• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2014 (Mar 17 - Mar 23)

DaBoss

I definitely did not say that the PS4 won't get new games, what I said was why make predictions based on info we won't know about till it is announced. Predictions aren't set in stone, people can change them as they please as soon as more info comes.

Right now, the PS4 doesn't seem to have anything significant beyond FFXIV and maybe Watch_Dogs if the trend of western games doing well continues. We'll definitely hear some announcements at TGS that will fill up the release schedule.
He/She only said that we can't really base predictions on unannounced games. We struggle to foretell mid-term sales even when the release schedule is set in stone, let alone when it isn't.
Who are you arguing with? DaBoss didn't state games won't be coming, just that we can't give the benefit of the doubt and predict based on unannounced games.
Then we interpret it differently. Let's leave it at that.
And for the record, I didn't imply you made baseless predictions, just that DaBoss only stated that we can't do that. I am 100% certain there can either be none or a shitload of japanese system-sellers this holiday.
Heh, thanks for posting the thoughts I had lol. You pretty much interpreted the way I meant to express my posts.

And I am a male for future reference.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
08./02. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 44.659 / 614.379 (+20%)

I'm rooting for this bitch! Million-seller here we come!

I've already showed you the numbers. PS4 would have to do 2-3k a week for WiiU to gain that deficit throughout the year. I can't see the PS4 holiday being so bad and the WiiU's being so good that there will be a difference of 200k or so.

Did you forget the Holiday hardware boost WiiU got last year ?, it sold 389.119 units in the final eight weeks of the year and it got that boost with 3D World as the consoles only major title.

This Holiday season WiiU will more than likely have a MK8 bundle along with new releases like Smash, Bayo 2 and X. If it sold almost 390 000 off the back of 3D World alone last year then I think it's going to sell at least 600 000 in those same eight weeks this year. Add onto that the hardware sales spike from MK8 at the end of May and you have just added another million WiiU hardware sales onto the consoles 2014 sales.

I think WiiU will outsell PS4's 2014 Japanese sales quite easily because of the lack of Japanese focused PS4 software and the strength of Nintendo's first party output this year.

Also its silly to think we know the entire 2014 lineup of any console at this point in time.

You're right, Nintendo could very well announce Animal Crossing U at E3 for release this November :).

So dumb question but do we not get the rest of the Top 50 for a while or something?

I was curious to see what happened to Donkey Kong but it's dropped from the Top 30 so can't be tracked currently

So dumb question but do we not get the rest of the Top 50 for a while or something?

I was curious to see what happened to Donkey Kong but it's dropped from the Top 30 so can't be tracked currently

you can wait for Dengeki, which will give you position AND numbers :p

Takao

Banned
What's the highest selling of Level-5's own games, like Layton, LBX, Inazuma, etc?

The second Inazuma Eleven game sold 1,157,346 units in Japan. It's the third Inazuma Eleven game if you add the original release with The Ogre (1,018,381 + 461,791).

Both Layton (1,002,561), and LBX (328,323) peaked with their first release.

Tomohawk

I dunno, man. I feel like the cats that expected wild PS4 success in Japan were in the minority. Seems plainly obvious that Japan is a post-console market.

Personally I expect the Wii U to improve on last year, but perhaps not to the point where it beats the PS4 this year. Give 'em both a level start and it could easily go either way.

Its pre release hype, because no one knows how well a console is going to be received before its released. Remember the hilarious in hindsight nintendo, won japan thread cause wii u had dragon quest x and monster hunter 3 ultimate.

speaking of PAL charts, I'm curious about DK's sales over there :p

Probably did well in France and I think it did surprisingly ok in Germany [just based on continuing to chart somewhat]

Doubt it will do anything in the UK and don't think Spain is too hot on Nintendo

sörine

Banned
The second Inazuma Eleven game sold 1,157,346 units in Japan. It's the third Inazuma Eleven game if you add the original release with The Ogre (1,018,381 + 461,791).

Both Layton (1,002,561), and LBX (328,323) peaked with their first release.
So did Ni No Kuni (569,443) and White Knight Chronicles (339,690) although Level-5 doesn't own the latter.

Sakura

The real test for PS4's performance just begins you know. The only relevant title from now until July is another re-release.

I guess. But personally I don't really think it's that big of a deal if sales drop when no games are released, seems normal to me.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Wii U weekly sales (Famitsu #s) 2013 vs. 2014.
AGdk8Zv.png

Obviously a lot of this depends on the releases from June onwards.

Out of curiosity, I wonder whether Nintendo might try to bring other Lego titles to Japan, at least on the 3DS. The Wii U and 3DS continue to get these titles and they sell decently.

Nothing gets released for Wii U but it's stable.

When you see PS4 below PS3 it will be a big deal.

I actually have to say, looking at this, the Wii U has been remarkably hovering around 8K since week 5 or so. Weirdly DKC:TF didn't really seem to do anything in terms of that week's sales, but I kind of have to think sales would have been lower w/o DK on the horizon?....

Cipherr

Yokai Watch is beasting. Level 5 must be feeling pretty good. For a while they were looking......rough. Anime tie ins are a good thing I guess? I remember that other "Run for the" whatever game doing well too.

I really expected the 3DS to go higher than that this week. I wonder if we'll ever see the 3DS consistently above 50k without huge releases. Ground Zeroes sales are also pretty close between the PS4 and PS3 which seems to bode well for the core PS3 audience making the switch over.

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
3DS sales right now remind me of DS sales in 2008. Back then Nintendo announced the DSi in response to that. The 3DS XL was released in 2012. Don't count the 2DS because it is a downgrade. There must be some new 3DSi-type revision on the horizon.

Sandfox

ßig;105911426 said:
3DS sales right now remind me of DS sales in 2008. Back then Nintendo announced the DSi in response to that. The 3DS XL was released in 2012. Don't count the 2DS because it is a downgrade. There must be some new 3DSi-type revision on the horizon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just rode it out(though there could be a price drop or something) until they announce a new device next year or so.

sörine

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they just rode it out(though there could be a price drop or something) until they announce a new device next year or so.
Yeah, I get the impression they want to move to the "unified" handheld sooner rather than later but I still feel like we'll only an announcement next year maybe at E3. QOL platform in 2015, unified nOS handheld in 2016, unified nOS console in 2017.

Atlus: Pre-Order Persona Q Now!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/26/atlus-expect-persona-q-shortages-launch-japan/

“In the case of the last few Atlus games, be it [Shin Megami Tensei IV] or [Etrian Odyssey Untold], there have been a lot of stores out of stock after the first week, or in the worst cases, on release day itself. We feel deeply for all the customers that were looking forward to our games but contacted us saying, ‘I couldn’t buy it.’ For those who plan on buying Persona Q, we believe it is safer to pre-order the game. We’ll be counting on your orders.”
the struggle

Guru-Guru

Banned
Nice to see the Vita doing decently here in Japan. I bought one back in November, but it wasn't really until last month that I realized how great it is.

Shurayuki

sörine;105895256 said:
So did Ni No Kuni (569,443) and White Knight Chronicles (339,690) although Level-5 doesn't own the latter.

Didn't Level 5 work on Dragon Quest 9? I know it is kind of cheating but it sold way more than the titles listed above.

I am rooting for Youkai Watch to hit a million. If the trend keeps up it will likely sell more in the coming weeks then it did at launch which are some impressive legs. Also it is nice that Youkai Watch is no longer the anime tie in game with no anime.

Kid Ying

Wii U weekly sales (Famitsu #s) 2013 vs. 2014.
AGdk8Zv.png

Obviously a lot of this depends on the releases from June onwards.
Good one. Puts into perspective how bad wiiu software wise was last year.

This year, for now, is better. Even though is still awful. Either way, in 2014 se have those titles plus for the rest of the year:
One piece unlimited red
Bayonetta
Zelda musou
X
Smash Bros

Those are the guaranteed. There might be some more colaborations, stuff announced a couple of months before release, like just dance or some surprises. I guess namco may try another taiko and there might be some other games for the holidays... I dont know but for now, nintendo needs to try to mantain the momentum after kart.

Top Bottom