• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 14, 2015 (Mar 30- Apr 05)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
nice numbers for Super Robo and Xeno, good sales for 3DS, to me decent sales also for Vita and PS4. Even the Wii U seems stable.
MP10 hits the 100k mark, while DQ Theatritm could do it next week, when Bloodborne should hit the 200k mark.

Y'all gonna have to provide receipts for all these sold out reports, because that's not what we are seeing on Amazon and Yodobashi.

Yeah, it's funny to read all people writing "sold-out" when we have a title that actually went sold-out such that supply couldn't meet the demand (Etrian Mystery Dungeon, which came back in the chart last week, after two weeks of disappearance).

In the vast majority of cases, a high sell-through might simply signal that demand has been fully satisfied.

PerZona

Y'all gonna have to provide receipts for all these sold out reports, because that's not what we are seeing on Amazon and Yodobashi.

Believe me or not, I just came back from Japan and there's actually quite a few stores didn't have Bloodborne in stock.

A.J.

Banned
I wonder what the PS4's baseline will be. I'm thinking 18k optimistically and 10k pessimistically.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
That is one big drop. Goddayum!

How much did the Souls games sell?

This isnt America.

That and the game generally is not a title that is which the non core gamers latch onto. So pretty much this looks in line with how things were in the past.

The good side is that Sony most def is smart and not over-producing units so them selling through nearly most of their first shipment already made the game profitable domestically.

Icing on the cake is the fact its doing very well overseas.

crinale

Believe me or not, I just came back from Japan and there's actually quite a few stores didn't have Bloodborne in stock.

Well I work in Japan and at my commuting path there are pretty much have almost all major retailers lined up so I can testify and backup what you have seen lol.

sörine

Banned

source : japanltdranking (Famitsu numbers)

so retail + DD 300k, still 100k to become the top seller

if this happens, it will be the first time that a system in Japan has a western title as top seller
Well Tetris was the best selling Game Boy game in Japan until 1996/1997 but that might be cheating since it was still ported by a JP based dev (BPS).

It's not about bomba, it's about the decline and death of Senran Kagura.

Senran Kagura 2 : 66,484 (Famitsu numbers)

Senran Kagura Estival Versus : 83,061 (w/o PS4 2nd week, Famitsu numbers)

around 20k more than the previous (main) title you call that a decline ?

Javin98

Banned
ZQWDDzI.png

;P
I can't believe Sony didn't ship enough Bloodborne copies to Japan. They should have known it would be huge. I guess they were focusing on the US.

crinale

I can't believe Sony didn't ship enough Bloodborne copies to Japan. They should have known it would be huge. I guess they were focusing on the US.

Retailers have much stronger control over how much physical copies will come to the market. If they don't order then physical copies won't be printed, period.

test_account

XP-39C²
Checking Amazon and Yodobashi now isnt that helpful when talking about stock situations from last week though. I assume that is what people are referring to at least. I dont know about the stock situation from last week other than what Tsutaya's report said:

Tsutaya's report

- As it was expected 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen for PS3 and PSV were first and second respectively. Compared with the last entry, this time the difference between versions is smaller. It shows Vita's strength.
- One Piece Pirates Warriors 3 holds its position.
- Earth Defense Force 4.1 was almost sold out, and Bloodborne was completely out of stock. Both games are popular for PS4.
- Minecraft for Vita is emerging. This title and others releases are pulling Vita's Hardware.

For next week:

- The New School Term starts (April 6th), becoming one of the quietest times of the year. Almost no games are sold during this season.

Javin98

Banned
Retailers have much stronger control over how much physical copies will come to the market. If they don't order then physical copies won't be printed, period.
I guess they didn't expect Bloodborne to be such a big hit in Japan, then.

Bloodbomba

PS4 is actually doing "ok" in Japan. Not great but its definetly doing better then the PS3 did right? I feel like that thing was selling under 10k a week for most of the time until the slim was out

crinale

I guess they didn't expect Bloodborne to be such a big hit in Japan, then.

Pretty much, and they are also aware that people are becoming aware of digital version more and more, regardless of the platform. This makes retailers even more careful not to overstock games. This is because they basically can't return copies to publishers once payments are made..

sörine;159313741 said:
Well Tetris was the best selling Game Boy game in Japan until 1996/1997 but that might be cheating since it was still ported by a JP based dev (BPS).

but I meant in general not only for a specific time
if Minecraft becomes the top seller, I can hardly imagine some other game will sell more, nothing so strong on the horizon for Vita, considering it's very unlikely an hypothetic God Eater 3 will be exclusive

sörine

Banned
Bloodbomba

PS4 is actually doing "ok" in Japan. Not great but its definetly doing better then the PS3 did right? I feel like that thing was selling under 10k a week for most of the time until the slim was out
I'm pretty sure it's still behind GC, PS3 and Wii U launch aligned. Maybe it finally passed Dreamcast though? We need a new failed consoles line chart.

if Minecraft becomes the top seller, I can hardly imagine some other game will sell more, nothing so strong on the horizon for Vita, considering it's very unlikely an hypothetic God Eater 3 will be exclusive
Well, that specific time was 7-8 years for Tetris so it was basically like a regular system lifecycle. Game Boy's sort of weird like that since it sort of had two distinct lifecycles; pre-Pokémon and post-Pokémon.

I wonder what the PS4's baseline will be. I'm thinking 18k optimistically and 10k pessimistically.

I'm thinking 23k optimistically and 18k pessimistically. I'm sure there is enough evidence that PS4 & PSV will remain in the 20k baseline.

Atram

Bloodbomba

it´s doing worse than PS3 in Japan.

crinale

Well they have Dragon Quest Heroes 2 but that's cross-gen so yeah it may not do much.
Unless SE is trying to go MH-style like they hinted at Famitsu

Ugh. I hoped Rodea would've done okay. I think it looks great (will be buying when it releases over here) and I like Kadokawa. Guess the answer to "will it outsell Natural Doctrine?" is a resounding "no", and that's one hell of a bad result.

On the plus side, Xenoblade did well imo. And Super Robot Wars... is down, but still sold very well. And Minecraft holding on well!

Shame SAO tumbled so much. But EDF sold pretty decently (I was expecting more Onechanbara/Omega Quintet tier).

Mixed emotions this week!

Didn't Tsutayatsyat say that Bloodborne was sold out as well. Though I doubt its sold out everywhere, just in some places so I won't read too much into it.

DkS had an 88% drop. Bloodborne has dropped around 85% (did it in my head so its not exact).

Still I was expecting more (250k LTD seems out of sight).

sörine;159314347 said:
I'm pretty sure it's still behind GC, PS3 and Wii U launch aligned. Maybe it finally passed Dreamcast though? We need a new failed consoles line chart.

I made the vs. comparisons and nobody cared...

A big shame that Bloodborne wasn't a smash hit I guess. Legs pls. It's expected that Bloodborne will sell more in western markets, correct?

Edit: Updated comparison charts would be appreciated!!

Javin98

Banned
Pretty much, and they are also aware that people are becoming aware of digital version more and more, regardless of the platform. This makes retailers even more careful not to overstock games. This is because they basically can't return copies to publishers once payments are made..
I see. This makes sense. They are planning to replenish the stock, though, right?

Not in japan. ~250K in total and 200K for the first shipment makes absolutely sense.
Yet it was unable to keep up with demand. XD

Well they have Dragon Quest Heroes 2 but that's cross-gen so yeah it may not do much.

DQH2 is already good if sells more than 100k on Vita, c'mon... :D

the only one title which can (might) sell more than 400k on Vita would be GE3, nothing more nothing less (as far as we know about current line-up of course)

but I have to admit I'm getting curious about Kan Colle... it's performing really good on both amazon and comgnet and I don't know the reason

A.J.

Banned
Wait, SE said DQH2 would be a hunting action game instead of a musou?

Vroadstar

A big shame that Bloodborne wasn't a smash hit I guess. Legs pls. It's expected that Bloodborne will sell more in western markets, correct?

Edit: Updated comparison charts would be appreciated!!

Being reasonable - I can't see it outdoing Dark Souls II numbers. So a fair bit less than that.

Come on now, even before it was released you were already playing down the numbers...

crinale

Wait, SE said DQH2 would be a hunting action game instead of a musou?

Please note that this was before DQH2 announcement.

http://www.famitsu.com/serial/tsubakigame/201503/31075117.html

The Famitsu article (published before DQH2 was revealed) stated that Ichimura got many request to include online multiplayer. He dodged the interviewer's final question that if sequel exists (lol) whether it would have online multiplayer or not.

(Though it's worth mentioning that in the article he kept insisting if devs are to add online multiplayer they should re-design entire game from ground up).

All they mentioned is the possibility to have online multiplayer element. However DQH bosses are really like Toukiden bosses, so..

small44

DQH2 is already good if sells more than 100k on Vita, c'mon... :D

the only one title which can (might) sell more than 400k on Vita would be GE3, nothing more nothing less (as far as we know about current line-up of course)

but I have to admit I'm getting curious about Kan Colle... it's performing really good on both amazon and comgnet and I don't know the reason

Kancolle kai will do 400k easily

Eolz

Bloodborne will probably get a small boost in some years with a new "The Best" collection from Sony anyway.

arevin01

BB with likely have 230-250k LTD in Japan so combined with EU+NA, it will probably end with a worldwide LTD of 1.5-2mil. Thats just about right for a souls game.

Top Bottom