• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2015 (Oct 05 - Oct 11)

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-Through {2015.10.15}

[3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD <RPG> (Sega) (¥6.469) - 50%

[PSV] Geki Jigen Tag: Blanc + Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Zombie Gundan # <FTG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.344) - 70-80%

[XB1] Forza Horizon 2: 10 Year Anniversary Edition <RCE> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥6.372) - Denominator 0

hiska-kun

Media Create Sell-Through

02./00. [3DS] Famista Returns <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.10.08} (¥6.145) - 25.597 / NEW <88,72%> [Units shipped => 28.851]

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 2106pt
[3DS] Monster Hunter Cross - 1408pt
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G - 1123pt

That's actually really good although didn't MH4G open better than MH4? I thought comgnet preorders were more to judge relative first week sales via preorders.

Votron

RIP Chibi-Robo.

That's what Nintendo get for NOT going 3D and stuffs..because they think it would be "TOO HARD" for kids. Yes , literally. -_-

They should realize they are living in the present now (not the past). IT's about time Nintendo start competing with other gaming companies..else.

That's what Nintendo get for NOT going 3D and stuffs..because they think it would be "TOO HARD" for kids. Yes , literally. -_-

They should realize they are living in the present now (not the past). IT's about time Nintendo start competing with other gaming companies..else.

While I do agree the justification for turning Chibi-Robo into a platform game is dumb - don't kids exist in the present? It's great if a big company as Nintendo has an eye on the younger audience.

Then, Zip Lash existed, in my opinion, solely as a companion game for the amiibo (as it is for Animal Crossing HHD and AF).

[PSV] Geki Jigen Tag: Blanc + Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Zombie Gundan # <FTG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.344) - 70-80%

[XB1] Forza Horizon 2: 10 Year Anniversary Edition <RCE> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥6.372) - Denominator 0

Looks like the same crowd as always is there for Neptunia, then.

Sellthrough is lower than I was expecting for 7th Dragon since I'm guessing it'll be front-loaded, maybe it had a large shipment or something.

L~A

Since retailer(s?) reported an increase of pre-orders following the release of the demo, I presume 7th Dragon III will sale on good word of mouth. No idea about the shipment, but I expected sellthrough ratio to end around 70-80% at the end of the week.

This is going to be a strange question and I'm not expecting there to be much information out there on it, but just in case:

Does anyone know how Bamco handle their anime-cash-in-adaptation games? Like, do they go to the developers asking them to make a game out of x licence, or do the developers come to them and pitch?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
02./00. [3DS] Famista Returns <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.10.08} (¥6.145) - 25.597 / NEW <88,72%>
___

21./04. [PS4] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344)
22./23. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.06.11} (¥5.076)
23./00. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [1/1][New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥5.389)
24./11. [PS4] Mad Max <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2015.10.01} (¥8.208)
25./00. [PSV] Ayakashi Gohan: Oomori! # <ADV> (Honeybee) {2015.10.08} (¥7.344)
26./24. [PSV] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2015.09.24} (¥7.344)
27./14. [PS3] Yoru no Nai Kuni # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥7.344)
28./16. [PS3] Arslan: The Warriors of Legend # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥8.424)
29./31. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800)
30./27. [PSV] World Trigger: Borderless Mission <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.09.17} (¥6.145)
31./15. [PSV] Tokyo Ghoul: Jail <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.10.01} (¥6.145)
32./17. [PS4] Arslan: The Warriors of Legend # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.10.01} (¥8.424)
33./32. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156)
34./22. [PSV] Genkai Tokki: Moero Crystal # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2015.09.25} (¥7.344)
35./28. [PSV] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.09.17} (¥5.389)
36./26. [PS4] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2015.09.24} (¥7.344)
37./33. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937)
38./39. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} (¥5.616)
39./45. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
40./49. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.08.07} (¥6.145)
41./41. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776)
42./00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [2/2][New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥3.499)
43./36. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥6.264)
44./00. [3DS] Style Savvy 3: Kira Kira Coord <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.04.16} (¥5.076)
45./29. [PS4] The Witch and the Hundred Knights Revival # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2015.09.25} (¥7.344)
46./35. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥7.344)
47./34. [PS4] Samurai Warriors 4: Empires # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.09.17} (¥7.344)
48./50. [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.08.20} (¥7.171)
49./40. [PSV] Saki: Zenkoku-hen # <TBL> (Kaga Create) {2015.09.17} (¥7.538)
50./00. [3DS] Famicom Remix Best Choice <Balloon Fight \ Donkey Kong \ Donkey Kong Jr. \ Dr. Mario \ Excitebike \ Kid Icarus \ Kirby's Adventure \ Mario Bros. \ Metroid \ Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! \ Super Mario Bros. \ Super Mario Bros. 2 \ Super Mario Bros. 3 \ Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels \ The Legend of Zelda \ Zelda II: The Adventure of Link> <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.08.27} (¥3.996)

Top 50

3DS - 17
PS4 - 11
PSV - 11
PS3 - 7
WIU - 4

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    444.000 |    651.000 |  1.854.220 | 25.654.000 | 30.653.000 |

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks. It seems to be simplified relative to Hearthstone, but this definitely looks like an actual TCG instead of a light-RPG with cards in place of sprites/models.

Well, that's a huge amount of downloads in just 2 days O_O
It's already at #7 on top grossing on iOS. Hasn't shown up on the Android charts yet.

Assuming this does well (IMO it's the safest of all their games this fiscal year), this would follow up Grandmasters as their newest hit game.

Mobius is more of a second tier performer relative to those two, but still a lot better than it was.

Alice Order and Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius are the next two big candidates.

Final Fantasy Tactics x Rise of Mana collaboration for the Vita.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201510/16090944.html

Is Rise of Mana successful on Vita? They seem to be doing a lot of collaborations and they also announced the remake for the Vita/Smartphones.
This one is a bit more traditional game-like, and Rise of Mana doesn't do amazingly well on mobile, so I wouldn't be shocked if it represented at non-trivial chunk of its performance.

Vena

Not before Q2 2016, since the game wasn't in Capcom's expectations for the current fiscal year (the 2.5m Monster Hunter game was MHX).

Yeah, their only major retail titles this fiscal year are Monster Hunter X and Street Fighter V.

NX it is.

On a more serious note, they (Capcom) highlighted the cross-gen going forward into 2015-2016, and with the growing dissipation of the PS3, I think it makes sense to suppose that it is referring to forward facing 3DS titles in 2016.

MH:Stories and, potentially, the MHXG would be ideal titles for this as per another discussion I was having in another thread (the Capcom thread on the report, with mpl90) sans the existence of a MH5 within the next year or two.

Thanks. It seems to be simplified relative to Hearthstone, but this definitely looks like an actual TCG instead of a light-RPG with cards in place of sprites/models.

They already confirmed an English release on their website, so might be something to look out for if they're planning on going global with it.

sense

NX it is.

On a more serious note, they (Capcom) highlighted the cross-gen going forward into 2015-2016, and with the growing dissipation of the PS3, I think it makes sense to suppose that it is referring to forward facing 3DS titles in 2016.

MH:Stories and, potentially, the MHXG would be ideal titles for this as per another discussion I was having in another thread (the Capcom thread on the report, with mpl90) sans the existence of a MH5 within the next year or two.
I am thinking capcom is including ps4 in that cross platform talk. I doubt they would ignore the ps4 install base worldwide. Could even be ps4/nx aka dq11 for dominant Japanese games like mh

Vena

I am thinking capcom is including ps4 in that cross platform talk. I doubt they would ignore the ps4 install base worldwide. Could even be ps4/nx aka dq11 for dominant Japanese games like mh

That's not cross-gen. Cross-gen means PS3/PS4, 3DS/NX. PS4/NX isn't cross-gen, its just multiplatform. And developers find it really easy to ignore install bases, see the 3DS. Install base isn't the worthwhile metric, its the active genre base and relevant consumer spending for given niches or products. Having a larger base makes it easier to have the former in high quantity and quality but it is far from guaranteed (see Vita vs. 3DS releases and the genres or age groups that they target). This is also the reason why the WiiU still gets a lot of family friendly/kid oriented games from third parties, because the system (while having a small base) is chock full of family and kid-aligned consumers.

MH is a portable franchise at this point, DQ isn't and doesn't really have such an association or strength in its sales tied directly to its ability to be played on the go and in/with the community in quick and emergent multiplayer sessions. Past console releases, on far better selling hardware both in Japan and abroad, haven't even remotely measured up to its successes on the PSP or the 3DS. If MH mainline and major spin-offs remains exclusive, it's really just going to be because there's no Vita successor (or because Nintendo is going to hold the mainline series close to the heart as best as they can). The games don't make sense on consoles from an RoI point of view, and then you'd have to ask if there's any worthwhile demographic to try and sell an upscaled port to that will likely not take advantage of the hardware (weighed against whatever publishers bonuses exist or not). Capcom would need to build a base to sell the product to on consoles. Just throwing a Destiny budget at it isn't going suddenly make a 10-million seller out of MH on consoles to justify the cost and transition (and loss of the entire handheld base).

sense

That's not cross-gen. Cross-gen means PS3/PS4, 3DS/NX. PS4/NX isn't cross-gen, its just multiplatform. And developers find it really easy to ignore install bases, see the 3DS. Install base isn't the worthwhile metric, its the active genre base and relevant consumer spending for given niches or products. Having a larger base makes it easier to have the former in high quantity and quality but it is far from guaranteed (see Vita vs. 3DS releases and the genres or age groups that they target). This is also the reason why the WiiU still gets a lot of family friendly/kid oriented games from third parties, because the system (while having a small base) is chock full of family and kid-aligned consumers.

MH is a portable franchise at this point, DQ isn't and doesn't really have such an association or strength in its sales tied directly to its ability to be played on the go and in/with the community in quick and emergent multiplayer sessions. Past console releases, on far better selling hardware both in Japan and abroad, haven't even remotely measured up to its successes on the PSP or the 3DS. If MH mainline and major spin-offs remains exclusive, it's really just going to be because there's no Vita successor (or because Nintendo is going to hold the mainline series close to the heart as best as they can). The games don't make sense on consoles from an RoI point of view, and then you'd have to ask if there's any worthwhile demographic to try and sell an upscaled port to that will likely not take advantage of the hardware (weighed against whatever publishers bonuses exist or not). Capcom would need to build a base to sell the product to on consoles. Just throwing a Destiny budget at it isn't going suddenly make a 10-million seller out of MH on consoles to justify the cost and transition (and loss of the entire handheld base).
I did say cross platform and not cross gen and capcom report from a few days ago mentioned promoting support for multiple platforms going forward and that is what I am going with. We will see what happens but I am positive ps4 will be a platform they will support with all their games including mh

Vena

I did say cross platform and not cross gen and capcom report from a few days ago mentioned promoting support for multiple platforms going forward and that is what I am going with. We will see what happens but I am positive ps4 will be a platform they will support with all their games including mh

Oh derp. I can't read!

Apologies.

That said, we already know the PS4 is getting MHFO2 (which seems to be much more conducive to said environment of console and PC), so that's hardly a far-fetched idea or proposition. My point was about the mainline and big spin-offs (as those are more conducive to handheld market that already exists for the series and doesn't need to be conjured from the aether).

sense

Oh derp. I can't read!

Apologies.

That said, we already know the PS4 is getting MHFO2 (which seems to be much more conducive to said environment of console and PC), so that's hardly a far-fetched idea or proposition. My point was about the mainline and big spin-offs (as those are more conducive to handheld market that already exists for the series and doesn't need to be conjured from the aether).

well then i will give you a far-fetched idea or proposition :). mainline and big spinoffs have a very good chance of coming to ps4 as well.

Vena

well then i will give you a far-fetched idea or proposition :). mainline and big spinoffs have a very good chance of coming to ps4 as well.

Possibly, never any reason to really count out such a possibility since they are a third party and they aren't beholden to exclusivity. Of course, it will be interesting to see what Nintendo does on that end as I doubt they'd really let such exclusivity go without a really, really strong counter offer.

The partnership between Capcom and Nintendo with the brand is clearly still on-going (seeing as how Nintendo is basically injecting MH into other key titles). The recent performance of MH4G in the west under Nintendo is likely also a big consideration in terms of forward facing thinking about the brand outside of mobile expansions like Explore.

noobie

Banned

what does this means?

test_account

XP-39C²
Possibly, never any reason to really count out such a possibility since they are a third party and they aren't beholden to exclusivity. Of course, it will be interesting to see what Nintendo does on that end as I doubt they'd really let such exclusivity go without a really, really strong counter offer.

The partnership between Capcom and Nintendo with the brand is clearly still on-going (seeing as how Nintendo is basically injecting MH into other key titles). The recent performance of MH4G in the west under Nintendo is likely also a big consideration in terms of forward facing thinking about the brand outside of mobile expansions like Explore.
Which titles are those?

Eventually Taiko PSV disappeared from the charts... It's not even in MC Top 50; this means it's probably selling below 1k units. So much for its "legs" and not a good sign for a franchise that typically sells a lot over time. Right now, it's the worst selling handheld entry, just below the first Taiko Drum Master on PSP; and it's probably selling around the same level of the last Taiko Drum Master on Wii U.

That's not cross-gen. Cross-gen means PS3/PS4, 3DS/NX. PS4/NX isn't cross-gen, its just multiplatform

Uhh, what? Unless cross gen means something different than it used to, isn't PS4/NX the very definition of cross gen. Y'know, across generations.

Eventually Taiko PSV disappeared from the charts... It's not even in MC Top 50; this means it's probably selling below 1k units. So much for its "legs" and not a good sign for a franchise that typically sells a lot over time. Right now, it's the worst selling handheld entry, just below the first Taiko Drum Master on PSP; and it's probably selling around the same level of the last Taiko Drum Master on Wii U.

Between this and a new entry coming out for WiiU, it looks like it's gonna be a weak year for Taiko.

That said, I can see why they did what they did (they can't keep pumping out two a year on 3DS and keep things going, no other platform is close to 3DS for strength for this franchise).

I think you're jumping the gun too. Judging by how past Taiko games sold, they can disappear from top 50 yet show up in the end of year top 1000 having sold a lot more than when we last saw them.

It had legs and it managed to chart in the Top 20 for 10 weeks. It had a pretty good place in the leg-o-meter by L~A with an average of 13.4k sales per week.

It is hilarious how you are trying to label it as a disappointment even though it did really well relative to the platform it was released.

September edition of my Leg-o-Meter. Minecraft still climbing and finally overtook AC: New Leaf (MK8 is next?). Without Minecraft, Nintendo platforms would be holding first 15 spots. Most leggy PS game is Taiko Drum Master (only one which managed to stay 10 weeks in the Top 20).

leg-o-meterseptemberlrkbk.png

sörine

Banned
Mainline MH isn't going to PS4. I know the trend seems to be "everything on PS ecosystem" recently but MH also seems to be the one franchise that's doubled down hard on 3DS exclusivity recently (with mobile on the side). It's definitely going to NX and probably only NX for the mainline. Consoles and PC will get Division 2's Frontier sucessor, Division 3 though will focus on where Capcom's financial bread is buttered.

Add to that the fact that hunting games seem to be continually bombing on PS4 (Koei and Namco keep trying anyway though), and MH's own shakey history on consoles (Tri/3rd HD/3G HD weren't exactly blockbusters, 4/4G/X all skipping console entirely), and it's difficult to see a solid argument for why we might see MH5+ on PS4.

Top Bottom