• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2012 (Jan 30 - Feb 05)

New Love Plus launch.

U5HlS.jpg

c2gPV.jpg

beUlU.jpg

I was not expecting line up pics at all thanks

the last video I saw it seem that only to touch sceen is ever used for the girl, she never went to the 3D screen wassup with that?

Rolf NB

3) There's no doubt that the 3DS will be successful, but the handheld market is shrinking in Japan.In a matter of months,it's going to be blatantly obvious.
Urm, isn't the 3DS driving handheld gaming back to growth, like, right now?
2011 was a tough year all around. Tsunami and all that. It's not just the handhelds that suffered, and it's not just the handhelds that will bounce back in 2012.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
From what I could gather it seems all limited editions of New Love Plus are sold out but there is plenty of stock for the standard edition.

I don't even remember what came with the limited edition
They had special design on the lead, I believe - they were limited 3DS versions if I am not wrong...

---
Also, it seems delaying it to Valentine at least didn't make it not sell good

Spiegel

Update: Gravity Daze has now definitely broken 1000 sales on PSN. Here is a comparison from yesterday's numbers with today's numbers:

Ragnarok Odyssey: 1013 -> 1132
Gravity Daze: 739 -> 1104

Please note that these are the number for user ratings for the game on PSN. Only those who have bought the product digitally can rate that product, but ratings are not required so they do not represent total sales, only minimum possible sales.

Continuing with this (pointless) update.
The game has >1500 ratings so it will have some legs or more people who bought the game last week have decided to rate the game now

Tgeqa.png

What's the most rated Vita game?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And Famitsu brought us a super scoop.

Asura's Wrath - 38 / 40
There are simply no words :lol

donny2112

I wake up to find myself in some sort of bizarro universe, it seems.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that 3DS+Vita hardware will be < DS+PSP hardware, which is the duh statement of the year (e.g. 3DS is unlikely to hold on long enough, high enough to approach DS totals, and PSVita has even less of a chance given current facts of approaching PSP totals), but then Chris1964 probably came up with the real reason for him posting that.

Chris1964 said:
Get ready everybody, PS3 will become the new DS in a couple of months.

donny2112

What's New LovePlus like? I assume it's just like Nintendogs - except with women?

Love Plus is a virtual girlfriend. Take her places, talk to her, buy her gifts, that kind of stuff. Started < 50K, but ended up ~250K LTD. Then there was Love Plus +, which I think added DSi functionality to take pictures and have your girlfriend appear in the picture (or maybe that was just that one resort place that offered that with some of their picture-friendly locales). That started off higher, but ended up ~200K. New Love Plus would be 3-D + AR g/f pictures, etc. of Love Plus. Considering Senran Kagura 3DS and the series history, there's good chance of New Love Plus doing pretty well, too.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 7, 2012 (Feb 06 - Feb 12)

01./00. [PSP] Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki <RPG> (Konami) {2012.02.09} (¥5.980)
02./00. [PSV] Gravity Rush <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.02.09} (¥5.980)
03./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800)
04./07. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
05./02. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990)
06./09. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
07./06. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Spec II <RCE> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥4.980)
08./08. [PS3] Armored Core V <ACT> (From Software) {2012.01.26} (¥7.800)
09./01. [PS3] Soul Calibur V <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.02} (¥8.380)
10./04. [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey <ACT> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥5.985)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont know why but Tri G legs are kinda surprising.
Revelations is disturbing the holy trinity.

mclem

Should we start calling the Holy Trinity the Holy Quaternity? Revelaitons seems to be holding its own pretty well among them.

Kenka

We are deep into February and triumvirate still rears its ugly head above the rest. Talk about a slow period.

At least they sell 3DS.

ahmadinejad-grimace.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Assuming the trinity of 3ds games have stayed vaguely steady it could mean as little as 25k plus for the top 2

Yes, and in my opinion an opening around 30K for Gravity is a good performance.
I mean: if we look at it as a first party product for the new handheld, its sell-power doesn't seem to be particulary strong.
If we look at its predictions, I think that 30K opening could be quiet positive.
It's a matter of perspective.

Kenka

05./02. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990) - 34.860 / 224.994 (-20%)

Please.

But that may be asking for too much. A drop sharper than 50% would be sad.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Guys, don't mix the gold with the silver. I mean: Kart, MH and Mario are flagship titles, Revelations is a spinoff of a good but not incredible brand, for the Japanese market.
It's holding decently, and it's perfoming decently/good, but not HUGELY as the other three BIG games.

Maedhros

Hope to see Gravity Daze having legs.

Good to see Ragnarok Odyssey on the list. =)]

3DS holy trinity is also there. Nice!

I wonder how they're going to treat GD - if the 30K shipment number is true would Sony be fast to get a second shipment out? If there's so little copies and it sells relatively well at release it could seriously damage any chance of it having legs (which I think Toyama was hoping for)

I wonder how they're going to treat GD - if the 30K shipment number is true would Sony be fast to get a second shipment out? If there's so little copies and it sells relatively well at release it could seriously damage any chance of it having legs (which I think Toyama was hoping for)

Yeah, Toyama claimed he wanted it having legs. It has gone sold-out and back to in-stock a couple of times on various retailers main websites, and is the fastest-rated PSN game on Vita so far. Hopefully it at least does well enough to get a sequel and some good DLC, because the game is simply incredible.

Top Bottom