• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 19th-25th Dec

mutsu

norinrad21 said:
The funny thing is they are still trying to put the kiddy lable on Nintendo, nice try guys, but the DS is mostly owned by adults, i've never even seen a kid holding a DS

I wouldn't say "mostly owned by adults", I think there's a fair share of both young and old. I have seen many kids playing with a DS.

But there is no hiding the fact that there are many adults playing the DS, much more than any previous handhelds, so that's why it looks like the DS is mostly owned by adults.

donny2112 said:
"Good," of course, being a relative term and all, but here are some others.

Star Fox Adventures (Does Europe count as "Western"? I'd think so.)
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Battalion Wars
1080: Avalanche
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (unless it being a remake discounts it)

Mostly Nintendo-published games developed by "Western" developers.

I was trying to stay away from Nintendo published games, and I forgot about Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes because Konami normally does Metal Gear game. I just forgot that Silicon Knights was doing it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Incidently, weren't we not supposed to get numbers this week due to the holiday? Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

mutsu

Link said:
Incidently, weren't we not supposed to get numbers this week due to the holiday? Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

Next week is the week when we won't get any numbers.

We will get numbers next in 2 weeks time, and those will cover a 2 week period.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:
No more xbox sales? I was sure it was going to top 200 this week. Ditto for GBA.

Its a sad day for sales tracking.
Just because it wasn't reported with the rounded off numbers doesn't mean it won't be on the MC site.

Fuzzy

Yay for the final numbers!

DS - 597,628
PSP - 161,332
PS2 - 97,475
GC - 36,646
GBASP - 35,764
GBM - 19,261
Xbox360 - 5,674
GBA - 906
Xbox - 141

YTD / LTD
DS - 3,761,175 / 5,256,771
PSP - 2,089,969 / 2,572,221
DS Lead - 1,671,206 / 2,684,550

The DS LTD is now more than double the PSP LTD.

warovercard.jpg

(in Japan)
:lol :lol :lol

Culex

Banned
Yet another crazy week for Nintendo! :D

Chart updated again, too. I've cleaned things up a bit and added a few more points of data.

JapanHandHeldWarFinal.png

More milestones ahoy!

The DS has now sold over 2 million more systems than the PSP since the release of Nintendogs. The DS total userbase now is TWICE that of the PSP, too! @_@

This will be my last update too, as I leave next Wednesday. Whoever wants the data, just PM me their email address.

EDIT: My figures were wrong, updated

Doogdogg

Culex said:

Chart updated again, too. I've cleaned things up a bit and added a few more points of data.

More milestones ahoy!

The DS has now sold over 2 million more systems than the PSP since the release of Nintendogs. The DS total userbase now is TWICE that of the PSP, too! @_@

This will be my last update too, as I leave next Wednesday. Whoever wants the data, just PM me their email address.

Instead of saying "DS Launch" replace it with "The Big Bang".

cvxfreak

Dark Dragon said:
Did you post Animal Crossing numbers from Dengeki? :) :D

Here they are! :)

Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori - 431,000 / 1,263,000

And system totals:

platform this week last week 2005 total 02 – 05 LTD
1 Nintendo DS 597,628 408,770 3,761,175 5,256,771
2 PSP 161,332 95,689 2,089,869 2,572,221
3 PlayStation 2 97,475 55,342 1,890,200 11,295,406
4 GameCube 36,646 17,849 260,601 3,143,741
5 GameBoy Advance SP 35,764 19,098 680,264 5,675,317
6 Game Boy micro 19,261 14,432 403,854 403,854
7 Xbox360 5,674 8,623 58,267 58,267
8 Gameboy Advance 906 416 24,733 4,553,111
9 Xbox 141 182 11,895 472,330

AniHawk

I wonder what MS's PR bullshit will look like when it comes to Japanese sales. I remember when the Xbox was tanking, they made it look like they had shipped 1.5 million to that region (but they were including Australia in there or something to make the numbers look better).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
AniHawk said:
I wonder what MS's PR bullshit will look like when it comes to Japanese sales. I remember when the Xbox was tanking, they made it look like they had shipped 1.5 million to that region (but they were including Australia in there or something to make the numbers look better).
Xbox 360 is the fastest selling next-gen console ever!
for the month of December 2005

Fuzzy

Culex said:

More milestones ahoy!

EDIT: My figures were wrong, updated
Nintendogs launched along with two new colors.

Spike

CVXFREAK said:
platform this week last week
1 Nintendo DS 597,628 408,770
2 PSP 161,332 95,689
3 PlayStation 2 97,475 55,342
4 GameCube 36,646 17,849
5 GBA SP 35,764 19,098
6 GBoy Micro 19,261 14,432
7 Xbox360 5,674 8,623
8 GBA 906 416
9 Xbox 141 182

Holy shit, the Xbox and Xbox 360 are the only 2 systems that actually sold less this week than last week. :lol

mj1108

AniHawk said:

"MS continues to be #1 in next-gen sales in Japan!"

Tony HoTT

Banned
xbox360 launch was such a fucking disaster. with luck it will pull itself out of this mess once some more japanese oriented titles release. ideally they would have waited to release the system with some stronger japanese oriented titles to ride on the interest that a system launch would have generated.

anyways 360 fails. fails hard. (in japan (-_^))

koam

93K Average DS sales per week is insane.

P.S can you make the chart bigger in height? It's hard to see the "low" sales.

Fuzzy

CVXFREAK said:
Holy shit, I just noticed that. :lol

Watch next week's sales bring it over 100K. :lol
I just checked and if the DS does at least 443,229 in the next chart it will put the weekly average at 100K.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
What's going to happen to DS sales after the holiday season? Will be interesting to see if hardware continues to sell relatively well and steadily along the lines of the "non-game" software sales charts Iwata showed off to demonstrate the "legs" of games like Brain Training and Nintendogs.

mj1108

soundwave05 said:
Nintendo has English Training (a new Brain Training type series) coming out in Japan in late January/Feburary I believe.

Plus Brain Training 2 was just released yesterday...er...the 29th in Japan.

Leondexter said:
You know, the Xbox 360 hasn't negatively affected Xbox sales. Just saying. :lol

2nd pillar? :lol

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
AniHawk said:
"Xbox 360 quickly becomes the fastest selling new console of 2005!
Released in early December, Microsoft's Xbox 360 has soared past the competition including Nintendo's very successful Game Boy Advance. Japan has never seen a launch of a new console having this level of excitement and anticipation. The outlook of Japanese support has improved greatly over the generations as the Xbox 360 has sold more than 100 times the number of original Xbox consoles since the release of the powerful next-gen console.

MrSardonic said:
What's going to happen to DS sales after the holiday season? Will be interesting to see if hardware continues to sell relatively well and steadily along the lines of the "non-game" software sales charts Iwata showed off to demonstrate the "legs" of games like Brain Training and Nintendogs.
just a guess... pokemon?

cvxfreak

JJConrad said:
"Xbox 360 quickly becomes the fastest selling new console of 2005!
Released in early December, Microsoft's Xbox 360 has soared past the competition including Nintendo's very successful Game Boy Advance. Japan has never seen a launch of a new console having this level of excitement and anticipation. The outlook of Japanese support has improved greatly over the generations as the Xbox 360 has sold more than 100 times the number of original Xbox consoles since the release of the powerful next-gen console.

:lol

Top Bottom