• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 47, 2015 (Nov 16 - Nov 22)

AntMurda

I mean even expecting Star Fox to be a major title is a bit perplexing. It's not a big hitter, I myself will probably enjoy it but I see it more as a title in the Yoshi/Kirbi tier and don't expect it to have much more marketing than those two titles.
I just hope for more Platinum magic in terms of longevity.

I'm more excited about Nintendo's programmers being involved.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Still in the top 10.
tumblr_no9zpk61Rn1tlrft7o1_500.gif

Prepare, in December will be easy in TOP 3 and maybe #2 some weeks. ;)

Takao

Banned
Great to see Atelier Sophie selling more (or almost the same according Famitsu) on the PS4

Probably we gonna see even more Vita JRPGs getting a PS4 version
Tokyo Xanadu, pls ;_;

Atelier Sophie is a PS3 RPG that got a Vita and PS4 version. If history repeats, the PS4 version might have the lead for now, but not for long.

[edit: Looks like Airship Q is a bit of a disaster too]

The game's quality is a bigger issue than sales right now. Probably too damaged for the PS4 version to gain any traction either.

Wow at Animal Flopping: amiibo Bombstival. If only it were actually good. It'll be bad if it sells well due to the holiday effect, it deserves to Bomb, considering what it is.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
You people told me Star Fox's delay didn't matter, that Animal Crossing was going to be the Wii U's big holiday game anyway. So much for that. At least Splatoon is stepping up to save the day. Again. Battlefront seems a bit lower than I hoped for.

People told you that Animal Crossing was going to be the Wii U's big holiday game anyway despite Star Fox's delay. Who are these people that told you anyone in Japan cares for Star Fox I don't know. I doubt you found them in here.

Can you share the number?

If you can't, could you send me a PM?

Ah, right. If you can PM me the number, I'd be pleased :p

6 digits number for the shipment.

Vena

I mean, just reverse the percentage for AC:AF. The shipment was ~100k (if you want to expect around 20% sell through) or ~200k (if you think the sell through was like 5%).

Week of bombas. SAO PS4, Airship Q, AC, Grand Kingdom.

SW result is a bit underwhelming if shipment was large and wom is not good. Also, hw-wise, the effect is non-existent.

I'm wondering where the Gust fanbase will go when PSV finally retires. I can't see PS4 abosrbing the whole fanbase - but it should keep doing ok numbers.

PS4 is shaping up to be the definitive console for JRPGs, even in Japan.

With which other platforms PS4 is competing? 3DS seems to sell quite a lot more jRPGs - 2016 should be no different.

Sterok

People told you that Animal Crossing was going to be the Wii U's big holiday game anyway despite Star Fox's delay. Who are these people that told you anyone in Japan cares for Star Fox I don't know. I doubt you found them in here.

6 digits number for the shipment.
I know Star Fox wouldn't have/won't do much better, but I'm somewhat confident that it can beat amiibo bomba. Or maybe I'll be wrong and AC will come out on top. In which case I'll need a shovel for Star Fox expectations.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
First infos on October retail + download top 30, up to November 1st

Cube Creator 3D - 16,371
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - 6,344
Picross 3D 2 - 4,387

It's great to see Atelier Sophie do well on PS4, I hope KT was expecting these kind of sales... I think the series deserves at least 100k first week, it's so damn good.

Arzehn

So much for Sumikko Gurashi have triple sales, this one not really much better than the previous.

Battlefront opening is better than I expected, but the shipment is also bigger than expected. Retailers anticipating legs because of the movie?

Vita just selling to the same audience at this point.

Still in the top 10.

Aren't those Splatoon sales including the bundle now? This shouldn't be a suprise.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Looks like Wii U sales this year are ahead of 2013 according to Famitsu, but behind on Media Create.

Wii U 2013 MC YTD Week 47 - 563.669
Wii U 2013 Famitsu YTD Week 47 - 534.675
Wii U 2015 MC YTD Week 47 - 550.718
Wii U 2013 Famitsu YTD Week 47 - 547.975

Also AC bombed even worse than I thought it would lol. I guess consumers are informed.

Looks like Wii U sales this year are ahead of 2013 according to Famitsu, but behind on Media Create.

Wii U 2013 MC YTD Week 47 - 563.669
Wii U 2013 Famitsu YTD Week 47 - 534.675
Wii U 2015 MC YTD Week 47 - 550.718
Wii U 2013 Famitsu YTD Week 47 - 547.975

Also AC bombed even worse than I thought it would lol. I guess consumers are informed.

Putting "amiibo" in the title makes it easier to notice something's up, I suppose. "What do you mean amiibo? what the heck are they going to do in this game?" *reads description* "But that doesn't actually sound fun at all. oh well, there'll be a full sequel or an interesting spinoff like HHD eventually"

Vena

First infos on October retail + download top 30, up to November 1st

Cube Creator 3D - 16,371
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - 6,344
Picross 3D 2 - 4,387

TriForce Heroes, ultimately, went into 100k. For such a budget project, I'd say it ultimately did well for itself for what it was. How does it compare to Hyrule Warriors?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Like first party or period?

There's FFXV and DQ11.

Splatoon isn't done so it's not 100% that those two will outsell it.

Not a chance for Dragon Quest on PS4 to beat Splatoon. Not with the 3DS version.

And even Final Fantasy XV, at this point has 1% chance for beat Splatoon. I mean, how much will sell for you FF XV? XIII has not even sold 2 million, and most likely FF XV will sell way less.

And Splatoon will most likely outsell even Final Fantasy XIII.

Splatoon > FF XIII > FF XV is the most likely scenario.

Star Wars is above my expectations. For next month, Fallout 4 > 100K is a given I would say. No surprises for the rest, but Gust must be happy to see Atelier up again after several years of decline (since Meruru ?). That Project X Zone 2 second week seems a little rude D:

Always nice to see Vita up year on year also. Grand Kingdom was always too cheap to sell on PS4. For what we know, japanese PS4 owners are barely attracted by those little projects and mostly buy big budget games (from Japan or West). Exist Archive is another game I can't see doing better on PS4 than PS Vita.

Looking at the calendar, there are few interesting PS4 games left for this year charts-wise. We have Gravity Rush Remastered on 12/10, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure : Eyes of Heaven on 12/17 and Fallout 4 the same day. I like how the Q1 2016 is shaping though.

Kid Ying

So much for Sumikko Gurashi have triple sales, this one not really much better than the previous.

Battlefront opening is better than I expected, but the shipment is also bigger than expected. Retailers anticipating legs because of the movie?

Vita just selling to the same audience at this point.

Aren't those Splatoon sales including the bundle now? This shouldn't be a suprise.
You think it wouldn't be if it wasn't fo the bundle? The bundle is just a console + splatoon with a meager discount comparing buying the console with the game. It's not even the only options for the bundle. The game is not up there because of it.

Also, i don't think DQXI ps4 will outsell splatoon, but if FF15 does not, it would be a catastrophe.

Pranay

Not a chance for Dragon Quest on PS4 to beat Splatoon. Not with the 3DS version.

And even Final Fantasy XV, at this point has 1% chance for beat Splatoon. I mean, how much will sell for you FF XV? XIII has not even sold 2 million, and most likely FF XV will sell way less.

Explain

Doesn't seem so outlandish, surprisingly.

XIII came out when the series was in a crazy high hype, like, it was madness. Plus I think PS3 was doing better at the time than PS4?

Splatoon is an extremely out of the left field success, and will very likely pass a million by the year's end in retail alone.

I don't know, I think that prediction can very well happen, we'll have to wait and see.

Sakura

Not surprised PS4 is #1 for Atelier.
I would see people say about other games that getting a PS4 version in Japan means they are going to bring it to the west, but reality is PS4 games sell fine in Japan which is why they do it.

AdanVC

Dat Animal Crossing, lol.
Massive bomba.

Desserved. Hope Nintendo stops doing this awful spin-off games that nobody asked for and they were made only as a poor excuse to sell amiibo. This game has done nothing but hurt the Animal Crossing franchise with terrible critical and sales responses.

With which other platforms PS4 is competing? 3DS seems to sell quite a lot more jRPGs - 2016 should be no different.
PS3 and Wii U? I will say it is doing rather well now compared to these consoles and has a lot more announcements to look forward to in 2016 and beyond.

3DS has sold more than 19 million compared to the 2 million userbase of PS4. There is no comparison here. PS4 is doing well enough for its current 2 million numbers and any attempt to downplay it are rather silly.

There isn't much to explain, Splatoon will sell over 2 million and Final Fantasy is in decline.
I know you tend to overestimate Splatoon a lot but expecting it to sell more than 2 million, on a console that has sold a little more than 2.6 million and will struggle to hit 4 million LTD? This is reaching.

Arzehn

You think it wouldn't be if it wasn't fo the bundle? The bundle is just a console + splatoon with a meager discount comparing buying the console with the game. It's not even the only options for the bundle. The game is not up there because of it.

Splatoon gained +52% last week as a result of the bundle and will continue to benefit as we get closer to Christmas.

It's not going to leave the top 10. Perhaps it would have if there was no bundle as the week before the bundle was 13.9k and 12k before that.

Pranay

Very nice numbers for Star Wars!

Neither FFXV or VII remake are going to sell more than 1M in a 2M machine. I believe 1.5M for splatoon is a lock.

PS4 is not going to remain constant at 2 mil, it will keep on growing + those games mentioned are system sellers.

I see both FF games doing 1 mil.

and I really dont see Splatoon crossing 1.9 mil , 1.5 is doable

Code:
05.	/	00.	[PS3]	Fallout: New Vegas	(Bethesda Softworks)	- 37.249	/ NEW	
09.	[360]	Fallout 3	(Bethesda)	30,600	/	NEW

I don't think Fallout 4 is popular enough to warrant a >100k opening in Japan.

Very nice numbers for Star Wars!

Neither FFXV or VII remake are going to sell more than 1M in a 2M machine. I believe 1.5M for splatoon is a lock.
Funny you say this and then point towards Splatoon, which is selling on a 2.6+ million system with a dying support going in 2016.

Also as said above, PS4 won't stop selling in 2016 so by the time FFXV (2016) and FF VII: Remake (2018) are released, PS4 will be well over 2 million.

That's quite a bold prediction. 2 million for Splatoon? Seems unlikely, but we will need to wait and see what it does weekly post-holidays before I can agree or disagree. If Splatoon drops to 10K-ish or below as a "baseline" post-holidays, well, it won't happen sadly. Also don't forget that it's selling this well now because of bundles, once the bundles are discontinued (it'll happen eventually, like the Wii Party and Mario Kart bundles were) it'll be even harder. If Wii U has about 1-2 years left (2 may be too much) Splatoon will need to sell on average at least 10-15K weekly until Wii U's discontinuation to reach it. (Which equal to roughly 520K to 780K more sales by this time next year). Pre-bundle, it's been around 10K with minor bumps due to some holidays. But who knows, maybe the holidays convert enough humans into Squids, so that WOM can go even further. But as of right now, 2 million is very unlikely.

Lol, it's like you're adding to your predicted LTD constantly. It was like 1.5-1.7 before, now it's a 2 million prediction. Let me guess, in January, you're gonna be like "OMG, 2.2 million Minimum!!" :p

Vena

Funny you say this and then point towards Splatoon, which is selling on a 2.6+ million system with a dying support going in 2016.

Pretty sure Splatoon is an exception to the rule, and shouldn't be used as a metric for any other software that isn't also called Splatoon. Moreover, Splatoon isn't/wasn't a front loaded game as JRPGs all tend to be, so the comparison is even more flawed.

Anth0ny

Splatoon is absolutely killing it. Considering Nintendo tends to focus more on what's a success in Japan rather than the rest of the world, I really hope these great sales means they try more bold, high budget new IPs like Splatoon in the future.

Or they'll just make Spla2oon and Splatoon Party for NX.

Splatoon is absolutely killing it. Considering Nintendo tends to focus more on what's a success in Japan rather than the rest of the world, I really hope these great sales means they try more bold, high budget new IPs like Splatoon in the future.

Or they'll just make Spla2oon and Splatoon Party for NX.
Just don't let NdCube develop it. :p

Ryng_tolu

Banned
TOP TEN BEST SELLER FPS ON PS4 FIRST WEEK

#1 / Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 143,817
#2 / Star Wars: Battlefront - 123,908
#3 / Destiny - 91,277
#4 / Battlefield Hardline - 68,823
#5 / Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 64,060
#6 / Far Cry 4 - 36,239
#7 / Killzone: Shadow fall - 32,336
#8 / Battlefield 4 - 24,799