• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2017 (Aug 14 - Aug 20)

Fisico

And that DQXI digital numbers... very good. Especially for the PS4 version. 1.5m should be a lock now. The 3DS numbers are a little disappointing though. I was expecting more (like 80-100k).

That's better than expected for the digital number of DQXI 3DS, no big title had such a high ratio of digital sales on the platform (minus Animal Crossing, but it was due to shortage of the physical edition), 3-4% is the norm, 5-6% is a great performance.

PS4 is around 10% which is what it should have done.

PREDICTION LEAGUE SEPTEMBER 2017

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Aug 28 to Sep 24):

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 124k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 87k
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 65k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 40k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 60k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 80k

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 200k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 120k
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 80k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 41k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 35k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 70k

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu gave GEO top 10

01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800)
02. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥5.980)
03. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.07.29} (¥8.980)
04. [3DS] The Snack World: TreJarers <RPG> (Level 5) {2017.08.10} (¥4.800)
05. [NSW] Splatoon 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980)
06. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980)
07. [PS4] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.08.24} (¥6.980)
08. [PSV] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.08.24} (¥5.980)
09. [PS4] Megadimension Neptunia VIIR <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2017.08.24} (¥6.800)
10. [3DS] Great Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo <ADV> (Capcom) {2017.08.03} (¥5.800)

Bigger Switch shipmenst for them too, they expect legs for MHXX as install base increases.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Bundles aren't included. Almost very game, except of the Switch ones, dropped a lot this week, Snack World is likely below 20k.

LordKano

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 175k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 85k
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 60k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 55k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 50k

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 175k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 90k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 45k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 85k

noshten

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 140K
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 165K
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 65K
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 44K
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 39K
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 125K

Fisico

I'm sure MH4 and MHX had a 5-10% digital ratio in 3DS since they faced big supply problems at launch.

I didn't think about these ones, but point is indeed that without supply problems major games on 3DS have a <5% digital ratio, or rather had since it was not the case with DQXI here.

ggx2ac

Sora to Umi no Aida has hit 200k pre-registration downloads.

https://forwardworks.com/news/20170829-01/

Play the game in the first 7 days of release to get 1200 rainbow balls. (Will release in October)

There's over a month until the game releases. In comparison, Everybody's Golf for Smartphones was at 400k pre-registration downloads before release.

casiopao

Square Enix just launched Dia Horizon mobile game.

It is part of their multimedia project with anime coming in October 2017. Looking by the art, it looks nice and it seems to have a battle system based by card type.

Going to be interesting to see how it will perform for S-E.

DENA's new mobile game Macross de Uta Smartphone deculture also seems to be doing well. Many fans is crazy for seeing many of their waifus singing and dancing lol.

Hawkens

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 250k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 90k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 50k

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
No hints from retailer blogs for this week's Switch shipment and how much it will drop comparing to the last one. Lotteries at weekend will be the only sign of it.

There is always the possibility the blog will leak numbers tomorrow a few hours before the official report.

dno_1966

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 165k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 95k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 55k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 45k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 85k

Bruno MB

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 165.000
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 115.000
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 75.000
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 40.000
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 36.000
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 55.000

Eolz

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 108k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 112k
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 79k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 54k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 47k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 66k

Ōkami

So according to the newest Famitsu best ever poll, the best games ever are:

Persona 5
Dragon Quest III
Splatoon
Nier: Automata

Poll was probably done before DQXI or Splatoon 2 came out.

&#332;kami;247331126 said:
So according to the newest Famitsu best ever poll, the best games ever are:

Persona 5
Dragon Quest III
Splatoon
Nier: Automata

Poll was probably done before DQXI or Splatoon 2 came out.

talk about recency bias I wonder what this list was 5 years ago

hiska-kun

I guess this week all will depend on weekend's lotteries.

Since the situation in Europe seems to be improving a little, I wonder if more stock will head to Japan on September and October.

casiopao

[PS4] New Everybody's Golf (25 days) - 100k
[PS4] Destiny 2 (19 days) - 100k
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (11 days) - 50k
[3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (10 days) - 40k
[PS4] Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (4 days) - 30k
[NSW] Pokken Tournament DX (3 days) - 90k

hiska-kun

The blog is leaking some sales.

Yomawari sold 16k

Monster Hunter sold 80k (don't know if bundles are included). If Media Create numbers are 80k as well, then they are included.

Yomawari sold 16k

Monster Hunter sold 80k (don't know if bundles are included). If Media Create numbers are 80k as well, then they are included.

That's really low if it includes bundles. Makes me think that the amount of MH bundles must have been really small.

16k combined for Yomawari? That's... low. Last game opened to 22k Vita only.

It's a sequel, so that it's a bit lower than the first game is a possibility that the developers should have taken into consideration when they greenlit the project. I think that they wanted to avoid a lower opening by bringing the game to PS4 as well. Looks like that didn't help and the two platforms didn't expand the fanbase beyond those interested in the first game. It's a shame, because the first game was very lovely. Yomawari: Night Alone did a good job on Steam (24,300 owners according to SteamSpy) and hopefully had decent success in the west, which could justify development of this game for all platforms that it's coming out for.

Such a shame that NIS's recent efforts didn't pay off. Yomawari looked like a game that could turn into a small but nice series. Hopefully that's still the case... But after the flop Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 was and how games like Exile Election and Hakoniwa Company Works didn't work out, it doesn't look too good for the company. Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain did very well on Vita, but I doubt the PS4 version will add many sales to it in Japan. The dungeon RPG genre is very niche in the west and I'm not sure a PS4 version will save the day for this game if/when it gets localised.

Maybe the Switch can help out. NISA is bringing Penny-Punching Princess to the Switch in addition to Vita. I haven't seen any confirmation of the Switch version getting a Japanese release tbh. After the success of Disgaea 5 (mostly in the west), maybe a Switch port could help a couple of games expand their market. Hakoniwa Company Works is built in Unreal Engine 4, so that shouldn't be too much work to port to the Switch OS (hopefully the game can run decent on Switch hardware). I'd say Yomawari 1+2 would be worth the try too.

L~A

Yomawari sold 16k

So much for that "sudden rise in interest" close to launch, heh. Don't want to imagine what sales would've been like without it, then.

It's a sequel, so that it's a bit lower than the first game is a possibility that the developers should have taken into consideration when they greenlit the project. I think that they wanted to avoid a lower opening by bringing the game to PS4 as well. Looks like that didn't help and the two platforms didn't expand the fanbase beyond those interested in the first game. It's a shame, because the first game was very lovely. Yomawari: Night Alone did a good job on Steam (24,300 owners according to SteamSpy) and hopefully had decent success in the west, which could justify development of this game for all platforms that it's coming out for.

Such a shame that NIS's recent efforts didn't pay off. Yomawari looked like a game that could turn into a small but nice series. Hopefully that's still the case... But after the flop Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 was and how games like Exile Election and Hakoniwa Company Works didn't work out, it doesn't look too good for the company. Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain did very well on Vita, but I doubt the PS4 version will add many sales to it in Japan. The dungeon RPG genre is very niche in the west and I'm not sure a PS4 version will save the day for this game if/when it gets localised.

Maybe the Switch can help out. NISA is bringing Penny-Punching Princess to the Switch in addition to Vita. I haven't seen any confirmation of the Switch version getting a Japanese release tbh. After the success of Disgaea 5 (mostly in the west), maybe a Switch port could help a couple of games expand their market. Hakoniwa Company Works is built in Unreal Engine 4, so that shouldn't be too much work to port to the Switch OS (hopefully the game can run decent on Switch hardware). I'd say Yomawari 1+2 would be worth the try too.

The company seems to have been coasting off NISA's efforts for a good few years now, I can't remember the last major domestic success they had. They've had minor strong sellers like Coven and the original Yomawari, but they're miles off their PS2 days.

Presumably they'll be banking on western sales for this one too, but I can see it being lower than the original game.

Yomawari sold 16k

Well, like clockwork. Now we can clearly see there is no future for MH on Nintendo platforms. Well done capcpom

/S

Bruno MB

Monster Hunter XX: Double Cross Nintendo Switch Ver. sales are in line with Capcom's efforts handling this release. They are merely reaping what they sowed.

We'll have to see if that includes bundles. If so, that's awful. Deserved for the shit handling of the release. But awful no matter how you slice it.

Top Bottom