• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/10-9/16 2007

botticus said:
Looks like Wii and DS have just about bottomed out... well, I guess that includes PS2 and 3 as well. Starting to wonder if the PS2 is ever going to die.

DS? maybe saturation is kicking in. Wii? nah, just the calm... err... "crash" before the storm

Mario is back to system seller status, and Smash bros will usher in a hord of NIntendo fans that have yet to buy a Wii. Problem solved.

AniHawk

RevoDS said:
Even though PSP outsold the DS week-on-week in Japan at some point, DS always lead on PSP LTD, so both situations aren't comparable at all.

The PS3 is just about to take off. They had an awesome TGS and by Spring 2008, I think it should be outselling Wii on a weekly basis.

jeremy1456

Wii has dropped to what the PS2 was doing at this point in it's life, as far as I remember.

Failure am total.

EDIT: I actually just proved myself wrong, Wii is selling a little more than 10,000 less than the PS2 sold at this point in it's life. The big difference was that the PS2 was seeing a ton of big releases in september of it's second year.

llTll

Banned
Wii sales are going down in frighting way. is it because of the lack of new games ? or people in japan are starting to wake up again ?

but i guess looking at the PS3 and 360 sales, i think its just because of no new games

Sage00

Once And Future Member
jeremy1456 said:
Wii has dropped to what the PS2 was doing at this point in it's life, as far as I remember.

Failure am total.

There's either a lot of sarcasm in this thread, or people have very short term memory.
Not remembering Media-Create Japanese sales numbers from 7 years ago = very short term memory

Wii numbers are going down at an alarming rate -- but so are DS numbers. Could this be a supply issue? Are they moving more units to N.America/Europe since Japan is a lock?

Avalon

llTll said:
Wii sales are going down in frighting way. is it because of the lack of new games ? or people in japan are starting to wake up again ?

I don't post in these threads very often, was there any truth to the whole "Nintendo shifting units from Japan to North America"?

I find it hard to believe that demand has taken such a nose dive. Especially consider how sudden it is (If I remember correctly, it took a sudden nose dive three weeks ago?).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AniHawk said:
The PS3 is just about to take off. They had an awesome TGS and by Spring 2008, I think it should be outselling Wii on a weekly basis.

Afrika is gonna own Wii Fit.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Avalon said:
I don't post in these threads very often, was there any truth to the whole "Nintendo shifting units from Japan to North America"?

I find it hard to believe that demand has taken such a nose dive. Especially consider how sudden it is (If I remember correctly, it took a sudden nose dive three weeks ago?).
No. Reports show that Wii is readily available in Japan. No supply problems.

ccbfan

Avalon said:

Nah according to all sources Wii is very easy to get in japan. Heck you can just order one from amazon if you want.

Obviously, as a biased Nintendo Fan, these PSP sales make me feel sad.

BUT I have to admit it, PSP is an awesome hand-held, and does deserve more respect.

P.S... PS3 is going to kill EVERYTHING!... MGS4 FTW!!!

Saitou

Banned
I'm not sure I want to live in a world where 26k consoles sold in a week spell failure.

Fuck you guys, I'm hopping on my time machine and going back to 1995.

Avalon

Sage00 said:
No. Reports show that Wii is readily available in Japan. No supply problems.

That's just crazy. Hopefully this stirs some change!

Then Mario Galaxy will be released and that will be it.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Saitou said:
I'm not sure I want to live in a world where 26k consoles sold in a week spell failure.

Fuck you guys, I'm hopping on my time machine and going back to 1995.
We live in a world where a $600 machine selling 4 MILLION is considered a "massive failure".

tanod

when is my burrito
Odysseus said:
the week before

:lol Don't ever change.

AniHawk

BishopLamont said:
No, but selling worse then a console you previously dominated last generation is a failure.

Also when it doesn't have any games and has a crappy controller that has to be redone to be brought up to the previous gen's standards without any external changes made in a decade.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
AniHawk said:
Also when it doesn't have any games and has a crappy controller that has to be redone to be brought up to the previous gen's standards without any external changes made in a decade.
:lol

But you forget, the triggers!

Saitou

Banned
AniHawk said:
Also when it doesn't have any games and has a crappy controller that has to be redone to be brought up to the previous previous gen's standards without any external changes made in a decade.

srsly, it wouldn't kill them to spice it up a little.

NO, HALF ASSED MOTION SENSING IS NOT A SPICE

WTF happened to Wii?

I mean sure, it's still doubling PS3, but that's not exactly something to be proud of.

What happened to the good ol' 8:1 days? Nintendo needs to bring out new software, stat!

Cryect

Saitou said:

srsly, it wouldn't kill them to spice it up a little.

NO, HALF ASSED MOTION SENSING IS NOT A SPICE

Who cares about spicing them up >_> just needs to be actually ergonomic. Most uncomfortable design of last generation (well besides the original XBox controller) and this generation.

Saitou

Banned
Cryect said:
Who cares about spicing them up >_> just needs to be actually ergonomic. Most uncomfortable design of last generation (well besides the original XBox controller) and this generation.
And the generation before that.

IF WE FORGET WE ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT

Saitou

Banned
Mar_ said:
So awesome. I was waiting for someone to youtube that. I was in tears the first time I saw it.
....why are they naked? This seems really stuOHMYGODHE'SSQUATTINGOHSHITOHSHITALTF4ALTF4ALTF4ALTF4ALTF4ALTF4ALTF4AJFjDSFKGBADSLIFGHASDBLIFBGAFGBlkbglsLHBlhblhbgl

CANNOT UNSEEEEEEEE

Sage00 said:
We live in a world where a $600 machine selling 4 MILLION is considered a "massive failure".
It's because of it's huge quick drop off that some consider it as such.

Sony doesn't have the momentum going forward to make too much of a show of it, Microsoft was a nonstarter, if Nintendo also begins to fall we might be seeing an emerging trend everyone could see coming from miles away.

A handheld dominant Japanese market.

We'll see how this fall plays out, but the market might be taking a huge shift right now and consoles are going to come up the losers.

If Wii sales persist at this 20,000 unit region after the Holidays and PS3 sales stay as low as they are, DS and PSP leading the market I'd say it's almost certain that handhelds will become the largest Japanese market. I'd say it's likely with DS nearing the 20 million mark.

We be seeing some fun times ahead methinks.

iceatcs

My bro just came back from Japan business trip. He went to Shinjuku for shopping few days ago, and he cannot believe so many 2nd hand Wiis on the shelf already.

Maybe that's why they don't count again the second hand.

Izzy

Banned
Wii numbers are disappointingly low considering PSP used to sell in the 30-40k bracket - and usually without games.

But next week figures should be much improved with the launch of Strikers and Katana.

Top Bottom