• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet the Cronut: Croissant-Donut Hybrid Takes Pastry World by Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
fXAPa7U.gif

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Mmmmmmmm... cronut.

I came into this thread with the intention of downplaying whatever concoction was detailed in the OP in favor of the glorious lemon pound cake, but now I wants dat delectable pastry with sinful desire.

massoluk

Banned
Ok, forget this shit, I hate waiting in line. May be one day it will simmer down a bit so I can stroll in to grab one.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's the number one source of crowtein.

shira

Ok, forget this shit, I hate waiting in line. May be one day it will simmer down a bit so I can stroll in to grab one.

I'm pretty sure Dunkin/Kripsy/Tim Horton/McDonald's are all chomping at the bit for the recipe or a knockoff.

It's the new Breakfast McDonut.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This is it. Mans greatest achievement. Too bad I CAN'T FUCKING EAT IT AAAARRRRGHRRGHRAHWEA KJFBAEGHSRG B

lenovox1

Never heard of this being a "thing" in NYC before now, but I've made them in the past with scrap croissant dough. Indulgent and tasty for sure, but I prefer a well-made croissant just the way it is.

[edit] Now I'm actually getting kind of upset that this guy is making bank on an idea that myself and no doubt others have done as a joke. :

Heh, I've made these before too. Brioche donuts filled with dark chocolate mousse is something worth dying for.

God, when are you going to open up your patisserie already? Soon, pls.

shira

Never heard of this being a "thing" in NYC before now, but I've made them in the past with scrap croissant dough. Indulgent and tasty for sure, but I prefer a well-made croissant just the way it is.
How did you solve the problem of the butter deep frying too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom