• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/10-9/16 2007

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not as bad for Wii as I suspected- perhaps its bottomed out. And with Strikers for next week, I bet this is the lowest Wii number of the year.

Holy shit @ Wii, Nintendo better be pushing that panic button because the Wii has taken a nose dive and is dragging the DS along with it!

Wow @ PSP, though we all know that it`s not gonna last.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PS3 staying steady at 13K for two weeks in a row now.

Wii has another 3K drop down to 26K.

botticus

Looks like Wii and DS have just about bottomed out... well, I guess that includes PS2 and 3 as well. Starting to wonder if the PS2 is ever going to die.

Raw64life said:
PSP 95,487
DSL 79,974
Wii 26,181
PS2 13,128
PS3 13,101
Xbox360 1,243
GBM 714
GBASP 122
GC 97
DS 15
GBA 0
Now this is interesting... even as a Wii fan. How long can WiiSports prop a system up to insane heights? A little over nine months apparently.

Jcgamer60 said:
Is the Wii party over?
The Wii psychosis seems to be.

It's still the Japanese console market leader, and by a fairly large amount but yes the consistent sell outs, and even sustained high sales (with stock) seems to have stopped. It's time for them to get more games out there before they lose all momentum.

mj1108

Raw64life said:
PSP 95,487
DSL 79,974
Wii 26,181
PS2 13,128
PS3 13,101
Xbox360 1,243
GBM 714
GBASP 122
GC 97
DS 15
GBA 0

The 77,777 CC PSP's don't count so really only 17,710 real PSP's sold.
(I kid)

schuelma

Thunder Monkey said:
It's still the Japanese console market leader, and by a fairly large amount but yes the consistent sell outs, and even sustained high sales (with stock) seems to have stopped. It's time for them to get more games out there before they lose all momentum.

Well, the game drought is about over so I wouldn't be shocked if this is the lowpoint of the year.

schuelma

Thunder Monkey said:
It probably will be... but I'd say until one of the big namers is out that it will still stay low.

It will probably stay low relatively speaking, but I think it will stabilize a bit higher than it is now.

Christopher

nightsremote.gif

indie85

Banned
PSP 95,487
DSL 79,974
Wii 26,181
PS2 13,128
PS3 13,101
Xbox360 1,243
GBM 714
GBASP 122
GC 97
DS 15
GBA 0
Tyson.gif

BREATHE DEEP BOYS!

Well, this sure is a change from the last time I entered a MC thread, like 2 months ago.

The Wii is doing really bad it seems. 0_o And the DS under 100.000 OMG ;)
The holiday season could make a change to that, but as of now, I don't understand why the Wii has fallen so hard. Demand over? Larger shipments to the US (seems so) and Europe?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
DS is up over last week at least... seems ~80k might be its new stability all the massive RPGs start hitting. I really hope they sell!

AniHawk

Souldriver said:
I don't understand why the Wii has fallen so hard. Demand over? Larger shipments to the US (seems so) and Europe?

People have decided they don't like games anymore, so they all bought PSPs instead.

schuelma

Souldriver said:
Well, this sure is a change from the last time I entered a MC thread, like 2 months ago.

The Wii is doing really bad it seems. 0_o And the DS under 100.000 OMG ;)
The holiday season could make a change to that, but as of now, I don't understand why the Wii has fallen so hard. Demand over? Larger shipments to the US (seems so) and Europe?

End of summer slow down affecting everyone, including DS

No software released in a while

And possible..finally, after almost a year, Wii Sports may be getting a bit old?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Wiis are going to North America...? I've actually been seeing them in stores here lately.

schuelma

Dan said:
The Wiis are going to North America...? I've actually been seeing them in stores here lately.

Nope, just low demand.

Actually I reckon, its a combination of now new releases, a little market saturation, and low Wii supply. For the time being, we have just gone on over 24 months of watching the DS do 100k plus numbers week in and week out. Its about time, the public can pay there mortgages or rent or something. They can't just keep buying games.

Anyhow I do expect to see Animal Crossing, NSMB, BT2, Wii sports/play back in the top 10 at one point between now and January 08.

We have noticed for the last 3-4 weeks that the multi-million sellars club has been round the 10k numbers each. But we have seen this happen before, only for them to bounce right back around November, in time for Holiday season, where they are hitting 50-100k.

No one buys consoles in Japan. Wii supposedly falling off, but still twice as much as PS3, at its lowest point ever. At least Nintendo has time to catch up in manufacturing for the holiday rush, maybe I can find some stuff this year.

Same here. I see all 3 next gen consoles at my local stores now. Wii fad is over guys everyone can go home now. Maybe thats why Nintendo is just now releasing it in South Africa. They got 9 months to enjoy the fad so it continues at least SOMEWHERE in the world.

RevoDS

perfectchaos007 said:
Same here. I see all 3 next gen consoles at my local stores now. Wii fad is over guys everyone can go home now. Maybe thats why Nintendo is just now releasing it in South Africa. They got 9 months to enjoy the fad so it continues at least SOMEWHERE in the world.

At its lowest point ever Wii is still selling twice as much as its closest competitor and people are still predicting doom and gloom for Nintendo? :lol

...or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not too worried about the DS. I suspect SSBB and Wii Fit will spur Wii demand in the coming months.

AniHawk

RevoDS said:
At its lowest point ever Wii is still selling twice as much as its closest competitor and people are still predicting doom and gloom for Nintendo? :lol

...or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken?

Nnnno. We saw this happen to the PSP. It was supply-constrained for several months and finally the bottom fell out once the Japanese figured out it wasn't worth buying I guess. Of course, they released a new color this week or something so that's why it's so big right now.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Vilix said:
Not too worried about the DS. I suspect SSBB and Wii Fit will spur Wii demand in the coming months.

I predict: Wii Fit will crash even in Japan.

tanod

when is my burrito
Wow.

Maybe Sony should have dropped the price of PS3 this week. That would make next week REALLY interesting.

RevoDS

AniHawk said:
Nnnno. We saw this happen to the PSP. It was supply-constrained for several months and finally the bottom fell out once the Japanese figured out it wasn't worth buying I guess. Of course, they released a new color this week or something so that's why it's so big right now.

Even though PSP outsold the DS week-on-week in Japan at some point, DS always lead on PSP LTD, so both situations aren't comparable at all.

spwolf

indie85 said:
PSP 95,487
DSL 79,974
Wii 26,181
PS2 13,128
PS3 13,101
Xbox360 1,243
GBM 714
GBASP 122
GC 97
DS 15
GBA 0
Tyson.gif

BREATHE DEEP BOYS!

but, but, they all dropped!

p.s. how did you get my pic? :D

schuelma said:
Not as bad for Wii as I suspected- perhaps its bottomed out. And with Strikers for next week, I bet this is the lowest Wii number of the year.

Strikers will ensure that it's not allowed to go below double the PS3 weekly numbers

Top Bottom