• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC this August!

Only four games is iffy. I love 9, and kinda like 7 and 8 but never really liked 10. They need to have some extra games for this one. Give me an X collection!

Hero

Really dislike the classic MM games being split up into two different volumes here. Will hold out on a master version.

StarPhlox

I wouldn't mind a straight up port of the Zero Collection either.

Also, I think I would actually play through the MMBN sub-series if they could port those with a slider for random battles. They get really tiring really quickly in those games and if they could be pretty much shut off I bet I'd enjoy that series as the core gameplay is pretty fun.

Zia

This seems like the actual, half-baked money grab that people accused the first collection (which was actually super logical, respectful and cohesive) of being.

aett

So psyched for ports of 9 and 10. It's about time we get those on the current gen - I'm surprised they didn't port them over to (at least) PS4 and XBO immediately.

I hate to admit it, but unless a Switch port is announced between now and August, I will totally double-dip for the portability factor. I'm glad I passed on MM7 on the N3DS virtual console - it's a good game and is often overlooked, but I'd rather have it on the collection. I don't think I'll ever play MM8 again, though. It's the only MM game I've never completed and so much of it just rubs me the wrong way, although the cutscenes never fail to make me laugh.

Marcel

Not remotely true. 7 and 8 are both great.

5olW0qQ.gif

But is it the Saturn or the PSX version of 8?

This is very important.

(also where's MM&B)

I assume probably the PS1. Even when Sega themselves port Saturn games, they're always careful not to use the Saturn version itself as the base. (e.g. Sonic R and Panzer Dragoon were based on their PC versions, their Sega Ages and PSN releases on the arcade versions, NiGHTs HD was based on the PS2 version which they even went on record as saying was a nightmare to port).

Missing a few games that probably should have been in there, but I never did play 9 & 10 on PS3, so day 1 for me. (I liked both 7 and 8) Also it would be great to come into a thread about a game and see discussion about the game, and not the damn platforms it's not on.

Novocaine

Cool, never played 7-8. Only 4 games compared to six in the first collection sucks a bit though. Maybe they could secretly put Tron Bonne on there as well.

Hero

I never picked up the first Legacy Collection, what's the consensus on that these days?

I have the Gamecube and PS2 collections, how do those fare against it? Kind of ridiculous if those ports are equal//better.

NathanS

I assume probably the PS1. Even when Sega themselves port Saturn games, they're always careful not to use the Saturn version itself as the base. (e.g. Sonic R and Panzer Dragoon were based on their PC versions, their Sega Ages and PSN releases on the arcade versions, NiGHTs HD was based on the PS2 version which they even went on record as saying was a nightmare to port).

I know, but its the better version and it would be really nice to put in the extra effort so that the definitive version of the game is the one being showcased. But I know its not happening....

Swordian

I never picked up the first Legacy Collection, what's the consensus on that these days?

I have the Gamecube and PS2 collections, how do those fare against it? Kind of ridiculous if those ports are equal//better.

The first MMLC is better than the old collection.

Saikyo

I would too, but they haven't shown anything to give away that it's one version over the other. As long as I can hold out hope, I'm keeping it.

There are no ripples in the water when they show Aquaman stage, rip the dream.

By the description there is no dual audio so its the worst version of mega man 8...

I know, but its the better version and it would be really nice to put in the extra effort so that the definitive version of the game is the one being showcased. But I know its not happening....

Oh, no doubt about that. It's a shame that the Saturn is so intimidating for devs to port from. So many games are potentially going to be lost to time because of it and it's just plain tragic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The only good thing to come from X6 was that one guy who did...
- X no upgrades
- All Reploids
- Nightmare Difficulty
- No damage
- Buster Only

run. It really shows how BAD the game is. Then there's X7 and X8...yeah...

X8 was great though.

The input lag in the first legacy collection was kind of rough, and I play on a Zowie monitor with pretty good latency. It's playable, but when you play on the original hardware on a CRT it's a completely different experience. That's the one thing that makes these releases kind of bittersweet, there's just no way to actually recreate the experience decently with modern tech.

might have to pick this up as well as the first collection.

for 8, I always owned it on ps1. whats so much better about the saturn version? and since i grew up on 8, it is my favorite of the megaman games. (love the battle network and megaman zero games though)

jholmes

I can't believe there's no Mega Man and Bass and they should really round this out with Mega Man Soccer. Actually I'm starting to wonder if there might be some rights issue with Mega Man Soccer.

I guess I'll get this on a Steam Sale, I still don't own 10.

Seems like packaging MM&B would've been an easy way to pad this collection since it's wholly appropriate here.

The first MMLC is better than the old collection.

I'm pretty sure dragging my dick across hot asphalt is better than playing the original Mega Man collections on PS2, especially the GameCube one.

Regiruler

The fact that this isn't on a Nintendo platform in some form seems to be a complete misreading of the game's target demographic.

The input lag in the first legacy collection was kind of rough, and I play on a Zowie monitor with pretty good latency. It's playable, but when you play on the original hardware on a CRT it's a completely different experience. That's the one thing that makes these releases kind of bittersweet, there's just no way to actually recreate the experience decently with modern tech.
you can emulate the original experience if you turn off vsync and I guess use a wired controller

Top Bottom