• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/10-9/16 2007

Laguna

Banned
Yeah, thats pretty much the reason why Japanese publisher presented this year only one third psp titles compared to last years TGS. Capcoms titles bombed badly only their MonsterHunter titles were very successfull. Also Namco who ported nearly every Tales of on PSP and have done a new Tales of the World for the PSP are back to mind and moved their focus away from PSP cause bad sales and are now focusing on NDS. I won´t remind you what flop Ridge Racer 2 was it barely reached 90k.

People are overestimating recent sales, Final Fantasy Crisis Core is this successful because it´s a -Final Fantasy 7- game, you know what kind of fanbase this game has, it was marketed as an legitimate prequel and not as a spin-off (Vincent am cry). PSP sales are besides FF7 also this big because there are many crazy Sonyfans out there who wants to have every redivision and color available, if psp-software sales this week barely match PSP-hardware you´ll have you´re prove.

Hammer24

Banned
I don´t want to start a new thread, and guess the Sales Age´ers are here anyway.

Tech.co.uk runs a story, stating the PS3 sold 710k in their Q1 fy (April 1st to June 30th 2007). Is this in line with the data we had, or does it provide new data for Europe, especially the launch?

Famitsu numbers

DSL 65000
PSP 278000
PS2 13000
PS3 12000
Wii 23000
360 1000

1.CCFF7 250000(LTD 710000)
2.Poke Dun 150000(LTD 730000)

9.Mario Strikers 25000
14.Katana 13000

Great CCFF7 2nd week, 1M+ LTD is very likely :D

Kyoufu

AnimeTheme said:
Great CCFF7 2nd week, 1M+ LTD is very likely :D

Wow, thats 1million seller confirmed.

And wow, 23k for Wii, never thought it'd go that low. Whats the next major release for PS3 and Wii?

_leech_ said:
Q: Are Wii sales low because it's slumping or is it just how many Wii's Nintendo shipped and it's still being sold out?
They're slumping, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. PS2 had similar numbers in this time of the year even at its early years.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
To SE's luck CC seems to sell alongside the new PSP, so if this tend continues and they can keep the sales of the new PSP high then CC wil have great legs. Who knows where it might end up, it could be a run like Wii-sports/ Brainage in the sense it will have an high attach ratio.

Wonder how MGPO+ is doing right now, I think it was pretty smart to relaunch this game alongside the PSP slim.

Loonz

I really think that PSP S&L launch perfectly timed with FFVII: CC and the absence of any relevant new game are hurting the Wii in Japan right now. The DS maybe it's reaching to the saturation point, don't know, but with the incredible line up it has for this christmas I don't think it's going to suffer a lot in the near future.

Wii has 2 huge Mario games for that period, but perhaps that couldn't be enough. The lack of announcements for 2008 in the Japan market could be damaging the console more than we though... or just not enough content in this moment of time. I don't know.

EDIT: could be the new PSP & FFVII: CC the new "fad" that makes Wii "old"? :D

cvxfreak said:
Sinobi has proven very reliable in the past.

On the other hand, can you provide the source for the Famitsu numbers?

I got the Fami numbers from someone who used to post trustworthy numbers in another (HK) forums. I supposed the actual source is still 2ch, as usual.

DSXBoy

Nintendo has underestimated the power of Playstation. The price of NDS needs to be cut from 16800yen to 15000yen which is the price of DS Phat. More games are needed for Wii plus a black Wii console needs to be launched soon.

Congrats to Sony for bringing PSP back from the DEAD and kicking Nintendo's ASS in the process. Has Nintendo become arrogant???? I expect Iwata's response shortly:D

Threi

notag
DSXBoy said:
Nintendo has underestimated the power of Playstation. The price of NDS needs to be cut from 16800yen to 15000yen which is the price of DS Phat. More games are needed for Wii plus a black Wii console needs to be launched soon.

Congrats to Sony for bringing PSP back from the DEAD and kicking Nintendo's ASS in the process. Has Nintendo become arrogant???? I expect Iwata's response shortly:D

what? :lol :lol :lol

D.Lo

DSXBoy said:

You can't be serious...

Jesus two weeks of great PSP sales due to CCFFVII LE and PSP Slim launch and the raging fanboys come out. Great CCFFVII sales though, expect alot of PSP support from SE in the future.

Can anyone confirm that there's still Wii in stock? Considering the large dropoff, I'm gonna guess they're still diverting consoles to other territories. I'm guessing DS stock is being held back for the holiday rush as well.

Both very good moves IMO.*

6czxzt4.gif

DSXBoy

D.Lo said:
You can't be serious...

I follow these Media Create threads weekly & I have noticed with alarm PSP sales have been rising steadily. Most posters including Myself expected the PSP to be dead now but look what's happened. I don't want Nintendo to repeat their past mistakes but I am worried that they have been lulled into a false sense of security by their recent sales success. I hope this PSP bounce is only temporary but you never know?.

Mariah Carey said:
I'm not downplaying the PSP's great sales, but I'm pretty sure if you had a Final Fantasy VII game released concurrently with a Wii-with-a-new-hat it would put up similar numbers.

Actually, I'm quite certain that you wouldn't. PSP, like DS, is hugely benefitting from Japan's handheld focus.

Brofist

DSXBoy said:

Yikes, someone forget to take their meds today.

dionysus

Yaldog
Ugg, more jRPGs are going to go to handhelds now.

I just don't get handheld gaming. I only use my psp for business trips. When I am at home, I want to play on a TV.

Wow, WTF again at Strikers (though this is no surprise after the terrible first day numbers.)

Double WTF at the Wii. Pretty far gone from the heady days of 6:1ing the PS3. Is there any decent software for the Wii in the next four weeks? This whole situation is looking more and more like a serious miscalculation on Nintendo's part, though I suppose the lineup for November/December is strong enough that whatever systems are sitting on shelves now may still all move before 2008.

Man... wish Square gave PSP a chance before putting the majority of ports/remakes on DS.

Oh well, guess that evasive FF7 port could always come out :O

Jonnyram

Legit numbers:
DSL 67000
PSP 264000
PS2 13000
PS3 11000
Wii 27000
360 1800

1. Pokemon Dungeon 176000(760000)
2. CCFF7 133000(603000)
3. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+ 89000
4. Mario Strikers 33000
5. Hitman Reborn 25000
7. Corda 2 18000
9. MGS PO+ Deluxe Pack 15000
16. Sengoku Musou Katana 12000
27. Nanatsu Iro 7800
--. Burnout PS2 6200
--. Deltora Quest 3600
--. Burnout PSP 3100
--. R-Type Tactics 2900
--. Elemental Monsters 1600
--. Madden NFL 1300
--. Dinosaur Monsters 700
--. Zero Yon 600
--. Gatchapin 600

6. Mario Party 19000 (819000)
10. FF Crystal Chronicles 14000 (353000)
14. DS Housekeeping 13000 (207000)
24. PW3 8200 (125000)
25. Fate/tiger 8200 (61000)
26. MinGol5 7900 (322000)
30. Bladestorm 7400 (104000)

Top Bottom