something because it'd be disappointing not to see deserved sales by week's end. I know a lot of people on this board didn't even know about this game until the demo popped up.

Fularu

Banned
Link said:
sorry.gif

Yep.

Furries != bears

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Wow. 360 is selling at the same level as the PS3. 2,000 units is nothing when you think about the DS selling over 100,000 in one week.

Also, if it wasn't for Ninja Gaiden, 360 could have possibly outsold PS3 this week. Wow indeed.

ethelred

Nice sales for Growlanser! Kudos, Atlus. Glad to see the series still doing well enough for itself.

jarrod said:
Dunno why some thought Folksoul would move serious units, it looks like shit, it's on PS3, and it's (sort of) predecessor bombed equally hard. I figured it'd at least crack 100k eventually, but now I'm revising down to 50k lifetime. :lol

I don't know why people expected it to do well, either, but I definitely take issue with your statement that it looks like shit. The game looks pretty stunning -- absolutely incredible art style and general aesthetics. Whether it'll play well, I dunno, but it doesn't look like shit.

FtsH said:
what?
040.GIF

c'mon you japanese, play some real games!

And by "real games," of course, you mean "PS3 games."

WildArms said:
Wow. 360 is selling at the same level as the PS3. 2,000 units is nothing when you think about the DS selling over 100,000 in one week.

but 2000 units are important numbers when you talk about normal 360 weekly sales... :D

Xeke

Banned
Mirimar said:
Isn't Folk Soul low profile in the first place? It's probably off everyone's radar despite looking quite interesting. Hopefully decent word of mouth does something because it'd be disappointing not to see deserved sales by week's end. I know a lot of people on this board didn't even know about this game until the demo popped up.

Low profile or not it sold the same amount as Saints Row for the 360. Whats the excuse for that?

Kobun Heat said:
The last guy who tried to argue that his furry avatar wasn't furry got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.
Yup. If'n you're furry, and y'all aren't Branduil or Sonarrat, you'd best keep t'yerself, orrrrrr else.

*cracks knuckles

Xeke

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Yup. If'n you're furry, and y'all aren't Branduil or Sonarrat, you'd best keep t'yerself, orrrrrr else.

*cracks knuckles

Did you know the average human has more hair than a chimp?

Durante

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PS2 Mana Khemia - <20k
How many did they ship? What did the previous Atelier games sell first day?
Easier: Is this good or bad?

Also, Folks Soul numbers are very disappointing. Aesthetically at least, it's exactly the game I'd like to see more of, and then it sells like Saints ****ing Row.

ccbfan

Mirimar said:

Yeah I don't undestand it either. Its like expecting Baten Kaitos 2 to be the savior of Gamecube.

justchris

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ynos can feel in his heart the hearts of all Sony fans. He is like the Sony version of me.

HEY, SEGA FAN #489, STOP THINKING ABOUT TOUCHING LITTLE BOYS' BATHING SUIT AREAS!

Honestly, it's like a freaking day care at times.

Your newest avatar disturbs me.

Anyway, I think there are probably some Sega fans at Bioware still. They've probably just been afraid to admit it for fear of being mobbed by furries.

Fularu

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
The last guy who tried to argue that his furry avatar wasn't furry got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

My avatar comes back from the time my son in law stole all my rare games and sold them to a pawn shop (2003) and has always been the same ever since :p I remember making a thread here on GAF about storing your games in a safe (lost since the many server changes since ;)). It really has nothing to do with furry :p

Xeke

Banned
Fularu said:
My avatar comes back from the time my son in law stole all my rare games and sold them to a pawn shop (2003) and has always been the same ever since :p I remember making a thread here on GAF about storing your games in a safe (lost since the many server changes since ;)). It really has nothing to do with furry :p

Did he buy drugs?

Fularu

Banned
Panzer dragoon Saga (pal)
shining Force III Sc1 (pal)
Monster World IV (Jap)
Lunar SSSC (US)
Lunar EBC (US)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)

would beg to differ (among 40 other games)

Xeke

Banned
Fularu said:
Panzer dragoon Saga (pal)
shining Force III Sc1 (pal)
Monster World IV (Jap)
Lunar SSSC (US)
Lunar EBC (US)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)

would beg to differ (among 40 other games)

But how much pot was it?

Because thats a shit load of games...

justchris said:
Your newest avatar disturbs me.

Anyway, I think there are probably some Sega fans at Bioware still. They've probably just been afraid to admit it for fear of being mobbed by furries.
You're going to flip your biscuit when you see the next one.

Fularu

Banned
Who cares about the quantity of drugs? it's wasted money, no matter what. Anyway enough with the off topic and the origin of my avatar

Xeke

Banned
Fularu said:
Who cares about the quantity of drugs? it's wasted money, no matter what. Anyway enough with the off topic and the origin of my avatar

Well I'd debate that but this isn't the place for it. But, I don't condone stealing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Did fake/multi jimbo ever come back? We were so close to a conversation. If you ****ers keep up the pointless avatar discussion, I'll bust out the MC interest chart. I might anyway.

PantherLotus said:
Did fake/multi jimbo ever come back? We were so close to a conversation. If you ****ers keep up the pointless avatar discussion, I'll bust out the MC interest chart. I might anyway.
Your funeral, guv.

Xeke

Banned
PantherLotus said:

I dare you.

Terrell

So an Xbox 360 game and a PS3 game manage to outsell Wii Sports and make it to the Top 5.... and a 2000-console sales bump for 360 is the only notable change?

Seriously, if Resident Evil 4 can cause a minor sales bump for Wii and Ninja Gaiden Sigma does next to nothing... there's no spin to that.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nothing outside of a Final Fantasy game and a price drop will raise PS3 console sales for an extended period of time. The sad thing is, even that probably do everything that Sony needs to get back in the race, whether in Japan or North America. They need a miracle.

I think, barring MS being retarded and not announcing a price-drop on July 10th, Sony won't drop the price until after Christmas. If MS really wants to hurt Sony in the Western World, they will lose the Core system, drop the Premium 100 bucks and make the Elite 399. But something tells me that they don't really want to win this time around.

Terrell said:
So an Xbox 360 game and a PS3 game manage to outsell Wii Sports and make it to the Top 5.... and a 2000-console sales bump for 360 is the only notable change?
More like a 4 or 5 thousand bump for X360.
Seriously, if Resident Evil 4 can cause a minor sales bump for Wii and Ninja Gaiden Sigma does next to nothing... there's no spin to that.
Considering Wii seems to remain sold out, I don't think it's accurate to say RE4 created a bump. Nothing has had a chance to, really.

Terrell

JoshuaJSlone said:
More like a 4 or 5 thousand bump for X360.

Considering Wii seems to remain sold out, I don't think it's accurate to say RE4 created a bump. Nothing has had a chance to, really.
Well, I think it's two-fold, really, because based on the additional 10,000 consoles that were moved that particular week (which evened out again in following weeks) when Wii Sports sales didn't fluctuate by any significant number, perhaps Nintendo shipped more consoles in anticipation of a slight spike in interest due to RE4. So perhaps we're both right?

Endgegner

Could somebody explain why the psp sold so much better than last week? Increase of ~9000 units without any major game release? Was there a price drop or something? Seems like I am totally missing something...

Axord said:
Eh, I'd say any change of around 10k could be reasonably attributed to "consumer randomness".
It'd be better to consider percentage change; 10K is a small difference for DS but huge for X360. PSP's 35% jump is pretty big for randomness. It didn't jump that much for Golden Week.

Previous times PSP has jumped 35% or more from the previous week. Usually it's during the Decemberish holiday period when big bumps occur.

Week of 2007-09-12: 217% This was the week of white PSP, FF VII Advent Children, and Winning Eleven PSP.
Week of 2005-11-14: 90%
Week of 2005-11-28: 80%
Week of 2005-12-19: 69%
Week of 2006-02-27: 36% Valkyrie Proile bump, I guess.
Week of 2006-11-20: 85%
Week of 2006-12-11: 69%
Week of 2006-12-18: 183%
Week of 2007-01-01: 72%
Week of 2007-02-19: 190% Monster Hunter 2

Looking at things another way, I looked for the average absolute value of percentage change for PSP among weeks with 50% or less change. Arbitrary cutoff, meant to cut off those freak 90% weeks. Anyway, average is 13%, usually ranging from 5-21%, so 35 is quite irregular.

JoshuaJSlone said:
It'd be better to consider percentage change; 10K is a small difference for DS but huge for X360. PSP's 35% jump is pretty big for randomness. It didn't jump that much for Golden Week.

Previous times PSP has jumped 35% or more from the previous week. Usually it's during the Decemberish holiday period when big bumps occur.

Week of 2007-09-12: 217% This was the week of white PSP, FF VII Advent Children, and Winning Eleven PSP.
Week of 2005-11-14: 90%
Week of 2005-11-28: 80%
Week of 2005-12-19: 69%
Week of 2006-02-27: 36% Valkyrie Proile bump, I guess.
Week of 2006-11-20: 85%
Week of 2006-12-11: 69%
Week of 2006-12-18: 183%
Week of 2007-01-01: 72%
Week of 2007-02-19: 190% Monster Hunter 2

Looking at things another way, I looked for the average absolute value of percentage change for PSP among weeks with 50% or less change. Arbitrary cutoff, meant to cut off those freak 90% weeks. Anyway, average is 13%, usually ranging from 5-21%, so 35 is quite irregular.

Always appreciate your insightful analysis. :)

Top Bottom