• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2015 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

Hexa

Anyone somewhat surprised at The Order? I mean its not great obviously, but it beats out most western games FWs. Though I guess that doesn't really mean much.

It's a port of a PSP game but yes, the game sold badly. Perhaps PSV is not the right platform for otome games?

Well there's a surprising opinion from you :p

But yeah, that explains it better, thanks. The last Hakuouki sold ~28k FW on Vita (new title), so I was wondering why sales were so much lower for this one. Port explains it - I thought it was a new game.

Looks like pretty average sales for Hakuouki 8th gen ports too.

Well there's a surprising opinion from you :p

But yeah, that explains it better, thanks. The last Hakuouki sold ~28k FW on Vita (new title), so I was wondering why sales were so much lower for this one. Port explains it - I thought it was a new game.

Looks like pretty average sales for Hakuouki 8th gen ports too.

The previous Hakuoki on PSV was a spin-off, btw.

1 - Smartphones
2 - Vita
3 - iPad / Tablets
4 - PC
5 - PS3/PS4
6 - 360/XBONE
7 - Others

That seems weird, mostly because the Smartphones / tablets versions is most likely the PE, which according to my local Minecraft expert (my nephew) is the worse possible place to play the game since it is the version with the most strip down features on the market.

Alrus

The allure of western success.

+"incentives"

Crazier things have happened.

I know it's trendy to mock Capcom's business decisions these day but do you really expect them to throw away millions of sales in Japan to pursue the (non existent) possibility of sudden huge western success?

Wiggy

I know it's trendy to mock Capcom's business decisions these day but do you really expect them to throw away millions of sales in Japan to pursue the (non existent) possibility of sudden huge western success?

Why would square enix throw away millions of ps4 sales with TR?

I'm not saying i think this would happen at all, but i dont think its out of the realm of possibility (psv+ps4 anyway). Money talks.

Oregano

Wouldn't PS4+PSV be more likely?

Possibly but Capcom doesn't seem interested in Vita at all as opposed to PS4, I guess Sony could do the Vita version like Revelations 2 though.

Yes especially if they get the right offer from the platform holder.

Spiegel

Console only MH5 is not happening. The game will likely be a 2016 release so I don't expect it to release only on 3DS or only on the next Nintendo handheld.

At this point I think Capcom might try to wow the audience with better graphics after 8 games with similar graphical level, so maybe they will drop the 3DS and release it on the next Nintendo handheld + a console.

PS3/PS4/PSV multiplatform release would cover all the bases and Capcom is loving the money Sony is throwing at them, but I doubt it's going to happen. That would mean Vita would get a second life and Sony doesn't want that.

N3DS and next Nintendo handheld simultaneous release is the safest bet. Now watch it be a 3DS exclusive even after the next handheld is out.

Takao

Banned
Famitsu Top 10 Digital Sales (Dec. 22, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015)

01. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang) - 83.054 (100%)
02. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tag Force Special (Konami) - 79.958 (100%)
03. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Mojang) - 49.479 (100%)
04. [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Mojang) - 32.397 (100%)
05. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco) - 10.666 (16.1%)
06. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) - 8052 (3.9%)
07. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level-5) - 7807 (1.2%)
08. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) - 7437 (2.9%)
09. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) - 6831 (6.1%)
10. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix) - 6028 (6.3%)

Percentage is in reference to the share the digital version had in total (physical + digital) sales.

Shizuka

Famitsu Top 10 Digital Sales (Dec. 22, 2014 - Jan. 25, 2015)

01. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang) - 83.054 (100%)
02. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tag Force Special (Konami) - 79.958 (100%)
03. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Mojang) - 49.479 (100%)
04. [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Mojang) - 32.397 (100%)
05. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco) - 10.666 (16.1%)
06. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) - 8052 (3.9%)
07. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level-5) - 7807 (1.2%)
08. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) - 7437 (2.9%)
09. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) - 6831 (6.1%)
10. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix) - 6028 (6.3%)

Percentage is in reference to the share the digital version had in total (physical + digital) sales.

That should be good for Yu-Gi-Oh, right?

DrWong

About the western market argument: MH4U seems to be doing quite well on 3DS in the west, sales were way better in its opening week compared to the previous entry, so the franchise is growing here with the Nintendo audience. I'm not saying a PS4/3 futur is not possible but as of today it's very unlikely.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Console only MH5 is not happening. The game will likely be a 2016 release so I don't expect it to release only on 3DS or only on the next Nintendo handheld.

At this point I think Capcom might try to wow the audience with better graphics after 8 games with similar graphical level, so maybe they will drop the 3DS and release it on the next Nintendo handheld + a console.

PS3/PS4/PSV multiplatform release would cover all the bases and Capcom is loving the money Sony is throwing at them, but I doubt it's going to happen. That would mean Vita would get a second life and Sony doesn't want that.

N3DS and next Nintendo handheld simultaneous release is the safest bet. Now watch it be a 3DS exclusive even after the next handheld is out.

PS3/PS4/PSV might be good for now and a short term solution but i dont think Capcom wants weaken their relationship with Nintendo considering how much they worked together bringing the fanbase and the upcoming 4DS.

Dont know if Capcom can afford to not release a MH game this year, doesnt seem like there is much more they can do on (n)3DS. Hmm...

Spiegel

Dont know if Capcom can afford to not release a MH game this year, doesnt seem like there is much more they can do on (n)3DS. Hmm...

I expect them to release a MH game this year, but it can't be MH5.
Maybe they will try with another rebranded Poka Poka Airu Village. It could be a hit with the Animal Crossing audience.

antibolo

Banned
It's kinda sad that there was a huge Vita game launching this week and it still wasn't enough to push Vita hardware sales over the 3DS.

Oregano

I cant see capcom ignoring the handheld market for a mainline monster hunter game.

MH4 is the only one that started on handheld and it can easily just be an odd exception, like DQIX.

Maybe they will try with another rebranded Poka Poka Airu Village. It could be a hit with the Animal Crossing audience.

MH4U HD for PS4 this year, maybe the other Sony systems.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I agree, there will be some kind of release that wont "disturb the peace" - might be some kind of Poka Poka Airu as well as a GotY MH4G version, maybe with even more enhancements when played on n3DS.

I dont know what kind of hardware the next portable will have, but we can assume that Capcom will be one of the publishers/devs who will get their hands on dev-kits quite early if they are committing with MH.

MH4U HD for PS4 this year, maybe the other Sony systems.

I dont see it happening - especially if its based on the 3DS version. Hell if its PS4 only even a WiiU HD version of 4G might make sense and they didnt bother with one. PS4 alone is less likely than PS eco system.

This past week is where the PS4 push began right?

God Eater Rage Burst last week.
DQ:Heroes (February 26) and Revelations (February 25) this week.
Yakuza 0 (March 12) the week after next week.
Type-0 (March 19) the week after that.
Bloodborne, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Disgaea 5, and One Piece 3 (all March 26) the week after that.

Hope it does well.

An onslaught of software. And these games serve different audiences.

Spiegel

It's kinda sad that there was a huge Vita game launching this week and it still wasn't enough to push Vita hardware sales over the 3DS.

The second biggest launch Vita will ever have (most likely) and Sony can't be bothered to do a wide release of the hardware bundle. That is sad.

Bebpo

Banned
Quoting from last thread.

It still leaves that hanging question of what happens for a hypothetical God Eater 3 in a post-Vita world. I'm not sure they could transition to PS4, which was probably the plan.

You are assuming there will ever be a post-Vita world.

Oregano

Now that I'm back on my PC instead of mobile:
I agree, there will be some kind of release that wont "disturb the peace" - might be some kind of Poka Poka Airu as well as a GotY MH4G version, maybe with even more enhancements when played on n3DS.

I dont know what kind of hardware the next portable will have, but we can assume that Capcom will be one of the publishers/devs who will get their hands on dev-kits quite early if they are committing with MH.

I dont see it happening - especially if its based on the 3DS version. Hell if its PS4 only even a WiiU HD version of 4G might make sense and they didnt bother with one. PS4 alone is less likely than PS eco system.

Capcom is not investing in Wii U software, they are investing in PS4 software and they could probably get Sony to pitch in. The partnership with Nintendo is a means to an end, if Sony offers them a better deal they will take it and Sony will offer them a better deal.

You are assuming there will ever be a post-Vita world.

Either Vita means life or world ending pretty soon?

The biggest part of Monster hunter sales are from Japan you could have gain 500k in West but you win lose 3 or 4 time more sales in Japan.

They will expect much more than 500k additional sales in the west. Not saying they'll get them but they'll expect them and Sony will be selling them hard on PS4 being the route to massive western success.

it's kinda sad that there is still people who doesn't realize which is the superior tracker...

hint : every week it has sales data for 30 titles instead of 20

Top Bottom