• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2012 (Jan 30 - Feb 05)

Rolf NB

Like I said, we're then discussing different things completely. The rating system as it is, is only meant to be part of the store. It was created by the people who designed the store, not the OS.
The store is a frontend to a database. That database shouldn't be so weird and proprietary that it couldn't support access from parts of the PS3 OS proper. At least I'd hope it isn't.

Khrno

That's one way to look at it. On the other hand the DD and retail versions of the game should be identical anyway (the single submission process guarantees that) so in the end they'd be voting on the exact same product either way.

Nope, you got it wrong, because of Sony's submission process, the digital and retail versions are 2 completely different SKUs and are treated as such during the QA and approval process, so they aren't identical per se.

duckroll

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken but using PSN ratings as a sales barometer when it was mocked in previous Media Create threads seems odd.

No one is using it as a barometer. We just know that at least 1,104 copies of Gravity Daze have been sold on PSN. It's not a barometer, just a side point since someone else mentioned PSN sales.

Zenaku

I have decent hopes for New LovePlus, but it's already started to get ravaged on Amazon.jp by Nintendo haters and Sony fans with 1 star reviews.

"Rinko and Nene sound like old women", "playing with a real girlfriend is more fun", "as expected of the 3Death, the polygons are all jaggy", "It would've been 5 stars if it were released on the PSVita".

extralite said:
BTW, Denpa Ningen no RPG by Genius Sonority got 1577 ratings with 1426 of them being full five stars. I hope it got a lot more actual downloads though, very nice DQ clone with a twist.
Considering it's already above Picross-e on the "Top 20 Download Soft to Date" rankings on the eShop I'd be surprised if it were low. I think it's already around 16th or so.

I have decent hopes for New LovePlus, but it's already started to get ravaged on Amazon.jp by Nintendo haters and Sony fans with 1 star reviews.
"3Death" is the new "PShita".

And the japanese eShop seems to be much more active than the american eShop.

Pushmo (855)
Zelda DX (1180)

"Rinko and Nene sound like old women", "playing with a real girlfriend is more fun", "as expected of the 3Death, the polygons are all jaggy", "It would've been 5 stars if it were released on the PSVita".

So Japanese troll reviewers are as stupid as the ones over here... I know I should have expected no different, but its somehow disappointing.

Do Amazon still let people review stuff before its even released? That's one of my pet peeves -- when you get loads of mega-nerds berating something they've never played/watched and something that hasn't even been released yet.

Considering it's already above Picross-e on the "Top 20 Download Soft to Date" rankings on the eShop I'd be surprised if it were low. I think it's already around 16th or so.

Can we get review numbers for JP eShop? Just to have an idea on the minimum sales of such titles. Over 1k for Ninpa Ningen in few days seems pretty good to me, isn't it?

Zenaku

"3Death" is the new "PShita".

And the japanese eShop seems to be much more active than the american eShop.

Pushmo (855)
Zelda DX (1180)

I've seen people on Japanese message boards refer to 3DS as "3Desu" (3Death) for months now, so it isn't really new. Not sure when it started...Never heard anyone call PSVita "PShita" though.

You're right in the Japanese eShop being more active though.

Hikuosu (5110)
Zelda DX (6658)

radioheadrule83 said:
So Japanese troll reviewers are as stupid as the ones over here... I know I should have expected no different, but its somehow disappointing.

Do Amazon still let people review stuff before its even released? That's one of my pet peeves -- when you get loads of mega-nerds berating something they've never played/watched and something that hasn't even been released yet.
Sadly people are the same wherever you go.

I didn't think Amazon let people review before release, but technically the game has already released; it already has 3 ratings on the eShop, all 5 stars.

electroplankton said:
Can we get review numbers for JP eShop? Just to have an idea on the minimum sales of such titles. Over 1k for Ninpa Ningen in few days seems pretty good to me, isn't it?
It has 1577 ratings so far, and is actually 15th and not 16th like I thought. I think extralite already mentioned it though (the 1577 ratings).

It's currently the best rated game on the eShop, with RE: in 2nd, so I can see it doing even better as time goes on.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I mentioned this in the One Piece Musou thread but according to AndriaSang, retailers ordered 500k copies of One Piece Musou.

Thoraxes

I guess I will try now, as long as it isn't too late.

[3DS] New Love Plus - 85,000
[PS3] Binary Domain - 96,000
[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - 75,000
[PSP] Samurai Warriors 3 Z Special - 23,000
[3DS] Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV - 23,000
[PSV] Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV - 8,000

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
One Piece has a strong, STRONG possibility to be the best selling Musou since the old PS2 days. This is gonna be HUGE. Million seller huge? There's a slight possibility, but there is indeed.

duckroll

One Piece has a strong, STRONG possibility to be the best selling Musou since the old PS2 days. This is gonna be HUGE. Million seller huge? There's a slight possibility, but there is indeed.

I don't really think there's any possibility of it selling a million copies. Maybe if it were cheaper.

Bruno MB

Yep, I can see One Piece: Kaizoku Musou doing it a little bit better than Hokuto no Ken Musou (553,229), but million seller? simply impossible.

Tecmo Koei can be very happy with the PS3's firmly established user base for this kind of games.

Rolf NB

I've found this very useful for movie releases on new media. Thinking of the Lord Of The Rings Blu-ray box set without SEE content and botched audio tracks in particular. I would have preordered that thing if it weren't for others who had followed the thing closer than me raising the red flags in their user reviews.

I don't mind preemptive user reviews if it's just warnings of missed technical expectations (missing modes, missing content, weird proprietary publisher account required, project 10$ lockouts etc).

saichi

Yep, I can see One Piece: Kaizoku Musou doing it a little bit better than Hokuto no Ken Musou (553,229), but million seller? simply impossible.

I'm thinking One Piece Musou might do 500K first week and end up selling just under 800K. Maybe neck to neck with FFXIII-2.

Takao

Banned
Nope, you got it wrong, because of Sony's submission process, the digital and retail versions are 2 completely different SKUs and are treated as such during the QA and approval process, so they aren't identical per se.

AFAIK this has changed with Vita. You submit both retail and PSN versions to QA/Approval in one batch.

Hmmm, I thought systems from the US shared the same eShop.

So those are ratings from my country... interesting.

The US review numbers are:

3DS (download)
Pokédex 3D (63,894)
Nintendo Video (53,802)
Netflix (33,181)
Swapnote (24,269)
3D Classics: Excitebike (20,285)
Pushmo (7,062)
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (5,262)
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (3,850)
3D Classics: Xevious (2,527)
Let's Golf! 3D (2,453)
Mighty Switch Force (1,861)
VVVVVV (1,719)
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (1,065)
Mutant Mudds (973)
Zen Pinball 3D (929)
3D Classics: Urban Champion (889)
3D Classics: Twinbee (524)
Pyramids (415)
Samurai Sword Destiny (375)

Virtual Console
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (19,207)
Super Mario Land (11,163)
Kirby's Dream Land (5,473)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (5,106)
Donkey Kong (4,435)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (1,329)
Game & Watch Gallery (1,270)
Mario's Picross (1,262)
Mega Man: Dr. Wiley's Revenge (1,044)
Alleyway (721)
Gargoyle's Quest: Ghosts 'N Goblins (717)
Tetris (349)
Pac-Man (276)
Radar Mission (266)
Qix (236)
Avenging Spirit (233)
Catrap (223)
Baseball (194)
Tennis (179)
Double Dragon (157)
Fortified Zone (116)
Blaster Master: Enemy Below (105)
Burger Time Deluxe (100)
Balloon Kid (96)
Bionic Commando (93)
Adventure Island (82)
Golf (47)
Lock N' Chase (34)
Side Pocket (28)
Maru's Mission (9)

Would be fun to see JP numbers for comparison.

Considering how huge the One Piece brand at the moment is in Japan (new manga volumes sell over 3 million copies)One Piece Musou could definitely sell a lot. Maybe FFXIII-2 territory like someone said earlier.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think that it could become the second best PS3 game of the entire generation. Just after FFXIII, obviously.

God damn it PSV can't break above the 18k barrier. It's like 18k -> 15k -> 18k -> 16k -> 18k -> 17k.

PSV has several hurdles to overcome:

1) Nintendo has apparently secured the Monster Hunter franchise on the 3DS.

2) The PS3 software market has become too strong and attractive. That means the PSV will play second fiddle.Unfortunately Sony,due to its own incompetence,doesn't have strong IPs to offset lack of third party support.

13l.jpg

yEsYO.png

Namco Bandai: One Piece Musou Has 500,000 orders

3) There's no doubt that the 3DS will be successful, but the handheld market is shrinking in Japan.In a matter of months,it's going to be blatantly obvious.

1_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg

3_thumb.jpg

Spiegel

I just read on 2ch that Famitsu is teasing two SUPER BIG SCOOPS for this weeks magazine. Big games almost always come from nowhere (for example MH3G wasn't teased the week before the announcement) so don't get too excited.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just read on 2ch that Famitsu is teasing two SUPER BIG SCOOPS for this weeks magazine. Big games almost always come from nowhere (for example MH3G wasn't teased the week before the announcement) so don't get too excited.

Or maybe this time they'll be two SUPER BIG SCOOP indeed, and everyone will be surprised since everyone thought they wouldn't have been surprising. :p

Nice shipment for New Love Plus; Plus+ was clearly frontloaded (the first one was a sleeper hit instead) so I expect this new game won't sell a lot after the first week. If it can manage to sell a high percentage of the first shipment, 200k should be a lock.

SWEET.

wQJxp.png

now this is something i can get hyped about.

Top Bottom