• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2015 (Jul 20 - Jul 26)

Ōkami;173503194 said:
So instead of coming out the same day as Dragon Quest VIII, Kancolle is now coming out around the same time of Monster Hunter X.

I know fanbases don't really overlap and they're coming out on different systems, but what's up with Kancolle being released at the same time a major game?

Maybe they really believe in the power of shipgirls.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sine I know some people have asked about Konami's mobile performance in the past, this is their current flagship. I noticed it made it to #2 today which reminded me I never posted a chart:

powapro6vsug.png

This is the same PowaPro series you'll remember for these performances per JapanLTDRank:

2014:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2014 ( Konami ) { 2014-10-23 } -         76,924 / 132,841
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2014 ( Konami ) { 2014-10-23 } -         42,397 / 66,804

2013:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         84,103 / 228,093
PSP : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         37,982 / 119,307
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         22,396 / 51,448

2012:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         63,346 / 134,431
PSP : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         26,465 / 82,791
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         14,669 / 32,765

They should just cancel it and make a sword boys game.

needs an anime adaptation first

and then they need to decide on what kind of game to make

even if its something silly like a musou game (wait, this sounds amazing) it'll probably sell like hotcakes

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet retail store chain: peace / love, as of July 30th, 2015. "Peace" and "love" are registered trademarks for "No DQXI platform discussions anymore!".

[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 655pt*
[3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 193pt + 175pt = 368pt

[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - 178pt*
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII - 241pt*
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2 - 101pt
[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes - 169pt
[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes - 106pt
[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII - 202pt

[3DS] Super Robot Wars UX - 69pt*
[3DS] Super Robot Wars BX - 62pt

[PSV] IA/VT Colorful - 31pt + 20pt = 51pt

[PS3] Date a Live: Rinne Utopia - 40pt*
[PS3] Date a Live: Arusu Install - 29pt
[PSV] Date a Live Twin Edition: Rio Reincarnation - 29pt + 17pt = 46pt

* = Comg preorder pts from 2012/2013
** = Comg preorder pts up to 2010/2011

Note: Comgnet's ratio between actual please and understand has grown overall in the past year / years, and older preorders points are not as reliable for comparisons as most recent ones, especially if they are from years and years ago.

Ehhh? And here i am enjoying PADZ a lot too. It free me from all that evil gacha system.^_^

And seeing MS3DS, it seems they are actually giving tons of cares for the game there as it looks good too.^_^
To be fair I'm opinionated since I'm currently playing three separate editions of the PAD. But the lack of media for the game pre-release plus the horribly generic anime artstyle of what did release just screamed B game to me.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any reason why gaming prices (perhaps other items as well) are listed without tax on the pricet ags? Seems kinda unconvenient for the customers to not know the exact asking price by looking at the price tags alone.

NX is a handheld.
Have Nintendo said that for sure?

Oregano

Unless NX is a handheld and if we're presuming it launches on PS4/3DS first, it'll almost certainly be PS4.

I almost think NX has to be a handheld because I don't see why Square Enix would be so eager to get on board the Wii U successor. I'd also guess that something like DQ Builders would be heading to Wii U if that were the case too.

Vena

Have Nintendo said that for sure?

No, but we know the SKU exists from Matt. Its, at this point, a given that we will see two pieces of hardware, and one of them is most certainly a handheld and most certainly needed to replace the middle-ware-less 3DS.

Jigorath

Banned
I almost think NX has to be a handheld because I don't see why Square Enix would be so eager to get on board the Wii U successor. I'd also guess that something like DQ Builders would be heading to Wii U if that were the case too.

Pretty much yeah. Any support Nintendo's next console actually gets is going to be dependent on how it sells. Square and other 3rd parties will test the waters but if it ends up like the WiiU well then...

Arzehn

I think the NX is 2 products. Nintendo Crossplay.

The handheld will come out first and the console will come out after. All games that work on the handheld will work on the console, and vice versa. So it's not a hybrid console, like they've denied, but it's basically the same thing. Just 2 different pieces of hardware, that play the same software. The API will allow for scalability so the games will look better on the console.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sine I know some people have asked about Konami's mobile performance in the past, this is their current flagship. I noticed it made it to #2 today which reminded me I never posted a chart:

powapro6vsug.png

This is the same PowaPro series you'll remember for these performances per JapanLTDRank:

2014:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2014 ( Konami ) { 2014-10-23 } -         76,924 / 132,841
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2014 ( Konami ) { 2014-10-23 } -         42,397 / 66,804

2013:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         84,103 / 228,093
PSP : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         37,982 / 119,307
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013 ( Konami ) { 2013-10-24 } -         22,396 / 51,448

2012:
PS3 : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         63,346 / 134,431
PSP : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         26,465 / 82,791
PSV : Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 ( Konami ) { 2012-07-19 } -         14,669 / 32,765

I swear, I was going to post a small feature about Pawapuro mobile. Oh, well, I'll need to say something about Monster Gear, instead.

To be honest, it's not a bad performer, It peaked at 9th on May 30th (16 days after the initial release), and it stayed steadily in top 25 for nearly 3 weeks. Then, it started dropping out of top 40, but it went up as well, even nearing its former best performance on June 10th (14th). Up till July, it went from 20s to 40s. Just the last month, the game started falling off top 40, and it reached its lowest ranking one week ago, 73rd on July 23rd. But, again, it also showed signs of good answers from users. And, on July 29th, 16th again. It's not a major hit and download ranking is around 200th currently (so, not that many new owners), but the current owners are big or (above all) interested enough in the game to make it stay in grossing charts even after major events, and to make it peak even just outside of top 10 grossing overall. It's a decent mid-size hit for SEGA (especially seeing the game itself) which obtained to keep their customers curious and interested about this products. I mean, unlike Square with Mobius.

Jigorath

Banned
I think the NX is 2 products. Nintendo Crossplay.

The handheld will come out first and the console will come out after. All games that work on the handheld will work on the console, and vice versa. So it's not a hybrid console, like they've denied, but it's basically the same thing. Just 2 different pieces of hardware, that play the same software. The API will allow for scalability so the games will look better on the console.

I highly doubt that. Nintendo has always valued exclusivity and unique experiences. It'd be strange for them to suddenly start putting the same games on the console and handheld. It'll also hurt their software sales, which is Nintendo's bread and butter, as people aren't going to want to buy the same game twice. And it'll hurt 3rd party support to try and force them to develop both handheld and console versions of the same game when they may not want to.

Arzehn

I highly doubt that. Nintendo has always valued exclusivity and unique experiences. It'd be strange for them to suddenly start putting the same games on the console and handheld. It'll also hurt their software sales, which is Nintendo's bread and butter, as people aren't going to want to buy the same game twice. And it'll hurt 3rd party support to try and force them to develop both handheld and console versions of the same game when they may not want to.

I think it could only help software sales. Splatoon for example, would have sold way more if there was 2 ways to play it, instead of just on the WiiU. They're limiting the audience. Just like how many people in the west want to play Monster Hunter on a big screen.

Frodo

I still can't believe that of all titles Splatoon was the one to elevate Wii U's flatline base-line. Hopefully NX will bring on some new interesting IPs too.

Aki-at

Some mobile SEGA news courtesy of their latest report;

- SEGA has increased the number of "big" hits (Titles that manage more than 500 million yen a month) from the last report from 2 to 5. Chain Chronicle and Puyo Quest are joined by Monster Gear and Hortensia Saga, I'm guessing the fifth is Sonic Dash?
- Total downloads of 228 millions of their mobile games (68 million in Japan)
- Only 20 mobile games releasing this year, seems they really aren't looking to flood the market anymore (They actually have more retail games this year, 34)
- They're expecting some RIDICULOUS (Albeit realistic) growth levels, 463% increase in Asia and 256% in Europe and America. Considering how big Hortensia Saga and Monster Gear have been so far, Asian growth is likely but I'm not sure other than Sonic Runners where the big Euro/American growth is coming from.
- Invested 17% in Auer Entertainment, a Taiwan mobile and MMO company for help in penetrating the Asian market.
- NOAH Pass users and participating developers continue to increase, total users up from 89 million to over 100 million and developers up from 89 to 100.

Some non-mobile related news from SEGA thanks to Famitsu who had an interview with Masayoshi Yokoyama, head of scenerio development for Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. The team is currently recruiting for high-end gaming development (With a total headcount of 150 so far) and the team is working on something that isn't Yakuza (From what I can get out of a rough google translation.) decided to opt out of making a thread until I had a proper translation.

Is there any reason why gaming prices (perhaps other items as well) are listed without tax on the pricet ags? Seems kinda unconvenient for the customers to not know the exact asking price by looking at the price tags alone.

new rule introduced after last tax rising in April 2014, and yes it's very boring when you go to supermarket and realize eggs or milk are not the price showed but you have to add 8%

recently there was also some discussion about Nintendo showing their products with tax while TP titles are showed without it, or maybe it was the opposite, don't remember correctly, I just remember there was a sorta discussion

Some non-mobile related news from SEGA thanks to Famitsu who had an interview with Masayoshi Yokoyama, head of scenerio development for Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. The team is currently recruiting for high-end gaming development (With a total headcount of 150 so far) and the team is working on something that isn't Yakuza (From what I can get out of a rough google translation.) decided to opt out of making a thread until I had a proper translation.

I remember in April I found a Sega Games announcement about hiring people for game testers, there were 3 specific categories : mobile, PSO2 and tv games

of course I applied, but my japanese skills are not enough yet :(

so I hope it's real that they are working on some console/handheld games and best news is that it's not Yakuza

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Some mobile SEGA news courtesy of their latest report;

- SEGA has increased the number of "big" hits (Titles that manage more than 500 million yen a month) from the last report from 2 to 5. Chain Chronicle and Puyo Quest are joined by Monster Gear and Hortensia Saga, I'm guessing the fifth is Sonic Dash?
- Total downloads of 228 millions of their mobile games (68 million in Japan)
- Only 20 mobile games releasing this year, seems they really aren't looking to flood the market anymore (They actually have more retail games this year, 34)
- They're expecting some RIDICULOUS (Albeit realistic) growth levels, 463% increase in Asia and 256% in Europe and America. Considering how big Hortensia Saga and Monster Gear have been so far, Asian growth is likely but I'm not sure other than Sonic Runners where the big Euro/American growth is coming from.
- Invested 17% in Auer Entertainment, a Taiwan mobile and MMO company for help in penetrating the Asian market.
- NOAH Pass users and participating developers continue to increase, total users up from 89 million to over 100 million and developers up from 89 to 100.

Thanks. Copying this out as a new thread as well.

Well it seems they're definitely interested in making it a new mainstay of their strategy.

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-Through {2015.07.30}

[3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer # <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥4.320) - 60-70%
Amiibo Cards supply constrained

[PSV] Ray Gigant <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.664) - 30%

[PSV] Date-A-Live Twin Edition: Rio Reincarnation <Date A Live: Rine Utopia Date A Live: Ars Install> # <ADV> (Compile Heart) (¥7.344) - 60%

[PSV] IA/VT: Colorful # <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥5.184) - 50%

Rabidds Land

[3DS] Akogare Girls Collection: Wan Nyan Doubutsu Byouin - Suteki na Juui-San ni Narou! <ADV> (Nippon Columbia) (¥5.184)
[3DS] Go! Princess PreCure Sugar Oukoku to 6-nin no Princess! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.119)

Vena

First Day Sell-Through {2015.07.30}
[PSV] Ray Gigant <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.664) - 30%
[PSV] Date-A-Live Twin Edition: Rio Reincarnation <Date A Live: Rine Utopia Date A Live: Ars Install> # <ADV> (Compile Heart) (¥7.344) - 60%
[PSV] IA/VT: Colorful # <ACT> (Marvelous) (¥5.184) - 50%
Rabidds Land
[3DS] Akogare Girls Collection: Wan Nyan Doubutsu Byouin - Suteki na Juui-San ni Narou! <ADV> (Nippon Columbia) (¥5.184)
[3DS] Go! Princess PreCure Sugar Oukoku to 6-nin no Princess! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.119)

Everything but AC... oof.

I wonder if Marvelous is done with 3DS.
They haven't had any successes since Story of Seasons.

Wasn't SoS successful?

so dq for ps4/3ds/nx

se hasn't dropped the ball completely afterall

this also kinda confirms everyone's suspicion that nx will release sometime next year and will probably be one platform/multiple skus ala apple style.

Top Bottom