• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 confirmed by OFLC

Originally pointed out by Somnid in the SMRPG VC thread. It was just registered today by Capcom's Australian distributor; no platform is specified, but a dual PSN/XBLA release is rumored.

MEGA MAN 9 Game (Multi Platform)

Classification G (General)
Consumer Advice
Category Computer Games
Version ORIGINAL
Duration variable
Date of Classification 13 June 2008
Author CAPCOM
Publisher CAPCOM
Production Company CAPCOM
Country of Origin NOT SHOWN
Applicant RED ANT ENTERPRISES
File Number T08/2442
Classification Number 674B2654

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I WANT to be excited.

But after years of Battle Networks and X'es and Turbos and Alphas and Extemes, Mega Man's name has been horribly sullied.

MoxManiac

ICallItFutile said:
I think the X series started after 8.

Supposedly it's thought that the potential story between 8 and X (e.g. 9 ) would be that everyone dies, so that's why many thought 9 would never happen.

tehbear

Cautiously optimistic...

Though if they aren't making sure this is quality, at least can we have some Megaman X4 level of comedy?

Man God said:
X and 6 came out right around the same time.

It's probably a Wii or DS game.

It's multiplat, according to the OP's source.

people still play these games. I don't think ive played a MM title since I was 15. Im 30 now.

You haven't played a MM game since MM5?

Ifrit

I'm pretty excited about this news, hopefully Inafune will be in charge for the sequel

*crosses fingers*

Teknoman

Father_Brain said:
Originally pointed out by Somnid in the SMRPG VC thread. It was just registered today by Capcom's Australian distributor; no platform is specified, but a dual PSN/XBLA release is rumored.

2jb8i92.jpg

Please please PLEASE be true and hopefully for a console. Im all for handheld Megaman, but main series sequels would be nicer on a home console.

rhino4evr said:
people still play these games. I don't think ive played a MM title since I was 15. Im 30 now.

You missed out on Megaman Powered up and X Maverick Hunter then.
Too bad huh?

Destructoid posted this story a few days ago, but I try to avoid starting threads with rumors and no evidence.

The word is they're sticking 100% 2D gameplay and it will be a PS3/XB Arcade title. If so...sign me up.

MoxManiac said:
Supposedly it's thought that the potential story between 8 and X (e.g. 9 ) would be that everyone dies, so that's why many thought 9 would never happen.

I blame Bob and George for getting people stuck on the stupid idea that Zero somehow kills everyone in the MM Classic series.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Why would they make this a downloadable title? It's not going to be short is it? :\

jj984jj said:
Why would they make this a downloadable title? It's not going to be short is it? :\

The average non-RPG MM game takes about 3 hours, you know? Replay value is another thing entirely.

Cheeto

Pureauthor said:
The average non-RPG MM game takes about 3 hours, you know? Replay value is another thing entirely.
I can beat Megaman 2 in less than an hour and it's the best one!

Teknoman

typhonsentra said:
No cel-shading plz. Those last few X games were hideous.

Megaman X8 looked pretty nice actually. Hell it was one of the better Megaman X titles released after 3, with decent voice actors for everyone, some catchy stage music, and good level design aside from two vehicle levels that werent needed.

Teknoman said:
Megaman X8 looked pretty nice actually. Hell it was one of the better Megaman X titles released after 3, with decent voice actors for everyone, some catchy stage music, and good level design aside from two vehicle levels that werent needed.
Jakob <3<3<3

X8 was the series' redemption after X6 and X7.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pureauthor said:
If that's the case, then I think it'd be best served on a handheld.

Good man.

Also since we all know how well MM games sell on the PSP it should definately be...

on the DS.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'd love to see a Mega Man lose all the extraneous baggage it's put on over the years and go back to the roots again, Powered Up! was great, but a similar game with all-new levels and no worries about finding all this misc. health tanks and other stuff would be awesome. MM2 and 3 are some of the best games of all time.

Teknoman

[Nintex] said:
Mega Man 9 holy shit!

Although they need to keep it simple.

I say just do it Powered Up style. Maybe not the same graphic style, but the way the story was put together. Meaning standard boss selection screen, voiced converations, and small cutscenes during the intro stage.

Also please keep Powered Up's VA for Megaman. That was the BEST classic Megaman voice actor that the english version of a Megaman game has ever seen. Sounds like a boy, not some high pitched voice.

Also use whoever was in charge for the sound design of Powered Up:

The intro stage and Time Man were pretty close to original Megaman style when it comes to music.

Of course MM8 style music wouldnt hurt either. Search Man, Grenade Man, Frost Man, and Aqua man work nicely.

Himuro said:
Watch it be a dumbed down game if Mega Man ZX is any indication.

Why would ZX be any indication? I don't Inticreates is going to be on the job.

(Although, they have been rather quiet outside of ZX Gigamix).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stumpokapow said:
So I guess this officially labels Rockman and Forte's pseudo-canonical position as a Mega Man 8 ROMHACK.

What a bastard of a game. A balls hard MM game with the super hard mode being the one where you actually play as the titular character. Especially the GBA remake.

Teknoman

Bass and Protoman better be optional playable characters. Also back on VA, just use everyone from Powered Up (at least Dr. Light, Roll, Mega, Wily, and Protoman anyway).

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
developed by backbone entertainment in association with udon and the legions of hell

Top Bottom