• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

Considering the Japanese direct is a bit longer, maybe we'll finally see what Taiko Switch is.

Wouldn't Bamco want to wait until after the Taiko PS4 release? (Taiko PS4 will release on Oct 26)

On the hand, it's all close to each other anyway if they want to release Taiko Switch this financial year (my guess is last week of March).

L~A

Bundles aren't included, GEO confirms Xenoverse shortage nationwide.

Not the first time they undership a Dragon Ball game. Dragon Ball Heroes was the same.

For those who were expecting Animal Crossing news in the Direct:

※スマートフォン向けアプリに関する新しい情報は含まれておりません。

Translation: "yeah no fam, ain't gonna be no phone info in that Direct, yo"

Not the first time they undership a Dragon Ball game. Dragon Ball Heroes was the same.

For those who were expecting Animal Crossing news in the Direct:

Translation: "yeah no fam, ain't gonna be no phone info in that Direct, yo"

Save for the Fire Emblem Direct, I don't think they've ever featured mobile games in a Direct, so no surprise there. If not at the Apple event tomorrow, some other, more random time.

L~A

50 minutes is quite long.

My money is on another "focus game" (the last Direct had ARMS and Splatoon 2), one that hasn't been announced yet.

But the most interesting bit is that the Japanese Direct is a whopping 5mn longer than EU and NA ones, so that implies JP-exclusive games.

ajjow

What a time to be alive. Gaffers make a lot of buzz about a possible annoucement of a nintendo direct... and they were right?!!! WTF!?!!!

Mory Dunz

i got a switch today.

Not because the direct (I didn't know about it)

I kinda wanted an HDMI cable, and noticed the switch was in stock, so why not. 2 birds.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Its a 50 minute direct, 5 minutes longer in Japan and its the week before TGS- are we really thinking there will not be any 3rd party announcements?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well done Chris, Vern, Rosti and NateDrake (his small "Hi" was the definitive confirmation for me).
Now, let's take a look at it!

Considering the Japanese direct is a bit longer, maybe we'll finally see what Taiko Switch is.

Probably the same 45 minutes as everywhere else in terms of content but with five minutes worth of polite words and sincere apologies for the stock situation.

Laplasakos

Seems like my prediction was correct (that we would get a direct this week).

Hopefully we will get some new info about SMT HD, Metroid 4 and some surprises.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Its a 50 minute direct, 5 minutes longer in Japan and its the week before TGS- are we really thinking there will not be any 3rd party announcements?
The reason is happens before TGS is third party announcements. It's not so hard for someone to see it even if he has no clue what will be shown.

Whose ready for Captain Todd 2?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10690-1360273703-11.gif

saichi

I think that with the current attach rate and popularity of Splatoon 2 - 3 million(double the Wii U LTD) will be achieved by the end of 2017 fairly easily. Legs of Splatoon were due to updates, splatfest and continued marketing. Nintendo will no doubt continue to push the game as the major reason for subscriptions for their online service in 2018 - especially in Japan. Hence I've maintained it would end up being one of the best selling games in Japan LTD. I'm thinking that by the end of 2018 it would be over 5 million in Japan alone.

Yeah, 4 million is going to easily achieved before the end of 2018 imo, and 5 million should definitely be possible as well. Using 5 million as a basis (it might be even higher, but I don't want to use that as an assumption), the rest of the world needs to sell only 5 million more. That would be 1.9 million more than Splatoon 1 did.

Sky high expectation for Splatoon 2. It will only reach those number if it continue getting bundled for the next 15 months.

noshten

Sky high expectation for Splatoon 2. It will only reach those number if it continue getting bundled for the next 15 months.

It's mainly a question if you think Splatoon 2 is selling due to bundles or whether Switch is selling because it has a very popular game like Splatoon 2. To me it seems Splatoon 2 is a definite system seller in Japan and after it moved Wii U's now it's showing no signs of slowing down as it moves Switch units. As more kids get Switches in December I expect Splatoon 2 to be the game with the highest attach rate out of all Switch titles regardless if it's bundled or not. Splatoon didn't have a bundle on the Wii U until March 2016 at which point Wii U supply was greatly scaled back. Before the Splatoon bundle Nintendo were selling MK8 and SMM bundles with the Wii U and majority of new owners were picking up Splatoon. Once the Splatoon bundle was released MK8/SMM stopped charting and it was just Splatoon and Minecraft as major titles selling on the Wii U for the remainder or 2016.

Top Bottom