• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2012 (Aug 20 - Aug 28)

First day sellthrough

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - 50-60%
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 50%
Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi - 50% (limited edition 70%)
Kami Jigen Game Neptune V - 50%
Mobile Suit Gundam Age: Cosmic Drive >>> Mobile Suit Gundam Age: Universe Accel

Nice for all of them (at least those who have a precise figure). Do we know shipment numbers?

Nekki

Nice ST for those games. They could see good numbers.

And Mario, yeah, certainly disappointing sales thus far. But people are right that we should wait and see how it fares around holiday time (dec-jan) to proclaim it a total failure. NSMB did a lot more than this and was released in May, a better period, and it had more time to sell almost 3.5m when it reached its first holiday.

Of course, maybe after five years we see it has sold well. I think my personal threshhold is somewhere between 3.25-3.75m.

BadWolf

Nice, looks like Vita will get a another temporary boost.

Anything else worth mentioning for it, in terms of sales, on the horizon after Miku?

Spiegel

Anything else worth mentioning for it, in terms of sales, on the horizon after Miku?

Nope, until the end of the year there are 2 or 3 games with a chance of selling >50k LTD and that's all.

The announced line up is awful and the system will get even more drowned with all the PS3/3DS/WiiU releases. Sony better have some unannounced games ready for the end of the year.

Nope, until the end of the year there are 2 or 3 games with a chance of selling >50k LTD and that's all.

The announced line up is awful and the system will get even more drowned with all the PS3/3DS/WiiU releases. Sony better have some unannounced games ready for the end of the year.
If they did, it'd already have been announced. Sony is not Nintendo, they like to hype their releases way before its anywhere ready.

Look at Soul Sacrifice, its Vita's biggest hope and thats most likely a 2013 release. Forget 2012.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If they did, it'd already have been announced. Sony is not Nintendo, they like to hype their releases way before its anywhere ready.

Its not uncommon for 3rd parties to unveil projects in September and release them before the year is out.

BadWolf

Thanks.

Ouch, feel so bad for this wonderful piece of tech.

Gradivus

First day sellthrough

Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi - 50%
Kami Jigen Game Neptune V - 50% (limited edition 70%)

All of them seem to be doing well for now!

Good to see FE is still in the top 50 :p

Nice, looks like Vita will get a another temporary boost.

Y's (porting?), 27 Sep.
Totori no Atelier porting, 29 Nov.
Fate/Stay Night (porting?), 29 Nov.
AKB1/53, 20 Dec.

Spiegel

Look at Soul Sacrifice, its Vita's biggest hope and thats most likely a 2013 release. Forget 2012.

My Nintendo is also not your Nintendo either, I guess, because we are still waiting for games announced at E3 2010.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Its not uncommon for 3rd parties to unveil projects in September and release them before the year is out.

Yeah, the best argument about there not being more Vita announcements for this year is that Sony has been pathetic as opposed to the timing.

The fact is that Vita's situation in Japan (and also worldwide) should have change the common strategy to announce games just a few months before the actual release.

schuelma

The fact is that Vita's situation in Japan (and also worldwide) should have change the common strategy to announce games just a few months before the actual release.

I agree, and I am skeptical there is anything really substantial coming, but it is absolutely possible. Hell Nintendo still hasn't unveiled the Wii U in Japan!

Nekki

With TGS coming soon, i am very anxious in seeing what Nintendo and Sony are going to bring.

Nintendo on one hand, does not need to be as aggressive as last year, showing the most epic game reel i have ever seen in my life. This year they can take it at a more leisurely pace, without stopping the agressive market takeover.

Sony on the other hand, well, we all just expect things, and i just wonder what they can offer.

I also cannot wait until Wii U's september conference. I wonder what kind of japanese support they will announce. Maybe it being held in NY is not a good sign that they will show much of that, maybe they will show the exclusively japanese support at TGS (likely).

Man, Nintendo should have its own country, where localization and such things will never matter... and no region locking!

schuelma

I also cannot wait until Wii U's september conference. I wonder what kind of japanese support they will announce. Maybe it being held in NY is not a good sign that they will show much of that, maybe they will show the exclusively japanese support at TGS (likely).

From Iwata's tweet from the other day, it doesn't look like there is going to be a September conference in Japan, at least for revealing Wii U. I expect a Nintendo Direct and sporadic 3rd party reveals throughout the month leading up to TGS.

DrWong

With TGS coming soon, i am very anxious in seeing what Nintendo and Sony are going to bring.

Nintendo on one hand, does not need to be as aggressive as last year, showing the most epic game reel i have ever seen in my life. This year they can take it at a more leisurely pace, without stopping the agressive market takeover.

Sony on the other hand, well, we all just expect things, and i just wonder what they can offer.

Man, Nintendo should have its own country, where localization and such things will never matter... and no region locking!

No Japanese announcements at the NY conference confirmed.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
From Iwata's tweet from the other day, it doesn't look like there is going to be a September conference in Japan, at least for revealing Wii U. I expect a Nintendo Direct and sporadic 3rd party reveals throughout the month leading up to TGS.

I don't think Japanese conference will be only for Wii U. It will get lion's share but 3DS should also be covered, Nintendo hasn't revealed yet every title for this year and that's the place for them to do it.

schuelma

I don't think Japanese conference will be only for Wii U. It will get lion's share but 3DS should also be covered, Nintendo hasn't revealed yet every title for this year and that's the place for them to do it.

From the translations of Iwata's tweet I'm not completely convinced there will even be an actual conference.

Do you think there will be a conference for 3DS comparable to the one Nintendo held last September? Or at least comparable announcements?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Last year's conference was supposed to be only for 3DS but Wii was covered there too. If/when September conference happens it will be for both systems.

Last year's conference was supposed to be only for 3DS but Wii was covered there too. If/when September conference happens it will be for both systems.

Got it. Yeah, I know last year they also talked about Wii (Zelda, line-up for 2012) but they mainly covered 3DS games along with new announcements, and it was quite epic tbh.

Thought it was interesting that, despite the different situations, the PS3 software is selling about the same as the PSP, while the Wii software was selling about the same as the GBA (the 3DS so far is basically the same as the GBA).

iQvEeoUBhTUxl.png

DS needs Pokemon Black 3 / White 3:

iB75sNkz2BTrV.png

Within the year.

Damn. I always thought that even DS SW sales surpassed PS2 a long time ago as it went so far ahead in HW sales in Japan. PS2 really was software monster. Does it have software record in Japan or did SNES or PS1 move even more SW?

Damn. I always thought that even DS SW sales surpassed PS2 a long time ago as it went so far ahead in HW sales in Japan. PS2 really was software monster. Does it have software record in Japan or did SNES or PS1 move even more SW?

DS had more million sellers (and some +5 million sellers, one +6 million seller, and many +2.5 million sellers): 35, while PS2 had just 17. But PS2 sold a lot of software between 200k and one million. So I guess PS2 tail is longer and thicker, while DS had more concentration in the highest selling games.

Takao

Banned
First day sellthrough

Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi - 50%
Kami Jigen Game Neptune V - 50% (limited edition 70%)

lol

I hope SCEJ spent like $5 on the marketing they did for this game.

5th best game can't crack 20,000.
Disappointing personified.

On a side note I know that it's common for Japanese to get paid monthly instead of fortnightly. Does this show up in the data? i.e. one good week then three slow weeks?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do you think there will be a conference for 3DS comparable to the one Nintendo held last September? Or at least comparable announcements?

Well, the 3DS was the successor to Japan's best selling platform in a nation that was desperately wanting a new platform to boost the market.

A conference happening is feasible, but I'm not expecting heavy pan industry support with titles on par with an exclusive Monster Hunter 4.

Edit:

I can't read and somehow thought this was for Wii U. I do expect good 3DS announcements out of TGS as the platform has been proven for a year while basically every other platform is dying off and/or unproven.

test_account

XP-39C²
And there haven't been any signs for 2012 either. Would be very surprised if SS makes it out before end of this year.
It is still slated for 2012 from what i know, and there have been a few updates here and there. I have no idea if the game will make it within 2012, but BishopLamont seemed very confident that it wasnt coming out in 2012, so i was wondering what he based this on.

Takao

Banned
I believe Inafune and crew have simply said "this winter" in regards to Soul Sacrifice's release. That's either late 2012, or early 2013.

test_account

XP-39C²
I believe Inafune and crew have simply said "this winter" in regards to Soul Sacrifice's release. That's either late 2012, or early 2013.
Not sure if winter 2012 or just "this winter" was mentioned. I hope they dont rush it for 2012 at least, better to wait until early 2013 then.

Road

There's no metric by which we can evenly compare all systems.

NES is the highest from Nintendo, with 226 million copies shipped to Japan.

PS1 had 286 million copies produced for Asia until March 2007.

PS2 had 228 million copies produced for Asia until March 2007 (i.e. still missing some years).

Top Bottom